Tiffany (ladyofhonor) | 224 comments Mod
Maybe I need to start putting the year in the title

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Every Closed Eye Ain't Sleep by Marita Teague

This is the book for August!!

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Hi!! This book is 39 chapters we will be reading 10 chapters a week so this friday read until chapter 10 and I will post questions later this week:)

message 4: by QUEENIE (new)

QUEENIE (msqueenieclem) | 15 comments I am ready for a discussion.

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

What do you think about Desi?

What about Taye?

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

What are you feelings on Isabella, Langley, Victor, Shay and Pastor Kingston?

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Is no body reading the book?

message 8: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck I am done with 72% of the book. I did not attempt to answer the questions because they are too general.

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

they were only for the first chapter so they couldn't be too detailed because we didn't know too much about them

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Why do you think Desiree chose to be with Taye?

Why does Kaylyn struggle with her faith?

message 11: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck Desiree chose to be with Taye and (the others) because she was tired of being alone. When you get thirsty you don't always make the best decisions.

message 12: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck Kaylan stuggles with her faith because of the hurt she experienced at the hands of church folk. Without giving anything away, it was a traumatic experience for her. Even more so, because when she told those close to her they responded with unbelief.
People don't realize that the church is made of imperfect people. When your faith is not real strong and something goes wrong at church a lot of people tend tofall apart.

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

What were thoughts about Phillip? Do you think that the warning signs were loud enough for her to prevent what happened or do you think Desiree was a victim of circumstance?

message 14: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck There were signs that they were not on the same page and that he wasn't the one. But nothing screamed out to make anyone think that he would take matters to such an ugly extreme.

message 15: by Tiffany (new)

Would you have taken Langley back?

Do you feel rape is a reason someone wouldn't want to marry a person?

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Do you think Desiree should have reported Phillip right away or was it okay that she said she didn't want to?

message 17: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck I would not want Langley back because it was clear that he was not back because of his love for her.

message 18: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck A lot of rape victims can't don't report they're rape right away due to guilt and shame, so that wasn't out of the ordinary, That is why people are up in arms about having the statute of limitations increased. In this instance every thing worked out.

message 19: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck Rape is no reason to not marry someone as long as they have received therapy and are working through their issues.

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

To end the book review for this month what where you thoughts on the book as a whole?

message 21: by BernieMck (new)

BernieMck I liked the book a lot. The twist towards the end where mom lives and her young friend doesn't was a great surprise. The spiritual messages were great enhancements.

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

I agree with you Bernie while this book wasn't full or twist and turns it had a very strong message and kind of made you take a look at yourself and your own situation no matter if you married or single.