World, Writing, Wealth discussion

All Things Writing & Publishing > Weekend Plans - 22 July 2016?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (last edited Jul 22, 2016 09:34AM) (new)

Alex (asato) Hi Everyone,

(This is my favorite and most productive group.)

Yay! The weekend's here! Well, not quite in the US, but for Europe and Israel, for all practical purposes, it is!

What are your plans?

Since my daughter has a slumber party on Saturday, now I have some time this weekend to write the actual scenes of my fantasy short, The Daitengu's Sword (after having fleshing out the outline and working through world-building last weekend).

I'm also planning on starting a spreadsheet of promo resources (places to run ads, bloggers, potential bloggers, and so forth) and manually compiling some stats on pricing in specific sub-genres.

I also have a crazy idea--considering I haven't even published anything yet--to start on a "Getting Started in Self-Publishing and Self-Marketing" guide, but it seems like there's a lot of stuff out there already but one thing that I've noticed is that they don't focus on real data. So, I think that I'd focus on a data-driven approach (for example, using Hugh Howey's authorearnings.com data as a starting point).

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments 1. Yeah, this is totally my favorite group too!
2. I am going flea marketing Saturday and doing some birthday baking Sunday for my little sister.
3. https://gracerisata.wordpress.com/201...
4. I saw that The Daitengu's Sword was underlined so I thought it was a link. I got excited for nothing. Alex is the bringer of false dreams.

message 3: by Denise (last edited Jul 22, 2016 09:49AM) (new)

Denise Baer | 593 comments YAY! I like this group too!

My plans:

1) Watch a movie with my husband
2) Go on a few short bike rides
3) Critique the next chapter someone's novella
4) Continue writing my 2nd book, Shadow of Perdition
5) Get vacation list together
6) Read

Please refer to above regarding what probably will happen.

Alex G wrote: "Hi Everyone,

(This is my favorite and most productive group.)

Yay! The weekend's here! Well, not quite in the US, but for Europe and Israel, for all practical purposes, it is!

What are your plan..."

Sounds like you're going to be busy with a lot of writerly things. Good for you!

Tara wrote: "1. Yeah, this is totally my favorite group too!
2. I am going flea marketing Saturday and doing some birthday baking Sunday for my little sister.
3. https://gracerisata.wordpress.com/201......"

Hope you get some great finds at the flea market. Very sweet that you're baking your little sister's birthday cake. Happy Birthday to Tara's little sister! Hope all her birthday wishes come true.

message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15671 comments Really glad to hear that you enjoy the group!
Good luck with writing, Alex, wherever you decide to put your efforts. Data-driven approach sounds good, although for publishing a guide like this, inevitably there will be a credibility question about your own publishing history and that's where the Sword and other projects may come handy -:)
I've just returned from a short vacation and will probably be catching up on the threads I've missed in the meantime -:)
Enjoyable weekend to all!

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Tara wrote: "3. https://gracerisata.wordpress.com/201......"

nice breakdown of promo activity. boy, there are so many sites out there. with Christina's (in SIA) and this one, i'm up to 16 already.

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments You guys are borderline awesome!
*curtseys to Denise*