Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 86k Peter Pan Retelling

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (last edited Jul 22, 2016 09:05AM) (new)

Molly Mulligan I'm looking for beta readers on my recently completed and polished full manuscript.

Wendy is a recent college graduate who has decided to take time off before grad school and seek adventure. While traveling though New Zealand for a volunteer project she gets more than she bargained for when she finds herself mysteriously transported to an alternate universe.
Trapped in the middle of Neverland, the vast sea in an archaic world full of pirates and mermaids, where magic lurks in the shadows and nothing seems quite impossible, Wendy finds herself kidnapped by the crew aboard the Jolly Roger to act as a pawn in a devious plan set out by Captain Hook.
She teams up with Peter, a roguish young sailor with an eye for adventure, to outwit Hook at his own scheme and find the means to return to her friends and family. Faced with countless obstacles in her quest to return home, Wendy doesn't foresee what will become the greatest challenge of all. How will she bring herself to leave Peter behind?

The book contains very little profanity, and no graphic sex or violence.

Please either PM me on goodreads or contact me by my email mkm008@live.com if you think you might be interested in giving me feedback.

message 2: by Pat (new)

Pat | 105 comments Wendy is a recent college graduate. WHO has decided... Trapped sentence is way too long.
"to outwit Hook AT his own scheme.

message 3: by Carlene (new)

Carlene | 3 comments Hi Molly! I am a beta/proofreader interested in your story. Please visit my website at carleneeck.com to learn more about my process and if you would like me to review. I use track changes in Word and include comments, and then I also prepare a document that provides context for my edits. Authors find it helpful in their never-ending quest to become better writers. :)

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly Mulligan Pat wrote: "Wendy is a recent college graduate. WHO has decided... Trapped sentence is way too long.
"to outwit Hook AT his own scheme."

Thank you Pat! Let me know if you would like to take a look at my manuscript :)

message 5: by Pat (new)

Pat | 105 comments I would, but just took a proofing job for two books, so will busy for a while.