What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA? Fantasy shapeshifter series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn StarNight | 3 comments I cannot for the life of me remember these books. I read them back in middle school (little over 7 years ago from posting). It was not a new book series back when I checked it and had been at the school library for a while.

I'm assuming YA but I'm not sure. It seemed a bit unsuited for the age I read it but whatever it was still good.

It was an old-time fantasy. Not set in modern day. Strange place, no recognizable landmarks, etc.

The main character was a young girl (pre to early teen)with the power to shapeshift into animals and had to be taught how to use this power. The best thing I remembered about her powers is she could mishmash animals together (like a hawk with the claws of a lion) to better attack stuff. But this ability was very tiring and hard to keep up.

She had a teacher that was a powerful wizard/mage, a guy, who was an adult and very important. The girl and him fall in love at some point. (This really stuck out to middle-school me because it came across a bit creepy for a full grown adult to love someone that young.)

I don't remember what they had to fight but it was dangerous and I believe it almost got the mage guy killed. It might involved a different dimension.

The series was a serious book (not written for comedy) and had 3 maybe 4 books

message 2: by Kiaya (new)

Kiaya | 7 comments I was going to say Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce. One of my Favs!

message 3: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments I've been waiting and waiting for someone to have a Tamora Pierce that needed solving. All time favourite author

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40097 comments Mod
Caitlyn, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Was it "Wild Magic"?