UoE Harry Potter Society Book Discussion discussion

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Spoiler Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (powisamy) | 9 comments Mod
In this discussion you can talk about Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Feel free to mention your thoughts and maybe questions for future book discussions. Spoilers can be mentioned in this discussion from those who have seen the play or those who have read the book.

message 2: by John (new)

John Stammers (jwstammers) | 2 comments So what do we all think of the Cursed Child? I really enjoyed reading it and will probably read it again in future. But the more I think about it, the more I get mixed feelings about it.

message 3: by Sirilpotter (new)

Sirilpotter | 1 comments I really enjoyed it. It was so great to be immersed in the universe again. And I do find it interesting to approach it from a different medium, as theatre does a lot of things differently from novels, obviously. I also think it is apparent that JKR is present in the writing of the play, but that it is not wholly hers, if that makes sense?

message 4: by John (new)

John Stammers (jwstammers) | 2 comments I really enjoyed the fact that it's a play, and it would be great to see how what is written translates to the stage (not that I'll probably ever get the chance :/). I agree that it seems Rowling was involved, but I'd also say it's obviously not her writing. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, though.

Maybe it's just me trying too hard to be critical, but I felt that the conflict between Albus and Harry was a little cliche. I thought the ending, not the final moment at Godric's Hollow, but how the characters would have changed by the end was a bit predictable. Was I expecting too much?

Scorpius is great, I love his character. It's great to see a different representation of the Slytherins and the Malfoys. However, I'm annoyed that Teddy Lupin wasn't even mentioned. And I'm not really sure how I feel about Delphi's parentage.

Also, wasn't Snape the one who found Harry after Voldemort's attack? Didn't he carry Harry out? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. But the play showed Hagrid finding Harry, and that really confused me.