Mythical and Fantasy Roleplay discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Bluewaterstorm ~ Skeletons ~  Evil and Sassy Girl ~ For a reason ~ To be known as a Legend ~ | 115 comments Mod
At the back forest of the Elvish Warriors and territory there is a swamp that may be of use and home to creatures of your preference. But be careful they may get bogged, into the mush of the swamp :p

description

message 2: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom sat alone on a mossy rock near the swamp. He really wanted someone to talk to, but he knew nobody would bat an eye at a giant blob of mud. He drooped down sadly. He knew he would never have any friends.

message 3: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom sighed, then trudged off to his cave by the swamp, leaving a trail of oozy sludge behind him.

message 4: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom was sitting on another rock again, admiring nature and all its beauty. He heard the sweet, melodic call of a bird and smiled. This was where he belonged. This was where he could be accepted. This was where he could be himself and no one would think any less of the strange blob of mud sitting on a rock beside a gluggy swamp.

But then, Gloom heard a noise that broke the serenity. He frowned. What could it be?

DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!

((You guys can decide what happens next if you want :) ))

message 5: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((Mind if I join? I have a fallen angel named Damon that I haven't done anything with lol))

message 6: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) ((Sure, you can join if you want! Just letting you know, Gloom is a mud monster. You can find out more about him in the "create a character" thread :) Anyway, feel free to join at any time!))

message 7: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((Lol yeah I read over him.))

Damon walked through the swamp. He wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the stupid plant that he needed to make the special drink a witch had told him about. His feet were soaking wet and he was drenched in sweat.

He came around a tree and stopped. There was what looked like a man in front of him, only he was covered in mud. "Hey man you need some help?" Damon wasn't normally the helper type but if he was covered in mud he would probably need some help to.

message 8: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom heard the voice and spun around. As soon as he saw the figure standing there, he panicked. Why was there a man in the swamp? What did he want?

Gloom cautiously backed away. "W-who are you?" He trembled nervously.

message 9: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "My name is Damon." The guy seemed scared, maybe he was lost and confused. "You're covered in mud, are you lost or something?" He asked. He moved a little closer to the muddy guy.

message 10: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom frowned. He didn't understand. Why was the man still talking to him? Why wasn't he running away, screaming like everyone else?

"I-I'm not covered in mud," he responded. "I...am...mud."

To demonstrate this, Gloom picked up a stick and jabbed it through his stomach. The stick slid through and protruded out the other side. Feeling nothing at all, he pulled the stick back out and the hole in his stomach quickly closed over with mud.

message 11: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Damon was truly impressed. "Wow, that's so cool." He said laughing. He picked up a rock and tossed it at the guy. He watched as it stuck in the mud man and disappeared into his body. Damon smiled, "You could like hide stuff in your body!"

message 12: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom laughed, still a bit confused. "Um... I've never really thought of it that way," he replied. "But now that you mention it, that could be pretty useful." He grinned. He hadn't laughed in what felt like forever.

"I'm Gloom, by the way," he added.

message 13: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Damon" He said in response. "Do you live here?" He asked looking around. He could imagine anyone being here more than they had to. He wanted to find his plant and get out as soon as possible.

message 14: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) "Uh, kind of," Gloom said. "I've got a cave nearby where I usually sleep, but the Swamp is my home."

He noticed that Damon looked eager to leave. "Is... is there something you need? Why did you come here?" He asked curiously.

message 15: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Oh, yeah. I'm looking for this flower that I heard was in this swamp. It is purple and blue." Damon looked around but only saw mud and water. "Don't happen to know where I could find one do you?" He asked as he looked back at Gloom.

message 16: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom gasped. "D-do you mean the Indigo Hibiscus flower?" He was astonished. "You're right, they do grow in this swamp, but... er... they're not that easy to retrieve. Do you need it for anything important?"

message 17: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Yeah, it is kind of a personal matter." He said. "So you know how to get one?" His feet were starting to hurt from being wet and walking around so much. The quicker he could get the flower the better.

message 18: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom winced. "Well... yes. But, it only grows in a particular place. And this place isn't very easy to access. You see, it's kind of guarded... by a creature that isn't particularly friendly."

message 19: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Challenge accepted." Damon said as he smiled. "I have to get this flower. So where are we headed?" He asked as he unfurled his wings.

message 20: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom turned around. He pointed towards a large, wide tree with overhanging branches. "That's where you'll find your flower. It's also where you'll find Erak, the giant serpent, and he isn't very friendly."

message 21: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Never been afraid of snakes, and I do not intend to start now." He said as he looked toward the tree. "Are you going to come or just stay here?" He looked back at Gloom as he stretched his wings.

message 22: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom paused. He didn't want this stranger to fight the beast alone, but he didn't exactly want to become a giant snake's lunch either. But Damon intrigued him. Why was he so carefree? What kind of past did he have to make him this way?

"I'll come," he decided, hurrying to catch up with the fallen angel.

message 23: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Okay so this flower. Do you know where it is in the branches?" Damon kept his voice and head low as they started to get closer to the tree. He hoped he could get the flower and bolt before the snake even realized what happened, but if he had to fight he would.

message 24: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) "Uh...," Gloom said. "I'm not sure. I've never really gotten this far," he admitted sheepishly. "Sorry."

message 25: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Okay." He said sighing. He was on his own from here. "You keep watch and make sure the snake doesn't sneak up on me." Damon glanced at Gloom, gave a quick nod, and silently took to the air. The tree was huge and it could take him hours to find the flower. He was going off of luck and hoping that would be easy to find.

When he got to one of the lower branches he landed and looked around. No sign of any serpent or flower. He sighed and took off again.

message 26: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Then suddenly, Gloom spotted something that made his eyes widen.

"Uh...Damon?" He trembled.

message 27: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Damon turned in mid air and saw the biggest snake he'd ever seen. It could easily swallow him whole. He landed on a branch and tried to stay out of sight. He didn't think the serpent had seen him yet and he was confident that he could slip past it. Damon's heart sank though when the snake spoke.

"I know your here." It said with a deep voice. "I can smell you, fallen angel." Damon was starting to get a little nervous. The snake didn't know where he was but it knew he was here. He had to find that flower fast.

message 28: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom froze in fear. He had only ever seen the serpent while it was asleep and he hadn't known that it could talk. Then, he came to his senses and realised that Damon was in danger. The tree was very large and it could take a while to find that flower. He needed a distraction.

Gloom took a deep breath, and then called out, "H-Hey, Erak. H-how's it g-going?" He couldn't keep the fear out of his voice. It was unlikely that it would want to devour a mud monster, but that snake could swallow a horse whole. That would be enough to make almost anyone tremble.

message 29: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) The giant serpent turned when it heard his name. This gave Damon a chance to move. He jumped from branch to branch, scanning everything he could. His confidence in finding the flower was sinking with every passing moment, until his eyes caught a streak of blue. It stuck out against all of the green and brown, and Damon almost cheered out loud when he saw that it was the flower he was looking for.

Damon quickly flew to it and picked it off the branch. It was small but it was the flower that he needed. He turned back and saw the snake circling Gloom. "Who are you? You smell like the earth but have the shape of a human." It had completely enclosed Gloom now and Damon feared the worst. But what animal would want to eat mud anyway?

message 30: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom spotted Damon in the distance and sighed in relief when he saw that the fallen angel had found his flower. But the giant snake was still surrounding him.

"I-I'm Gloom," he said, starting to get worried. "Actually, I j-just remembered that I...um...need to get back home. I, er, have some guests over and I wouldn't want to keep them waiting," he lied, backing away from the scaly beast.

message 31: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Oh, well why don't I invite them to dinner then?" The snake said as it slowly it made the circle get smaller. Damon got out the dagger that he had on him. The thought of simply leaving Gloom and running crossed him mind. He was made out of mud, what was the worst that could happen to him. Damon shook his head. But Gloom had helped him and if Damon could save him now then they would be even.

Damon quietly hopped from branch to branch. Making his way closer and closer to the serpent. When he felt he was close enough he gave one hard push with his wings and landed on the snakes head. He quickly gave a few jabs into the right eye of the monster.

The snake hissed and yelled. It shook its head, trying to fling Damon off. But Damon used his wings for balance and started to stab the other eye. Again the snake roared, only this time it started to move backward and Damon realized to late what it was trying to do. It threw it's head backwards and smashed Damon between it and the tree. Damon felt the air leave him and he slid down the trunk.

The snake was blind now, but it was only a small advantage. "You may have taken my eyes but I can still hear and smell you!" It yelled in rage.

message 32: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom cried out in dismay as Damon slid down the trunk of the tree. "Damon!" he yelled. The fallen angel didn't seem to be moving. Gloom felt the fear settle in. How could he possibly fight this beast alone?

Terrified, he looked around, frantically searching for something, anything to help him.

message 33: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Damon heard his name as he slowly caught his breath. It was Gloom and he looked to be in trouble. The snake was listening intently and Damon made big arm gestures to tell him to run. He didn't think that he could really pick up Gloom and fly away, since Gloom was made of mud, but if he could distract the snake long enough that he could get away then maybe they could both make it out.

Damon jumped off the ground and took to the air. "Hey you stupid worm!" Damon yelled as he landed on a branch. The snake turned his way and quickly started to head into the tree, leaving Gloom alone. Damon continued to get higher into the tree. The snake was fast and Damon could barely stay ahead. If he could just get to the top and into the open sky then he should be okay.

message 34: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom saw Damon waving his arms, gesturing for him to run, so he scrambled to his feet and ran. He glanced back at Damon worriedly and saw that he was leading the snake up the tree. It was a good idea, because snakes couldn't fly (that he knew of), so the fallen angel could escape easily as soon as he got into the air. But it was catching up fast. Gloom had to do something.

He scanned his surroundings and spotted a large stick not too far away. Hurriedly, he grabbed it, then ran up to the tail of the giant monster and lodged the piece of wood into its skin.

message 35: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Damon heard the snake hiss and roar behind him. He turned and looked down the tree to see Gloom, stabbing the serpent with a sharp stick. "What are you doing?! Run! I've got this!" Damon called. Gloom was not getting on his good side. He was almost to the top of the tree but now the snake was turning and going toward Gloom.

He jumped off the tree, tucked his shoulder, dove straight into the side of the snakes head. The snake hit the tree hard and Damon had to quickly right himself before he hit it as well. "GO!" He yelled again. He had to distract the snake now, but he couldn't just keep hitting it. It would tire him out to quickly.

He had to do it. He had to use some of his power to keep this snake at bay. He didn't like using his power in front of others because then they could get an upper hand, but he didn't think Gloom would really stand a chance anyway if they went head to head.

He took a deep breath and focused. He may not have heavenly powers anymore, but being a fallen angel meant you are bound to earth and Damon had practiced for centuries on controlling the earthly elements. He made some movements with his hands and the earth moved up, encasing part of the snake. It whipped back and forth trying to break free, but Damon held the rock together.

message 36: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom gasped. He looked up at the earth cage thing that Damon had used to trap the snake in awe. He hadn't known that the fallen angel was so powerful. And then, coming to his senses, he remembered that Damon told him to run, and he didn't need to think twice. It was time to stop playing the hero, so he started to run as far away as he could.

message 37: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Damon was struggling to keep the earth around the snake together. He glanced back and saw that Gloom was finally running away. Now Damon just had to immobilize the snake long enough for both of them to get far away. He took another deep breath and made a circular motion with one of his hands toward the ground below the snake. The earth swirled and fell away, leaving a giant hole in the ground.

With all of his strength he pushed the earth around the snake and sent it down into the deep hole. He heard it hit the ground at the bottom with a loud thud. The snake would probably figure out a way to get out eventually, but hopefully that would buy enough time for him to get far away.

Damon turned and started flying in the direction that Gloom had run. It didn't take him long catch up, and when he slowed down and flew next to him. "I bought us some time. Not sure how much, but don't stop running." He said.

message 38: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) "Okay," Gloom said, continuing to run as fast as he could. "That was cool," he said in between breaths. "What you did... back there."

message 39: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Thanks." Damon said. He started to slow when he figured they were far enough away. He landed and looked back. No sign of any giant snake. He pulled the flower out of his pocket and smiled. It had gotten a little squished but it would do. "Well thanks for helping me find this." He said as he turned back toward Gloom. The swamp mud and water was starting to soak him to the bone.

message 40: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) "You're welcome," Gloom replied, slowing to a stop. "So," he spluttered, trying to regain his breath. "May I ask...why you wanted...this flower so much?"

message 41: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Damon smiled. "It is for a drink. I heard that mixing it in a special drink will give a person crazy hallucinations. I wanted to see just how crazy they are. I have tried a lot of different drinks in my time but I have not tried this one yet." He put the flower back into his pocket.

message 42: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) "Oh," Gloom said, unsure as to why someone would want to give themselves crazy hallucinations. "That doesn't sound very safe."

message 43: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Oh it isn't for any normal person. But I've built up a pretty good resistance over the years so it takes a strong dose of anything to get me good. And it is really fun." He smiled.

"Well I'm headed off then. I just need to find a few more ingredients in a couple of other places so I can make the drink. Do you know the direction of Vanar?" He asked.

message 44: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom had to admit that he was slightly sad to see Damon leave, but at least now he could get back to doing safer activities, unlike fighting a giant snake.

"Um...I think it's over that way," he said, pointing past a fallen over log. "Goodbye then, have fun with your crazy hallucinations!"

message 45: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Damon looked the direction Gloom had pointed and then back at him. "You're going to stay here? In this swamp? Don't you want to get out of here? Have you ever been to Vanar?" Damon couldn't imagine why anyone would want to stay here alone. He admitted that he wasn't really fond of people either, but living alone in this swamp wasn't appealing either.

message 46: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom stopped. He had never really thought of leaving the swamp before. "Uh, no. I've never been to Vanar," he said. "Is it nice?"

message 47: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "I wouldn't know. I've never been there either. But I've heard that it can get pretty crazy at night." Damon smiled and tried to imagine how much fun it could be. "Well I'm going. You can follow, as long as you promise not to ramble." He said as he turned. He had traveled with ramblers before and they were by far the worst.

message 48: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom thought for a moment, then hurried to catch up with Damon. "Crazy at night you say?" He asked curiously as they walked away.

message 49: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Oh yeah. Night is when everyone comes out to have a good time. It is probably pretty lively there." He wished he could fly and get there twice as fast, but he didn't think he could carry Gloom, and he wasn't just going to leave him behind. "Are you going to be okay? You know with no mud or swamp around?" Damon gestured toward Gloom's feet which were almost fused with the mud.

message 50: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Gloom looked down at his feet and thought about it. "Erm... I should be OK," he replied. "So long as I don't spend too much time in the sun." He smiled. Then, another thought occurred to him.

"Wait," he said. "How...will everyone react when I show up? I mean, I can't exactly pass for human."

« previous 1