GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Debut author > Seeking Reviews on Coming of Age Fantasy Novel!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shakyra (new)

Shakyra Dunn | 8 comments Hi there, everyone!

I've been published now for about a month and a half, and I'm seeking honest reviews on my debut novel, the first in a series!

https://www.amazon.com/One-Left-Behin...

The e-book is currently on sale for $.99, unless, you know, you wanna spend $15 on a paperback, which would be pretty amazing too! If not, I could always send off a PDF. ^_^ I'm mainly not in it for the money at this moment, rather just get some feedback in order to prepare for creating the second novel.

I'm also holding a giveaway for two physical copies of the novel from July 28th-August 5th here if anyone is interested!

message 2: by R.B.N. (new)

R.B.N. Bookmark (ribban) | 5 comments It is hard getting reviews so keep at it.
My debut book released in March, let me know if you are interested in.

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Rose | 5 comments Hi Shakyra,

I was also published in March, debut novel in a 6 book fantasy series. I would suggest giving away the book free instead of mentioning costs. You're right to say you're not interested in making money right now lol, and if you want more people to read and review, you have to get as many out into the world as possible.

I just did a giveaway as well. Sent out 10 paperbacks, got 1 review. It was a great review! But 4 months in, I only have 3 and one of them I posted for someone else who emailed her review to me. lol

I have also decided to add the FREE DOWNLOAD on my website of the ebook. I'd rather get it out, get people talking about it. Things happen in the background that we can't see, and my thoughts are, someone is reading my stuff right now and loving it and their gonna tell someone else! It snowballs from there :)

I'm curious, where are you located? I'm in New York. I am also starting my second book and I'm looking for a writing buddy. To read a chapter, give me notes, and I'll do the same for them. Would you be interested in swapping reviews for book 1 and then we can help each other with book 2? We'll leave each other reviews, which helps promote book 1 plus get to work on book 2. Let me know. It's SO necessary to have another set of eyes, if not more! lol

message 4: by Shakyra (new)

Shakyra Dunn | 8 comments I'm living in Iowa right now! And I'd definitely love to review swap and share chapters! You're right, it really does help to have a second pair of eyes!

message 5: by J. (new)

J. Rose | 5 comments Shakyra wrote: "I'm living in Iowa right now! And I'd definitely love to review swap and share chapters! You're right, it really does help to have a second pair of eyes!"

Email me! jmny.newyork@gmail.com Send me your ebook and I'll send mine. We'll take it from there ;)

message 6: by Shakyra (new)

Shakyra Dunn | 8 comments Okay! ^_^

message 7: by Shakyra (new)

Shakyra Dunn | 8 comments Hawkview Reviews wrote: "Hey! You can try here to get a few reviews for your book ;)

http://authordestinyhawkins.wix.com/h..."

I just submitted to that not long ago! Thank you for that!