Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Book Pool: August 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 136 (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jul 21, 2016 07:08PM) (new)

Trisha | 31444 comments It's that time again! Let's fill our Book Pool!

A huge THANK YOU to Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) for helping with this challenge this month (and possibly a few more!)

If you've never played, here are the rules:

Directions:

1. When you sign up pick 3 books you want to be included in the "book pool."

2. You can pick any book as long as they are YA and have been released before the challenge has started. Please no duplicates.

3. Once the challenge starts you will read books from the "pool."

4. At the end of the month whoever read the most books from the pool is the champion of that month!

Have fun!

The challenge begins on August 1st.
To claim points, please don't finish your books from the pool until then!

You can sign up and add books until July 31st .
After July 31st, You can join right in by claiming points - just don't add books to the pool!

message 2: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Aug 31, 2016 10:54PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Players:

Number of Books Read: 73!

1. Malaika-
2. Cheryl- 3
3. Pragati- 8
4. Raya- 1
5. Elena.M-
6. Vicki- 2
7. Grace-
8. Susan- 2
9. Allison- 6
10. Alicia- 6
11. Michelle- 5
12. Chelsea-
13. Marybeth- 1
14. Morgan-
15. Katimarie-
16. Katherine- 2
17. Aliyah-
18. Trinity- 2
19. Heather-
20. Cara-
21. Miley- 5
22. Serena- 4
23. Sarah B- 1
24. Robin-
25. Myla-
26. Kelly- 5
27. Emily-
28. kat- 1
29. Lindsay IL- 1
30. Emily- 5
31. Jamieson- 1
32. megan (book slayer)- 3
33. Jenn-
34. Michelle-
35. Nhi (Mbeereads)- 6
36. Danni-
37. Vanessa- 1
38. Zoya-2

message 7: by Raya (last edited Jul 23, 2016 05:46PM) (new)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2193 comments I love this challenge (I am still playing in July's) here is my picks for August
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes

message 12: by Allison (last edited Jul 23, 2016 07:30PM) (new)

message 16: by Marybeth (last edited Jul 24, 2016 08:48AM) (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments I'm in
The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Susan wrote: "I love this challenge (I am still playing in July's) here is my picks for August
Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes"

Hello there! I'm concerned about Me Before You because it is shelved under adult fiction. Could you pick another book that is YA?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Updated! Welcome to the challenge everybody!

message 22: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah Rios | 25 comments The Piano Lesson
Go Ask Alice
Life With Pi

message 24: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2193 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Susan wrote: "I love this challenge (I am still playing in July's) here is my picks for August
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2193 comments Anna, did you see where I had changed the book to Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi ???

message 27: by Cara (new)

message 28: by Miley (new)

message 33: by Kelly (new)

message 34: by Emily (new)

message 35: by Kat (new)

Kat angelic (nerdy-kat-angelic-elf) | 61 comments Im going to do the book pool this time sorry about the last one something unexpected came up
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

message 37: by Emily (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Katherine wrote: "Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2) by Chanda HahnSons of Destiny (The Saga of Darren Shan, #12) by Darren ShanThe Last of the Spirits by Chris Priestley"

Hello! The Last of the Spirits appears to be middle grade, could you choose another book that is YA?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Aliyah wrote: "The Piano Lesson
Go Ask Alice
Life With Pi"

Hello! I'm a little nervous about The Piano Lesson because it isn't shelved under YA, could you choose another book? Also, did you mean Life of Pi? Or is it Life with Pi?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Heather wrote: "Vendetta (Blood for Blood, #1) by Catherine DoyleThe Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1) by Jessica KhouryTear (Seaside, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken"

Hello! I'm a little concerned about Tear because it is shelved under NA before YA. Could you choose another book just to be safe?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Miley wrote: "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. RowlingAnd I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten WhiteThis Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab"

Hello! And I Darken and This Savage Song have already been added to the pool. Could you choose two other books?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Myla wrote: "The Unexpected Everything
Fangirl"

Could you choose one more book for the pool?

message 44: by Katherine (last edited Jul 30, 2016 06:39PM) (new)

Katherine | 126 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2) by Chanda HahnSons of Destiny (The Saga of Darren Shan, #12) by Darren ShanThe Last of the Spirits by Chris Priestley"

Hello! The Last of the Spirits appears to be middle grade, could you c..."

Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries, #1) by Cameron Jace

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Updated! Almost time to start reading books from the pool!

message 46: by Heather (last edited Aug 01, 2016 05:46AM) (new)

Heather | 158 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Heather wrote: "Vendetta (Blood for Blood, #1) by Catherine DoyleThe Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1) by Jessica KhouryTear (Seaside, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken"

Hello! I'm a little concerned about Tear because it is shelved under NA before YA. Co..."

Here's my replacement book. Sorry about the first one. I made sure it was YA but didnt know it needed to be the top genre.
The Cage (The Cage, #1) by Megan Shepherd

message 47: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sternshein (bookdorkjenn) | 449 comments my 3 books

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard

message 48: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2193 comments Hi there, I was looking at the books and saw that The Unexpected Everything is up there 2 times. I didn't know if a different book was supposed to be there by accident.

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 232 comments Umm, I hate to be "that girl" but can I please change one of my books? I'm really sorry. If I can't its ok but if I can that'd be awesome and really appreciated. I would love to take out The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater and put in The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh . I just finished the first book and I need, need, need to read the second one! lol. If its not possible, then just disregard this message. Thanks a mil!

message 50: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I'm soo sorry but I just realized that when I put up City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare someone already picked that book, I will gladly put in a replacement so there are no duplicates. My change is: Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie

« previous 1 3