YA LGBT Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Old story Challenge nominations > Aug 2016 Creative Writing prompt - Poll posted

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments We're looking for your favorite images to inspire our creative writing efforts for the month of August. (And still looking for stories and poems for our July fantasy violinist :)

You may post up to three pictures per member. Nominations will close when we have 12 choices, or July 30th at midnight.

You may nominate any YA-appropriate image that sparks your imagination and lends itself to an LGBTQIAP story. That could be your favorite romantic pair, but there does not have to be a couple in it - some of our best stories have come from images of objects or locations - a coffee cup with a note, an old house.... Pictures that did not win in the past can be re-nominated. Please no .gifs. If you need to know how to post a picture on the thread, PM me.

You can check the "Boyfriends" and "Girlfriends" and "Gender-bending" and Pride pictures in our "Photos" folder for inspiration too - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Share a picture or two that you'd like to see inspire next month's new and wonderful poems, flash fiction and stories.

message 5: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments Nice ones Sammy!

message 6: by Carrie-Anne (new)

Carrie-Anne | 101 comments Ah I was thinking of posting a picture from Boys (one of my favourite films!) but Sammy beast me to it! I might post another anyway!

message 7: by Carrie-Anne (new)

Carrie-Anne | 101 comments I have no idea I'd this will work

message 8: by Franklin (new)

Franklin (holidayham) | 13 comments

message 9: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Carrie-Anne wrote: " I have no idea I'd this will work"

It did!! And it's great!

message 10: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Franklin wrote: ""

Very cool perspective.

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16767 comments

message 12: by Kaje (new)

message 13: by Kaje (new)

message 14: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kaje wrote: ""

So pretty!

message 15: by Riina (new)

message 16: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Riina wrote: "

"

So moody in such a good way!

message 17: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Ok gang, according to my clock on the east coast of the US it is officially 12:01 AM. LOL. I'll have a poll posted tomorrow for all of our pictures. So if you're still awake and you happen to slip one or two more in here I'll just wink and look the other way. LOL

message 18: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments AND the voting shall commence---NOW!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 19: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Last day to vote is tomorrow--please vote!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.