Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Non-Professional Beta Reader

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cammie (last edited Nov 30, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments Edited:
I love to read fiction.
Romance is the genre that I reach for most often, light or dark, with any gender configuration. I enjoy Fantasy but not so much Sci-Fi. Paranormal rocks, but I shy away from the bloodsuckers unless they’re super hot. I enjoy the emotional rollercoasters as well as erotic romps.

I read relatively fast and thoroughly enjoy getting in on the beginning chapters of new works, so bring on your WIP, just promise you’ll let me know when you’ve published your masterpiece.

As stated, I am not a professional beta reader, but I will provide honest, overall feedback on plot, pacing, characters, dialogue, and POV. I won’t do any research, but if I spot something that isn’t quite right, I will point it out. I’ll point out spelling and some glaringly, obvious grammar errors, but I’m not a copy-editor. Let me know before hand if you are under time constraints, so that we can work out a time table.

If you seek the opinion of an average reader, let me know. You can reply here, PM or email me.

cammie.adams.tomes@gmail.com

Please include the word count and a very short synopsis (not a blurb).

P.S. I prefer Word.doc or PDF formats.
--
Cammie

message 2: by Emma (last edited Jul 22, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Emma Jaye | 145 comments I have an M/M gritty romance set in Britain. It involves a homeless young man searching for his roots but very cagey about his past. There are suspicions that he's working as a rent boy and is on drugs when he's found by his half brother who runs a haulage firm.
He's left in the care of his brother's best friend, a wounded veteran who doesn't stand for his bullshit. Chris is kidnapped to force his brother to allow his lorries to carry illegal immigrants across the English channel.
100,000 words.
Contains drug abuse and non-consent adult scenes.

message 3: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments Emma wrote: "I have an M/M gritty romance set in Britain. It involves a homeless young man searching for his roots but very cagey about his past. There are suspicions that he's working as a rent boy and is on d..."

Hi Emma,
Send that bad boy on over. What kind of time frame are we aiming for?

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Jaye | 145 comments At least a month. Sending it over now.
If anyone else wants a read, feel free to ask.

message 5: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments Emma wrote: "At least a month. Sending it over now.
If anyone else wants a read, feel free to ask."

Wonderful. I look forward to getting started, Emma.

Salima Bensalah | 52 comments Hi Cammie, I hope you are well.

Thank you for offering your services. If you are still available, I'd really appreciate if it you could take a look at my story, A Crimson Tide - a YA dark fantasy fairy tale retelling with romantic elements. Please PM me if you are interested. The description is below:

Anna White is certain that the murders in the village are down to more than just wild animal attacks. Suspicious of the village elites, Anna uses the attention of the Mayor's son, Caleb, to her advantage. When Anna uncovers a deep secret about the creature on the outskirts of the village, she cannot trust anyone. She must protect her father and the rest of her village, while battling the seduction of the dark forest.

Thank you for your consideration!

message 7: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments Hi Salima. I am interested but I have a few questions first.
Is this a first draft?
How dark is it?
Has it been edited for typos?
How many words?

Please email the answers to
cammie.adams.tomes@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you soon.

Salima Bensalah | 52 comments Cammie wrote: "Hi Salima. I am interested but I have a few questions first.
Is this a first draft?
How dark is it?
Has it been edited for typos?
How many words?

Please email the answers to
cammie.adams.tomes@g..."

HI Cammie, thank you for getting back to me. I'll email you right away :)

message 9: by Baylor (new)

Baylor Blackwell | 2 comments Hello, Cammie. I've been looking for a beta for my post-apocalypse romance adventure story and was wondering if you had the time?

Tiah was born and grew up in a town that was set up to shelter people from a coming disaster, and one day soldiers from the old world show up and take all of the adults away. After an attack, only Tiah and a girl she barely knows named Sarah are left and they set off on a brutal journey across the country to track down their parents.

I've gone through it twice myself and made heavy edits, and a couple of my friends have already looked at it, but I'm open to all suggestions. It's 80,000 words long and isn't always happy.

message 10: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments Hi Baylor,
Your book sounds interesting. I am committed to other authors through June. If you are still looking for a reader in July, please send me another message and we'll talk again.
--
Cammie

message 11: by Baylor (new)

Baylor Blackwell | 2 comments Alright, I'll get back to you with something! I may have something else whipped up by then. Thanks for the response!

message 12: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 140 comments Hi Cammie!

I would love some feedback on my novel. I know you enjoy romance primarily, but I was wondering if you would be open to reading a historical fiction novel. It includes a romantic subplot I am hoping to improve.

It's set during World War two, told from the point of view of a Polish pilot who leaves Poland for England to fight with the Royal Air Force.

Let me know if you would like to give me your opinion.
-Anna

message 13: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments ChessPawn wrote: "Hi Cammie!

I would love some feedback on my novel. I know you enjoy romance primarily, but I was wondering if you would be open to reading a historical fiction novel. It includes a romantic subplo..."

I must be honest with you, Anna, historical is not really something I feel comfortable beta reading. I wish you all the best with your novel.

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Brandon | 7 comments Hi, I have a time travel romance novel 41k. It's about a modern day Elizabeth Bennett who is transported back to Pride and Prejudice. It doesn't focus on the history part, more of the romance. Would you be interested?

Thanks!

message 15: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments Kristen wrote: "Hi, I have a time travel romance novel 41k. It's about a modern day Elizabeth Bennett who is transported back to Pride and Prejudice. It doesn't focus on the history part, more of the romance. Woul..."

Hi Kristen, I feel I wouldn't do your book any favors simply because of my lack of enthusiasm for historical books. I've never been able to make it through Pride and Prejudice, even back in school. I hope you find someone suitable.

message 16: by B (new)

B P Baggett (bpbaggett) | 107 comments Hello,

My name is Ben Baggett, I am the Author of four fantasy books, the legends of Aeolyne, heroes of Aeolyne v. 1&2 and Mynabarda. I am a sole creator of my fantasy universe and I love it. I am open to chats and questions about my books.

My books on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...

My Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/veldorian.mode...

My Goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

YouTube channel

https://youtu.be/fqPggLhUxX4