Bibliophiles Anonymous discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melody (new)

Melody Rousseau | 6 comments Mod
Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group. Let us know about yourself,some of your favorite books or what genres you like, and if you have any reading goals.

message 2: by Melody (new)

Melody Rousseau | 6 comments Mod
Hey Everyone, I'm Melody! I'm really excited that everyone was interested in participating in this book club. I used to read alot as a kid but slowly fell out of it as I got older, and now I really hope this helps me get back into the swing of not only reading but also practicing critical thinking while having fun and thought provoking conversations. I love a little of every genre but science fiction and fantasy are my favorites.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 1 comments Hi, I'm Susan. I love to read. I go thru cycles of reading, and would love to get more reading in. I want to expand my horizons of genre. I think the world is too serious and find that I prefer comedy; so romantic comedy and cozy mysteries are why I tend to read first. I like my kindle for the convenience of having 2000 books with me, but I still love holding a book in my hands and love the smell of a library. Yep I'm the weird one. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

message 4: by Christie (new)

Christie Jones-Bass | 1 comments Hello Folks, My name is Christie and I am an avid book lover but being that I am also so busy most of the time, I mix a lot of audio books into my reading. If I am not reading a book, I am listening to one while doing tasks. I love numerous genres' but have a thing for zombie, post apocalyptic and sci fi. I'm a moody reader so I go through stages of drama, comdey... usually dark comedy, thrillers, mysteries and even "how to" books. I'm the one with the twisted sense of humor and prefer to look for and find humor in most things. Sarcasm is my second language, but used only in a humorous way, mostly (as my husband can attest). More you say? I'm in remission after a long hard battle with a tough cancer for which I have laughed my way through. I have 2 sons (27 &17), 2 grand kids (7 & 5), I operate a goat farm along with chickens & turkeys, raise and can my own foods as much as possible. There is much more but I don't think this was meant to be a total biography so I will stop there and let others have a turn. look forward to chatting with all of you.

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Klotz | 7 comments Hi all! I'm Jenn and I work full time but my best and most important job is being a mom to my 18 mo old son and a wife to my husband of 6 years. I love to read, it has been a lifelong passion of mine, but with my busy life I haven't been able to as much in the past two years (except for a lot of Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb ... Sticks ..... Stones .... & Will You Wear A Blue Hat? Haha. Toddler books ) so I'm looking forward to having a reason to refocus on reading and having some intellectual discussions.

message 6: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Rousseau | 1 comments Hello everyone! I am Tamara (aka as Melody's mom) and I have always wanted to be a member of a book club. Just never seemed to fit with my work, being a mom etc. schedule. This is just too awesome! I love autobiographies, comedy, history, and once in a while a mystery. To be honest I just have found over the years That I tend to pick up a "quick read" magazines/short stories etc., because I feel guilty reading. Sounds stupid I know. Thanks for the invite to this group and I look forward to getting to discuss books!