Pop Sugar's Annual Ultimate Reading Challenge discussion

Past Year List Brainstorms > Classic from the 20th Century

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam | 69 comments Okay, so would one say that 'American psycho' by Brett Easton Ellis is a classic? I would say it is notorious, or even famous/infamous, but is it a 'classic'?

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Nolan79 | 14 comments I think so. I am reading The Talented Mr. Ripley for my 20th century classic

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam | 69 comments I've been meaning to get around to that one. Perhaps after I've finished the challenge. Hope you enjoy it.

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Caldwell | 36 comments I am thinking about reading The Outsiders for this one, do you think it would count? I've never seen the movie, but have heard so many good things about the story.

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam | 69 comments I would think it counts. Hinton is a classic 20th Century author in my opinion.

message 6: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (ttrivium) | 46 comments Crystal wrote: "I am thinking about reading The Outsiders for this one, do you think it would count? I've never seen the movie, but have heard so many good things about the story."

You should read The Outsiders. Such a good book!

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina Webb (msbeefcake) | 32 comments Omg!! the outsiders was my favorite book when I was younger