YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton - Restarting July 17th 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 250 (250 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85318 comments Mod

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath. Now she’s returned—to her old life, her family, her boyfriend—before she’s banished back to the underworld . . . this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can’t find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these precious months forgetting the Everneath and trying to reconnect with her boyfriend, Jack, the person most devastated by her disappearance—and the one person she loves more than anything. But there’s just one problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who enticed her to the Everneath in the first place, has followed Nikki home. Cole wants to take over the throne in the underworld and is convinced Nikki is the key to making it happen. And he’ll do whatever it takes to bring her back, this time as his queen.

As Nikki’s time on the Surface draws to a close and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she is forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole’s queen.

Everneath is a captivating story of love, loss, and immortality from debut author Brodi Ashton.

Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton will be our 1st GBR for August 2016.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments I'm going to try to do this one! I've wanted to read it for a while. I've read a couple books that involve the underworld or Hades/Persephone retelling such as Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan, Abandon by Meg Cabot and A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J Maas!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments I've never read anything by this author but I'm excited to read it! I love that it's based on Greek mythology's story of Hades and Persephone.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Nicole wrote: "I've never read anything by this author but I'm excited to read it! I love that it's based on Greek mythology's story of Hades and Persephone."

OMG me too! Literally put mythology in a book and I'll devour it! :)

message 7: by PNJ (new)

PNJ (EmergencyRN) | 53 comments I would love to read this one. I've never read anything by this author, but excited to read and see how it goes!

message 8: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Never read any from this author before so should be interesting.

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I'll have to give this a go as I've been meaning to read this and I love Greek myths and their retellings. @Andrea, I will have to check out some of the others you mentioned as I only knew the Percy Jackson ones.

message 10: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6313 comments Joining. :)

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Starting as soon as it hits 3 for me—midnight GR time.

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22842 comments Mod
I have to find this on my shelf. Which will be a little difficult since it's dark right now and I don't have a light. :/

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Starting.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Chapter 2: (view spoiler)

message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Aug 01, 2016 02:55AM) (new)

Chapter 1: Right off the bat I'm wondering what the 'feed' is. I didn't put this in spoilers since its literally the first line. :/

A (view spoiler)

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Oh and I forgot that I wanted to comment on the cover! It is gorgeous with the smoke and the billowing dress! I love the colour and style of the dress. *grabby hands*

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

message 18: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Jackie wrote: "Chapter 5: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Chapter 10: (view spoiler)

message 20: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments I'm a bit bored so far. I can see why i never got around to reading the others.

message 21: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Abbie wrote: "I'm a bit bored so far. I can see why i never got around to reading the others."

I was okay reading it the first time, but this is the second time and I am finding even less to enjoy.

message 22: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Jamie wrote: "Abbie wrote: "I'm a bit bored so far. I can see why i never got around to reading the others."

I was okay reading it the first time, but this is the second time and I am finding even less to enjoy."

I rated it 3 the first time, and it'll probably get the same this time. Couldn't remember much about it apart from the fact that I wasn't desperate to read the rest. Just finding it a bit dull at the moment.

message 23: by Xiamera (new)

Xiamera | 715 comments I'm a couple chapters in and it's going...just going. It just seems so sad and drained of life but I guess the reader is suppose to get a sense of how she feels.

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Xiamera wrote: "I'm a couple chapters in and it's going...just going. It just seems so sad and drained of life but I guess the reader is suppose to get a sense of how she feels."

I had that exact same feeling and I'm only about 2 chapters in! :)

message 25: by Jamie (last edited Aug 01, 2016 04:24PM) (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Up through Ch 16 (view spoiler)

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Ch 22 (view spoiler)

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Done! (view spoiler)

message 28: by Jamie (last edited Aug 01, 2016 05:34PM) (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Sarah wrote: "Pre-Reading Questions -"
Almost forgot these
Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start? It is a re-read for me. Don't remember too much about the first book.

Has anyone read anything similar to this before? Err....not sure. Sort of, in some ways, but nothing too similar.

Anybody read anything else by this author previously? The rest of this series.

message 29: by Xiamera (new)

Xiamera | 715 comments (view spoiler)

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Chapter 15: (view spoiler)

message 31: by Xiamera (new)

Xiamera | 715 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

message 32: by Xiamera (new)

Xiamera | 715 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 2: (view spoiler)

Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 17: (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 21: (view spoiler)

message 38: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Nicole wrote: "Chapter 2: [spoilers removed]

Chapter 5: [spoilers removed]"

I was confused as well.

message 39: by Nicole's Book Diaries (last edited Aug 01, 2016 11:39PM) (new)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

message 40: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments I just read the prologue and I'm a little confused

message 41: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

message 42: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

message 43: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments Chapter 17: (view spoiler)

message 44: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments (view spoiler)

message 45: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments (view spoiler)

message 46: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments Chapter 30: (view spoiler)

message 47: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 4009 comments The end: (view spoiler)

message 48: by Sharon (last edited Aug 02, 2016 06:46AM) (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Chapter 2: (view spoiler)

message 49: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

message 50: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9947 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4 5