Fashion Book Lovers! discussion

Vogue: The Gown
This topic is about Vogue
Side Reads > Vogue the Gown by Jo Ellison

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne I got this book out of the library. I just wanted something with beautiful pictures I would enjoy looking at without much thinking. It is a fun book. It shows comparisons between gowns made in the 1930's and gowns made in more recent years. There is a very glamorous photo of Joan Collins in a gown where I hardly recognized her! The fantasy gown photos are fun. If your library carries this, I think you would enjoy it.

message 2: by Betty (new)

Betty Shubert | 73 comments I once saw Joan Collins IN PERSON..and did not at first, recognize her!,, I was waiting in line at a post office A woman at the head of the line had a full basket of packages to mail: People around me were whispering & pointing...I thought they were all busybodies. Then I saw the woman walk away: Her posture & poise were so special & she walked one foot in front of the other, as on a runway, Suddenly I knew: it was Actress Joan Collins at the peak of her career!... Betty Shubert-Costume Designer/Fashion Historian/Author-illustrator of award winning book OUT-OF-STYLE;A Modern Perspective of HOW,WHY & WHEN Vintage Fashions Evolved ( PS: I just received my 5th award in History from The Hollywood Book Festival )

message 3: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay | 37 comments Darn :( my library doesn't have it and it's very expensive. I'm out on this one

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie  (jaymers8413) | 524 comments Mod
I will check out my library :)

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Sorry if people are not finding this at their library. I would read others like this if you can suggest them. I just like stuff with fashion photos to chill out with.

message 6: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 2 comments Hi all. Thought you might be interested in a discounted and signed edition of The Gown by Jo Ellison, which I came across while browsing online; I bought it from a site called Very Special Editions – the store focuses on limited and unique editions of books.

What’s also nice is that they have an offer gives you 10% off a book if you’re a member of Goodreads and use the code GOODREADS10 – might be useful over the festive period. Free first-class recorded delivery is included.

Here’s the link:
https://www.veryspecialeditions.co.uk...

Hope you’re enjoying the festive season 😊