The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

And Then There Were None
This topic is about And Then There Were None
ARCHIVE - BOTM discussions > And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie - August 2016

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 5244 comments Our Themed BOTM for August is And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. Please discuss here and remember to use spoiler tags as needed, as everyone may start at different times and reads at different speeds.

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

First, there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal - and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one they fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion.

Snow read this book 2 years ago, should be read book from Agatha Christie's collection. A page turner, loved it. Hope to read many more like this. Enjoy who are yet to read :)

MaWhit  (mawhit) I've got it on hold from the library with only one person ahead of me in line. Hopefully I'll get it in time!

Tameeka I read this book so many years ago. I can't wait to join and read it again!

Emma-Jane Goode | 12 comments Have powered through this book and I really enjoyed it. It kept me guessing until the end. I had ideas of whodunnit but couldn't figure out the logistics of it! Thoroughly liked it! Only one criticism though - which is the death of one particular person wouldn't quite have worked and would have exposed the murderer but I'll take that with a pinch of salt!

MaWhit  (mawhit) Once I got into it, it went quickly. This was my first Agatha Christie book, and it's easy to see why her books are so popular. Fun read! (Terrible original title, though.)

MaWhit  (mawhit) Emma-Jane wrote: " Only one criticism though - which is the death of one particular person wouldn't quite have worked and would have exposed the murderer"

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

I suspected the murderer, but mainly because I didn't like the character, so I can't take any credit for intelligence there. lol I am pleased, though, that I figured out relatively early on that (view spoiler)

mollusskka | 25 comments This is a great book!

Silvia Turcios | 395 comments This was a really great book! I was completely deceived until the end. Luckily there was an epilogue or otherwise I would still be wondering who the murderer was :D

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 1571 comments it's Clue in a book!

Brodie | 23 comments I absolutely love this book. I read it long ago. There's a BBC mini series that aired recently too. It was very on point with the book if you find yourself wanting more after finishing. The acting is great and the scenery is very picturesque.

message 12: by Sandra (last edited Aug 19, 2016 10:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra | 3 comments This is the first Agatha Christie book that I remember reading & I LOVED it!! My best friend in H.S. read her books ALL the time so I know that I probably picked one up before. It kept me guessing until the end & I really liked the way that they explained how the murderer pulled off their plan. A great who dunnit for sure!

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Kaso | 6 comments Read this yonks ago, really enjoying the re-read except they are all terrible people and so as they fall over I am not sad at all.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_stoia) | 23 comments I was forced to read this in middle school for a project and hated it, but then I read it again some time later and felt as if though I could not put it down. Fantastic book. Always love Agatha Christie!

MaWhit  (mawhit) Kim wrote: "...except they are all terrible people and so as they fall over I am not sad at all."

LOL. So true!

message 16: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz | 52 comments i loved this book. have read many of her books and enjoyed all of them. this has a better plot twist than some and as none of the characters are remotely likeable i have no problem with the plot.

message 17: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Gaskins | 3 comments I didn't think I was going to like this at first, but I really did. I would suspect one person, then another. It kept me guessing. I was most appalled by Vera's crime.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

And Then There Were None (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Agatha Christie (other topics)