Cat Mystery Readers discussion

Cat Mystery Series > The Cat Who Mysteries by Lilian Jackson Braun

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (yvonne473) | 243 comments Mod
I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Amy the book-bat (batkisses) | 6 comments They are fun stories. I'm ready for #22, I think. I hope to finish the series this year and then pass it on to someone else to enjoy. I picked them all up at a library book sale, so they didn't cost me much. I like to read them while listening to them as audio books. The narrator, George Guidal (hope I spelled it right) is really good.

message 3: by Anna Catharina (new)

Anna Catharina I read the first three books and found them really good, after them I read some later books (in the 20ties I think) and I found them a little bit boring. It's better to read them in order because of the great change of Qwills lifestyle and character during the books (I was a little bit confused). If I got the chance to read more books I would read them.

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 173 comments A Wonderful series! Mr. Q a newspaper writer with his 2 Siamese cats Koko & Yum Yum! Great adventures, lots to learn & some history thrown into these books which makes they relaxing & interesting.

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 5 comments This is my favorite cat series of all time. Not only do I have all the printed books, with 1 signed, not to me but I was happy to have it given to me, I have the audiobooks also. These are the only audiobooks I enjoy.
I'm not sure who helped with the last few books before LJB's death but they somehow lost the magic. Or it might just have been poor editing. I don't know.
I did discover the Cat in the Stack series by Miranda James and really like those but need to catch up on the series.

message 6: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 55 comments I have read most of the Cat Who stories until I noticed a difference in writing and didn't like the books as well. I have the Cat In Stacks series. Have you read the Joe Grey series by Shirley Rousseau Murphy? That is my favorite cat series.

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 5 comments No I haven't. I fact I was just looking for a new series to start so now I don't have to check any farther. Thanks Betty. I never ever heard of this author or series.

message 8: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 55 comments I was lucky and I brought the ebooks when they were a special for $2.99. The first one is CAT ON THE EDGE by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.
Looking this morning I noticed that there 3 good cat mysteries that need a folder. Look in the folder for Cat mysteries. I will start a folder for each.

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 5 comments Good idea about the folders. I got Cat on the Edge for $1.99 yesterday (ebook) as a special. Thanks again Betty. I check out the folders. Carolyn Hart has one cat book. What the Cat Saw that I had hoped she would expand into a series but haven't seen anything. She decided to continue with her Death on Demand series which I like but I kind of think they have run their course. Like any series that has been around for a long time.