YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived BOM Nominations > Aug 2016 Book of the Month - Gay MC - Poll UP thorugh Aug 4

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:01AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16761 comments The group decided to try going back to having Book of the Month readings and discussions. The vote indicated that we should try two BotM selections, one with gay cis-male main characters, and one with any other aspect of LBTQ Young Adult life.

In this thread please nominate books with gay, cis-male main character(s) that are suitable for an under-18 audience and not a previous selection.

Check our past Book of the Month shelf for books we have already read and discussed : https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

We will close nominations when there are 8 books nominated or Midnight July 30th.

Nominations are now closed - poll is up HERE

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

Vote through midnight Aug 4th.

message 2: by Michael (last edited Jul 22, 2016 12:47PM) (new)

message 3: by Kaje (last edited Jul 23, 2016 10:00PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16761 comments Michael wrote: "The Biggest Scoop by Gillian St. Kevern
(Free from the M/M Romance DRitC event or Smashwords)"

Is that one OK for YA readers? I beta read her recent paranormal and it was definitely erotic, but I haven't read this one.

ETA: checked with Gillian and this is YA - and a nice thing is it is a free read :)

message 4: by Mel (last edited Jul 23, 2016 04:43AM) (new)

message 5: by Jennifer (last edited Jul 23, 2016 05:26AM) (new)

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Oliveira (justmypipedream) | 65 comments Know Not Why by Hannah Johnson, cute and hilarious (:

message 8: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16761 comments Jennifer wrote: "Know Not Why by Hannah Johnson, cute and hilarious (:"

That one is hysterical - the characters are slightly older (just out of school) but there is no on-page sex so it works for this group.

message 9: by CR (new)

CR Daylex (carryingabyss) | 16 comments I'd like to nominate Fjord Blue by Nina Rossing

message 10: by Rez (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) | 596 comments I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson I'll Give You the Sun
This one was accidentally nominated in the LBT+ thread, and I liked it, so I'll nominate it here in place of Geneva.

And if this doesn't get the BotM, I'll make a buddy-reads for it, (aiming for a read-by-date around the third week of August or later)

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16761 comments Thanks Rez - I bought it, and never actually read it... I'll join a buddy read if it ends up there.

message 12: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16761 comments CR wrote: "I'd like to nominate Fjord Blue by Nina Rossing"

Cool. I read another of hers - liked the setting and atmosphere a lot.

message 13: by Kaje (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:00AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16761 comments Nominations are now closed - poll is up HERE

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

Vote through midnight Aug 4th.