Bloggers, Authors, Readers, and Reviewers Unite discussion

The Writing Life > Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 23 comments So I am interested in publishing my own book. I am on a budget so I decided to make my own book cover. Would it be better to have a hand drawn cover or should you have a professional photo taken?
The book is a NA Fantasy...

Any advice?

message 2: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) Unless you are an artist, get help. There was an artist giving away free book covers on one posts here recently. Also try fivvr. I got a tea nice set of files for $55.

message 3: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 23 comments Morris wrote: "Unless you are an artist, get help. There was an artist giving away free book covers on one posts here recently. Also try fivvr. I got a tea nice set of files for $55."

Thank you, I will look them up.

message 4: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) The artist I used is "skunkie" and I liked her work

message 5: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 23 comments Morris wrote: "The artist I used is "skunkie" and I liked her work"

OK thank you.

message 6: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) YW. She is nice and easy to work with

message 7: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 23 comments Morris wrote: "YW. She is nice and easy to work with"

Is it Fiverr instead of Fivvr?

message 8: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) https://www.fiverr.com/skunkie here is the artist "skunkie" I told you about

message 9: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 23 comments Morris wrote: "https://www.fiverr.com/skunkie here is the artist "skunkie" I told you about"

I appreciate it!

message 10: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) yw

message 11: by Ana (new)

Ana Meyer (anaemeyer) | 28 comments Mod
Tonya wrote: "So I am interested in publishing my own book. I am on a budget so I decided to make my own book cover. Would it be better to have a hand drawn cover or should you have a professional photo taken?
T..."

I'm sorry I didn't get in on this earlier but I use selfpubbookcovers.com and I use "Ravenborn" (the artist name) almost exclusively. She made the Jasmine cover as a custom job. I worked with her on it and it cost me $100 but it was worth it.