What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy: Teen with Silver Wrist Cuff drains his Magic powers [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iliana (new)

Iliana (iliaelf) | 4 comments I first read this novel about 4 years ago. It was Fantasy and probably written for young adults.

The story starts out with a girl of some degree of royalty out on a hunt with other important people. I think she had visions of some nature and i remember there being darkness. Later in the story, she's in the castle and there's some royal emo-like kid that likes her but she doesnt like him.

The main part I remember is the main character who is a teen boy. He lives in the slums of the city and is the leader of a gang against another gang on the opposite sides of the city. He wears a silver wrist cuff on his arm and it's been there for as long as he can remember. He can't seem to get it off and our first introduction to him is him trying to pay a guy with it if the shop owner can get it off. Some rich mage person comes in and tries to kill the teen but the magic spell he fires at him dissipates.

We later learn that this wrist cuff the teen wears is designed to absorb magic.

I also remember the ending (view spoiler)

I dont remember what happens to the girl, but the teen later has to flee with a friend of his. I think they were going to an army of wizards somewhere.

I can't remember much about the cover except i think it was a depiction of some sort of object since i don't tend to read novels with people on the cover. (I'm more attracted to artifacts)

I've tried searching everything i can think of about a boy with a silver wrist cuff that drains his magic, but i can't find any information. If someone can please help me. It'd help stop this huge migraine I have. Thank you.

message 3: by Iliana (new)

Iliana (iliaelf) | 4 comments Kate wrote: "Sounds like The Demon King!"

Oh my gosh that's it!!! Thank you so much! It's been years!
I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate this. Thank you

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press Reviews) (stargazer401) | 257 comments No problem, glad I could help!