Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Confused on book links and how to add to it

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (superphoenix) | 10 comments Hi,

My book Sinister Ties was added to goodreads but essentially lists only amazon as where it is available. I have published my work both through Amazon as well as Smashwords. Plus smashwords also circulates it to other online retailers such as Kobo adn Barnes and Noble, Scribd. Not sure how to list all the links against the book. Would request for some help here.
[p.s. The covers are the same both in Amazon as well as Smashwords]

Shirley

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7008 comments First, all users set their own buttons for booksellers. Second, an ASIN will automatically search to Amazon because that is the only place it is sold. If your Smashwords edition has an ISBN, it will search stores that sell ebooks with ISBNs.

message 3: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (superphoenix) | 10 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "First, all users set their own buttons for booksellers. Second, an ASIN will automatically search to Amazon because that is the only place it is sold. If your Smashwords edition has an ISBN, it wil..."

Hi Elizabeth — so does this mean that two edition should be listed - one as Smashwords and other Amazon edition giving the ISBN and ASIN respectively

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14558 comments Shirley wrote: "so does this mean that two edition should be listed - one as Smashwords and other Amazon edition giving the ISBN and ASIN respectively "

That is right. The edition on GR is the Smashwords edition though: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Amazon Kindle edition added here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (superphoenix) | 10 comments oh! thank you so much