Flights of Fantasy discussion

Fantasy > Looking for books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Santos (pampeem) | 2 comments Hi! I'm looking for great books with witches but with a family vs family or coven vs coven theme. I've read Anne Rice's The Witching Hour, but i'm looking for something lighter. Hope you can help me out. -Pampeem :)

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Please post only ONE thread asking for the same recommendation request. I've deleted the other two.

Thanks.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Santos (pampeem) | 2 comments Okay. Sorry.

Archimedes Grimm | 11 comments While I'm afraid that I can't think of any good books that I've read recently that fit your theme exactly, if you like books with witches and are looking for something lighter, I suggest you take a look at Debora Geary's "A Modern Witch."

Twenty-eight year old Lauren McCready thinks she's just one of downtown Chicago's youngest elite realtors (admittedly, she is one of the best.) That is, until she's whisked into an online chatroom where three strange ladies insist that they are witches - and that she is one too. Suddenly she's being sent a tall dark and handsome stanger to "assess her powers" by people she doesn't even know (and believe me, that doesn't turn out how you might think) and having her whole life turned upside down. And all she wanted was some icecream...

This is not a romance novel - nor is it my typical kind of book - but it has characters in it that you will fall in love with, that you wish you could know in real life. Characters that feel absolutely real and become more real with each book. I really hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as I did.

message 5: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 2023 comments Pampeem wrote: "Hi! I'm looking for great books with witches but with a family vs family or coven vs coven theme. I've read Anne Rice's The Witching Hour, but i'm looking for something lighter. Hope you can help m..."

That sounds like an interesting concept. I hope there are a few recommendations! Sorry I don't have any to offer.

message 6: by Russell (new)

Russell (turnerevil) Doesn't quite fit your bill, but I recently read Witches of Lychford by Paul McAuley, very good and hopefully the beginning of a series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (flying_monkeys) In Beautiful Creatures, which is YA, there's a family of witches and it's family member vs family member. Kind of a good witch vs bad witch setup. Not sure if the rest of the series maintains that in-family battle.