What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Death and a young woman

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Golda (new)

Golda So I stumbled upon this book in my local library when I was in middle school (2002-2003). I think it was perhaps in the adult section, though it's possible that it should have been in the young adults category considering the story.

A young woman can see Death. I think she helped the midwife/doctor person in her village. She could tell when someone was about to die. One day she meets death. I forgot most of the middle but I think the villagers get sick (possibly the plague) and she makes a deal of sorts with Death. I forgot what the deal was but in the end she goes away with Death. She didn't belong in her village and Death was were she most felt herself. Something like that. I googled and found a book called Ketura and Lord Death with a similar story but I don't think it was that one. Is there another one out there?

message 2: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments Hope you find it! This is the plot of Keturah and Lord Death to a T - every detail matches - the midwifery, seeing Death, plague, deals, going away with him. But it's possible that if it isn't Keturah, it's on this list of Persephone stories (which often enough substitute Death for Hades):

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 3: by Golda (new)

Golda Thank you for the help!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36060 comments Mod
Golda, just to confirm, is Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt your book?

message 5: by Golda (new)

Golda I'm going read the book and see if it is. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Golda left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Keturah and Lord Death (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Martine Leavitt (other topics)