Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Olympic Challenge->Planning/Chatting

Comments Showing 1-50 of 806 (806 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Jul 26, 2016 03:11PM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Please use this thread to plan for August's Olympic Challenge and to chat with other participants.

Here are the rules/categories for easy access.
Rules
*Books must be read and reviewed between August 1st and 31st.
*Books must be at least 100 pages to count.
*Graphic novels/manga/poetry will not count for this challenge.
*Categories may only be completed once.

*One point for every book read and reviewed (or with five status updates) that fits a category.
*One point for buddy reads that take place within our group (must have five comments on the buddy thread to count)
*Five points for every 1000 pages read
*Five points for completing all categories under a certain event type (Example: if you complete all ten categories associated with Track and Field you will receive five points)
*Two points for reading and participating in the buddy read for the Book of the Month

Challenge Categories
Track and Field
5000 m Race
A. Read a book over 500 pages long.
B. Read a book that involves a journey/road trip.
10000 m Race
A. Read a book with a "1" or a "0" in the cover/title. (Numerical spellings may be used.)
B. Read a book from a series with more than four books.
100 m Race (also 200 and 300)
A. Join in a reading sprint of either 10, 20, or 30 minutes. (sprints must take place within our group)
B. Read a book between 100 and 300 pages.
Hurdle
A. Read a book where the main character plays a sport.
B. Read a book in which the character overcomes a "hurdle" in their path.
High Jump
A. Read a book about overcoming adversity.
B. Read a book about the Olympics.

Swimming
Freestyle
A. Read a book of your choice.
B. Read a book with water on the cover.
Backstroke
A. Read a contemporary novel.
B. Read a book published in a summer Olympic year. (That is, 2016, 2012, 2000, 1996, etc.)
Butterfly
A. Read a book with butterflies on the cover.
B. Read a book that revolves around swimming.
Medley
A. Read a fantasy novel.
B. Read a book with a buddy.
Freestyle relay (also a medley relay)
A. Read a book by an Indie author.
B. Read a book set in Brazil.

Equestrian
A. Read a trilogy
B. Read a book about horses
C. Read a book with fewer than 100 ratings on goodreads
Dressage
A. Read a book that was translated to your language
B. Read a book that has been described as lyrical
C. Read a historical fiction novel
Cross Country
A. Read a book that involves an obstacle course/scavenger hunt/road trip/maze
C. Read a book that involves military
Jumping
A. Read a book that involves time travel
C. Read a book with a clock/watch on the cover

Gymnastics
Floor Exercise
A. Read a book about a dancer
B. Read a book about a gymnast
Vault
A. Read a book with over 100,000 ratings on goodreads
B. Read a book that has won a goodreads choice award
Balance Beam
A. Read a book that makes you lose your balance (outside your comfort zone/something new)
B. Read a book that was recommended to you by someone you just met
Parallel Bars
A. Read a book that has been compared to one of your favorites
B. A book that involves parallel universes
Uneven Bars
A. Read a coming of age story
B. Read a book with a girl on the cover

message 2: by C.P. (last edited Aug 31, 2016 06:20AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Not sure how many books I'll get read, as I will be finishing up some stuff for my book, but I do plan to read a few so here are some I have planned.

Challenge Categories
Track and Field
5000 m Race
A. Read a book over 500 pages long. The Path of Daggers (Wheel of Time, #8) by Robert Jordan
10000 m Race
A. Read a book with a "1" or a "0" in the cover/title. (Numerical spellings may be used.)
B. Read a book from a series with more than four books.
A. Join in a reading sprint of either 10, 20, or 30 minutes.
Hurdle
B. Read a book in which the character overcomes a "hurdle" in their path. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
High Jump

Swimming
Freestyle
B. Read a book with water on the cover: The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
Backstroke
B. Read a book published in a summer Olympic year. (That is, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, etc.): The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Butterfly
Medley
A. Read a fantasy novel. The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani
B. Read a book with a buddy: Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine

Equestrian
A. Read a trilogy
B. Read a book about horses The Perfect Horse The Daring American Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts
C. Read a book with fewer than 100 ratings on goodreads: Ivy's Blossom (Legend of the White Sword Book 3) by P.D. Kalnay
Dressage
A. Read a book that was translated to your language: Fever at Dawn by Péter Gárdos (maybe)
Cross Country
Jumping
A. Read a book that involves time travel: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling

Gymnastics
Floor Exercise
Vault
B. Read a book that has won a goodreads choice award Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown
Balance Beam
A. Read a book that makes you lose your balance (outside your comfort zone/something new): This Le Jardin Secret by Frances Hodgson Burnett edition of The Secret Garden (french) (maybe)
Parallel Bars
B. A book that involves parallel universes
Uneven Bars
B. Read a book with a girl on the cover Serafina and the Black Cloak (Serafina, #1) by Robert Beatty

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 102 comments Track and field

5000 m race
Read a book over 500 pages long:
Read a book that involves a journey/road trip:
1000 m race
Read a book with a "1" or a "0" on cover/title. (Can be numerical spelling):
Read a book in a series with more than four books: Reign (The Henchmen MC, #1) by Jessica Gadziala
100 m race (also 200 & 300)
Join in reading sprint 10, 20, or 30 minutes:
Read a book with pages between 100-300: Edge of Disaster (Edge, #1) by A.M. Hargrove
hurdle
Read a book where the MC plays a sport: Push the Envelope (Blythe College, #1) by Rochelle Paige
Read a book which the MC over comes a "Hurdle" in their path: Grace Alive by Natasha House
high jump
Read a book over coming adversity:
Read a book about the Olympics:
Swimming

Freestyle
Read a book your choice
Read a book with water on the cover: Meant to Be (The Saving Angels, #1) by Tiffany King
backstroke
Read a contemporary novel: The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
Read a book publish in a year of the summer Olympics
butterfly
Read a book with butterflies on the cover: Dark Secrets (Dark Secrets, #1) by A.M. Hudson
Read a book that revolves around swimming
medley
Read a fantasy novel
Read a book with a buddy
freestyle race
Read a book by an Indie author
Read a book set in Brazil
Equestrian

A.Read a trilogy

B.Read a book about horses

C. Read a book with fewer than 100 ratings on Goodreads

Dressage
Read a book translated into your language
Read a book that has been described as lyrical
Read a historical fiction novel: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Cross Country
Read a book that involves a obstacle course/ scavenger hunt/ road trip/maze
Read a book that involves the military
Jumping
Read a book that involves time travel
Read a book with a clock/ watch on the cover: Fateful (Book #1 in the Fateful Series) The Fateful Vampire Series by Cheri Schmidt
Gymnastics

Floor exercise
Read a book about a dancer
Read a book about a gymnast
Vault
Read a book with over 100,000 ratings
Read a book that won a goodreads choice award
Balance beam
Read a book that makes you lose your balance (Uncomfortable/something new): Tangled Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #1) by Abby Weeks
Read a book that was recommended by someone you just met
Parallel bars
Read a book that is compared to your favorite book
Read a book with parallel universes
Uneven bars
Read a coming of age: The Perfect Cast (Love's Enduring Promise #1) by T.K. Chapin
Read a book with a girl on cover.: The Game Changer (The Game Changer, #1) by L.M. Trio

message 4: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Very nice, Jamie. That's quite a few you've already found.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 102 comments C P wrote: "Very nice, Jamie. That's quite a few you've already found."

I've been meaning to clean out my kindle and bookshelf. Most of these are on my kindle for over a year due to them being freebies and I just never got around to read them so this will help me finally read them.

This is a start. If I read all of them I'll assign more to the list but so far how the summer is going I don't think I will read all of them.

message 6: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Well good luck! I hope you're at least able to get some of them cleared out. :)

message 7: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jul 29, 2016 05:38PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Books Read:

Books To Read:

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Sea Glass (Glass, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Spy Glass (Glass, #3) by Maria V. Snyder Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Conversion by Katherine Howe The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1) by Melissa Grey vN (The Machine Dynasty, #1) by Madeline Ashby The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2) by Josephine Angelini Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1) by Tarun Shanker The Martian by Andy Weir

Track and Field

5000 m Race
A. Read a book over 500 pages long. Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto Room by Emma Donoghue
B. Read a book that involves a journey/road trip. After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton

10000 m Race
A. Read a book with a "1" or a "0" in the cover/title. (Numerical spellings may be used.) Proxy (Proxy, #1) by Alex London One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
B. Read a book from a series with more than four books. Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton

A. Join in a reading sprint of either 10, 20, or 30 minutes. Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2) by Jenna Black The Devil Inside (Morgan Kingsley #1) by Jenna Black
B. Read a book between 100 and 300 pages. Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Hurdle
A. Read a book where the main character plays a sport. Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton
B. Read a book in which the character overcomes a "hurdle" in their path. The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #18) by Laurell K. Hamilton

High Jump
A. Read a book about overcoming adversity. Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine
B. Read a book about the Olympics. Empress of the Seven Hills (The Empress of Rome, #3) by Kate Quinn Lady of the Eternal City (The Empress of Rome, #4) by Kate Quinn

Swimming

Freestyle
A. Read a book of your choice. Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty
B. Read a book with water on the cover. Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters, #1) by Juliet Marillier

Backstroke
A. Read a contemporary novel. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
B. Read a book published in a summer Olympic year. (That is, 2016, 2012, 2000, 1996, etc.) The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh

Butterfly
A. Read a book with butterflies on the cover. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
B. Read a book that revolves around swimming. Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks

Medley
A. Read a fantasy novel. The Will of the Empress (Circle Reforged, #1) by Tamora Pierce
B. Read a book with a buddy. This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab

A. Read a book by an Indie author. Trickster's Queen (Daughter of the Lioness, #2) by Tamora Pierce
B. Read a book set in Brazil. Origin (Corpus, #1) by Jessica Khoury

Equestrian

A. Read a trilogy Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Sea Glass (Glass, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Spy Glass (Glass, #3) by Maria V. Snyder
C. Read a book with fewer than 100 ratings on goodreads Break Me Like a Promise (Once Upon a Crime Family, #2) by Tiffany Schmidt OR Nobody's Lady (Never Veil #2) by Amy McNulty

Dressage
A. Read a book that was translated to your language The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles
B. Read a book that has been described as lyrical Deerskin by Robin McKinley
C. Read a historical fiction novel These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1) by Tarun Shanker

Cross Country
A. Read a book that involves an obstacle course/scavenger hunt/road trip/maze The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1) by Melissa Grey
B. Read a book that involves military Lady Knight (Protector of the Small, #4) by Tamora Pierce

Jumping
A. Read a book that involves time travel Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2) by Josephine Angelini
B. Read a book with a clock/watch on the cover Illusion (Chronicles of Nick, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Gymnastics

Floor Exercise
A. Read a book about a dancer (Anita Blake Books: Jason and Nathaniel)
B. Read a book about a gymnast Arrows of the Queen (Heralds of Valdemar, #1) by Mercedes Lackey

Vault
A. Read a book with over 100,000 ratings on goodreads The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong
B. Read a book that has won a goodreads choice award Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown

Balance Beam
A. Read a book that makes you lose your balance (outside your comfort zone/something new) Conversion by Katherine Howe
B. Read a book that was recommended to you by someone you just met Trickster's Choice (Daughter of the Lioness, #1) by Tamora Pierce

Parallel Bars
A. Read a book that has been compared to one of your favorites Battle Magic (Circle Reforged, #3) by Tamora Pierce
B. A book that involves parallel universes Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black

Uneven Bars
A. Read a coming of age story Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
B. Read a book with a girl on the cover Melting Stones (Circle Reforged, #2) by Tamora Pierce

message 8: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jul 22, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Courtney quick question. Why does Equestrian categories #1 and #2 have three options and the rest have only two? Also the first category for Equestrian has no name is that on purpose?

Oh and the last two categories for Equestrian are A and C not A and B. :)

message 9: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Thanks for that! I'll fix it later.

Yes, it's on purpose because there are only three equestrian events. And they have different numbers of categories because I was trying to give all event types 10 options each. Hope that helps. :)

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "Thanks for that! I'll fix it later.

Yes, it's on purpose because there are only three equestrian events. And they have different numbers of categories because I was trying to give all event types..."

KK. Thank you. I did notice that Equestrian had less categories so I was just confirming. :)

message 11: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Another quick question. For Track and Field A. Join in a reading sprint of either 10, 20, or 30 minutes. What do we do about the review? Do we just post the link to whatever group/thread we did the reading sprint in and then post the review of the book we did the sprint for?

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I have to discuss that with Jackie. I think what we're going to do is organize a bunch of reading sprints (and members can organize their own together as well) and then just link that thread with the book you've read. I think we'll also let that one count as a point alongside another category(meaning that if you were reading a book for the "about horses" category you could also count it for the reading sprint). That would be the only one allowed to double up.

We'll post something about the reading sprints, but I think this is how we will handle them. Did that answer your question?

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "I have to discuss that with Jackie. I think what we're going to do is organize a bunch of reading sprints (and members can organize their own together as well) and then just link that thread with t..."

Yes. Thank you. :)

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jul 22, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Yet another question. Sorry I'm trying to fill in my books now so I'm finding things I need clarification on. >.<

For Track and Field 10000 m Race A. Read a book with a "1" or a "0" in the cover/title. (Numerical spellings may be used.) Could I count something like this Persephone (Daughters of Zeus, #1) by Kaitlin Bevis since there is the word one in Persephone or does the number have to be by itself?

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Let me ask Jackie about that one.

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Yet another question. For the Read a book from a series with more than four books. Do novellas count? Also can you count series where 4 or more books are planned but are not yet released?

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "Let me ask Jackie about that one."

KK. :)

message 18: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments As long as the novella is 100 pages it can count. And yes.

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jul 22, 2016 02:28PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "As long as the novella is 100 pages it can count. And yes."

Sorry I meant for series such as Red Queen. There are two novellas and 4 books planned for the series. Would I be able to use Steel Scars or Glass Sword for series with more than four books? Or no?

message 20: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yes, those would be fine.

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "Yes, those would be fine."

TY! :)

message 22: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Ok, so for the one with "1" or "0" on title/cover it should be on it's own. Like One For the Money or Ready Player One. Or something like Zeroes.

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "Ok, so for the one with "1" or "0" on title/cover it should be on it's own. Like One For the Money or Ready Player One. Or something like Zeroes."

KK. Thank you. :)

message 24: by Kaylin (last edited Aug 03, 2016 09:02AM) (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Track and Field

5000 m Race

A. Read a book over 500 pages long.

B. Read a book that involves a journey/road trip. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

10000 m Race

A. Read a book with a "1" or a "0" in the cover/title. (Numerical spellings may be used.) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

B. Read a book from a series with more than four books. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare or Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead

B. Read a book between 100 and 300 pages. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Hurdle

High Jump

Swimming

Freestyle

Backstroke

B. Read a book published in a summer Olympic year. (That is, 2016, 2012, 2000, 1996, etc.)

Butterfly

Medley

A. Read a fantasy novel. The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

B. Read a book with a buddy. The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani

Equestrian

A. Read a trilogy
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

The Girl from Venice by Martin Cruz Smith

Dressage

A. Read a book that was translated to your language Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

B. Read a book that has been described as lyrical Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi

C. Read a historical fiction novel Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein

Cross Country

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (maybe? I think there's a scavenger hunt involved after the one friends disappearance.)

C. Read a book that involves military Mare's War by Tanita S. Davis

Jumping

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

Gymnastics

Floor Exercise

Vault

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown

Balance Beam

A. Read a book that makes you lose your balance (outside your comfort zone/something new) Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

B. Read a book that was recommended to you by someone you just met The Passage (The Passage, #1) by Justin Cronin

Parallel Bars

Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard (both this and the first book have been compared to The Hunger Games quite a lot)

B. A book that involves parallel universes A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray

Uneven Bars

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead

message 25: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) For "read a trilogy" do we just need to read 1 book that is in a trilogy, or all three books?

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments All three. That one is probably the hardest one.

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Anyone want to read The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles sometime in August? It counts for set in Brazil. :)

message 28: by Dawnie (new)

Dawnie Bookbuyer wrote: "Anyone want to read The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles sometime in August? It counts for set in Brazil. :)"

I would be up for a re-read of that beautiful book!
I would read it in german instead of english, but i don't think that matters much as long as we don't compare the writing :)
if you want, we could buddy read it together :)

message 29: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Dawnie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Anyone want to read The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles sometime in August? It counts for set in Brazil. :)"

I would be up for a re-read of that beautiful book!
I would read it in..."

YAY! When are you free? I can't do it the first week of August but after that I'm free. :)

message 30: by Dawnie (last edited Aug 22, 2016 06:49PM) (new)

Dawnie Alright let me try and figure this out and see what i plan and then most likely not read ;)

Track and Field
5000 m Race
A. Read a book over 500 pages long
Burning Glass (Burning Glass, #1) by Kathryn Purdie

Mosquitoland by David Arnold

10000 m Race
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline or One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
B. Read a book from a series with more than four books
Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Most likely not going to happen because i can't do those kind son things and actually read or enjoy what i read...
The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood

Hurdle
Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1) by Abbi Glinesv

Same as above...

High Jump
The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I have no plan

Swimming
Freestyle
The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson

Backstroke
The Year of the Rat by Clare Furniss
And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White or The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine or This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab or The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner

Butterfly
A. Read a book with butterflies on the cover
The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

Medley
A. Read a fantasy novel.
Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton
B. Read a book with a buddy.
The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles with Bookbuyer :)

apparently Wool (Silo, #1) (Wool, #1-5) by Hugh Howey is an indie author
no idea...

Equestrian
A. Read a trilogy
The Mara Dyer Trilogy The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer/The Evolution of Mara Dyer/The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1-3) by Michelle Hodkin

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
no idea yet, i hope that i will read a book that will fit

Dressage
A. Read a book that was translated to your language
enough on my shelves that have been translated in german
Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh

Cross Country
Children of Icarus by Caighlan Smith

The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3) by Marie Rutkoski

Jumping
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs (is on the list for time travel anyways...)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Gymnastics
Floor Exercise
Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
Off Balance A Memoir by Dominique Moceanu

Vault
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (which i think is the third time put that on one of my challenges tbr lists so hey maybe the third time is the charm)
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard or maybe re-reading The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Balance Beam
A. Read a book that makes you lose your balance (outside your comfort zone/something new)
The Figure in the Carpet by Henry James (since i never really read short stories or even enjoy them, so i am counting that!)
The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye

Parallel Bars
The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (compared to The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
B. A book that involves parallel universe
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray

Uneven Bars
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston

No idea for the rest yet. I will have to look through my shelves and my netgalley list to see if any fit in the next few days. And if i don't have any of those i just see what i feel like reading and what might fit. :)

message 31: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yes, Every Last Word would fit for that category. It's a good one too. :)

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Dawnie? When are you free?

message 33: by Dawnie (new)

Dawnie Bookbuyer wrote: "Dawnie? When are you free?"

As soon as you want to start i can get started as well once August starts :)

message 34: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Dawnie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Dawnie? When are you free?"

As soon as you want to start i can get started as well once August starts :)"

I can do the 8th. I have another buddy read for the first week of August. :)

message 35: by Dawnie (new)

Dawnie Bookbuyer wrote: "
I can do the 8th. I have another buddy read for the firs..."

Then lets do that :)

message 36: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Dawnie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "
I can do the 8th. I have another buddy read for the firs..."

Then lets do that :)"

KK. Courtney can you set up the BR thread for us please and thank you.? :)

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yep. I'll get one set and link it here once I do. :)

message 38: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "Yep. I'll get one set and link it here once I do. :)"

TY! :D

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Anyone want to BR any of the books on this shelf?

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 40: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Can books that are 'tagged' as something count even if it has nothing to do with the 'possible' plot and has only one person who 'tagged' it?

message 41: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Are you refering to a specific book?

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Bookbuyer and Dawnie, here is your thread for The Seamstress: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "Bookbuyer and Dawnie, here is your thread for The Seamstress: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

TY! :)

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "Are you refering to a specific book?"

Yes. This one Arrows of the Queen (Heralds of Valdemar, #1) by Mercedes Lackey It's 'tagged' as gymnastics once in this list. https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

message 45: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I'm going to say no, unfortunately. Obviously some books may have an aspect that you don't know about until reading, but I don't think one tag is enough to tell whether this fits that particular category. I'm sure it would fit another category though.

message 46: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "I'm going to say no, unfortunately. Obviously some books may have an aspect that you don't know about until reading, but I don't think one tag is enough to tell whether this fits that particular ca..."

KK. :(

message 47: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments You could use it for "read a fantasy" or "a book with a girl on the cover" and if after reading you think it would fit the original category you asked about we can look at it again based on what you get from reading it.

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments C P wrote: "You could use it for "read a fantasy" or "a book with a girl on the cover" and if after reading you think it would fit the original category you asked about we can look at it again based on what yo..."

I think I will still try to fit it into gymnast if I can. I need a book for that spot. :/

I'm mad that I already read the Study series. Yelena was a gymnast. :(

message 49: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Dominique Moceanu has some books about gymnasts.

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Jackie wrote: "Dominique Moceanu has some books about gymnasts."

TY. I'll give her a try if non of my other books pan out. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17