Love & Social Change discussion

How Love Changes Thngs > Inside you a treasure so don’t let anyone break you down

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments We are all seeking for happiness but sometimes a life become harder. Sometimes we feel as we couldn’t get up and start again. Sometimes we could even lose a confidence on ourselves.

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt or death brushes near”. Louise Erdrich, The Painted Drum

I’m sorry if tears fall from your eyes and you feel sad. Inside you a treasure so don’t let anyone break you down. No one has the power to bring you down, unless you let them.

There is a reason why you are here; there are many people need you, so get up and start again.

Smile, take care of yourself and all what you need is to love and to believe in yourself.

No-one is perfect; while you are improving yourself, you are on the way to the happiness. Step by step, you can achieve all what you need and you want.

You are beautiful no matter what they say. Don’t feel ashamed or sad because others don’t have a beautiful eyes to see your beauty.

You are smarter and intelligent to achieve your dreams. Don’t stop, don’t underestimate you. On the other hand, believe on you and move on.

Happiness is a choice; happiness is a result of hard working, happiness is inside you. All you need is to smile and to move on.

The real happiness is when you give; when you work for others, when you help others; when you wipe tear of painful person….

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sadai | 4 comments This is absolutely beautiful!! Perfection is impossible. Progress is always possible. You can work towards improving yourself, just remember to love yourself in the meantime. True value in this world comes from the positive interactions you share. Bless you Meriem!

message 3: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments Thanks Jenn, your words are beautiful as you : )

message 4: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva Bhatnagar | 12 comments Soothing words by both of you.
Indeed, we strive for perfection every day and every moment in our life.

But life is not just about being perfect or about physical beauty.
Its all in your heart, in your intentions. It's all about living in present moment. Enjoying now and being satisfied with what you have makes a difference.
Hunger for improvement should be there at the same time.

message 5: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments I'm agree with you.
But the inside beauty is not seen by everyone. Sometimes we can be hurled or treated badly just because "the physical beauty" !!!

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sadai | 4 comments I struggled with self-esteem throughout my life, especially when it came to my body. I always felt like I wasn't good enough. Only recently, while writing Cottage Cheese Thighs, did I finally figure out how to separate my self-esteem from the scale. Based on this discussion, I think you both might appreciate the story and my journey to loving myself.

You're both beautiful, inside & out!

message 7: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments Oh thanks ! I will read it : )

message 8: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva Bhatnagar | 12 comments Outer beauty is subject to some absurd parameters set by society.
One should follow rules laid down by self not by others.
Why bother when being perfect is boring. Flaws give us a scope to learn something, to change something and accept something.

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sadai | 4 comments That's the right attitude Apoorva! Love it!

message 10: by Charanjit (new)

Charanjit Mannu | 1 comments that is one of the best definitions of love, but I do believe sometimes we forget that love is all around us, from the bird singing to the beautiful sky, we are surrounded by the universes love.

message 11: by John (new)

John King | 5 comments Meriem wrote: "We are all seeking for happiness but sometimes a life become harder. Sometimes we feel as we couldn’t get up and start again. Sometimes we could even lose a confidence on ourselves.

“Life will bre..."
I enjoyed your thoughts and words, they truly capture our struggles for happiness and the best advice to try and overcome negative feelings and thought's. I will look into this book and its message, it sounds very Interesting. Thanks--John

message 12: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments Thanks apoorva :) you are right in each word

message 13: by John (last edited Jul 29, 2016 07:54AM) (new)

John King | 5 comments I am working on 1) Finding people in my life who are going to give me positive feedback and are trustworthy 2) avoid negative people when possible, and not let the people I can't avoid control my emotions 3) Treat myself nice, find ways to be productive and avoid boredom 4) Treat others like I would like to be treated with respect and understanding 5) to help others who are in need when I can 6) Find my spiritual balance to keep my relationship with my higher power fruitful. 7) Pray very hard for our next President to be trustworthy and strong and be able to gain the trust and respect of all American's and make America great again. ( sorry I brought politics into this discussion, talk about negatives I do apologize for)

message 14: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva Bhatnagar | 12 comments Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not.
You have two choices: to control your mind or to let your mind control you.
Paulo Coelho.
A beautiful learning came in my life with these words.
I thought it would be nice to share this with you all.
Sometimes we become helpless and start believing that nothing is in our hand.
But still one thing we can do is control our thoughts and not indulge in negativity.
Optimism takes us near solutions. It gives us hope and faith to move on.
What are your thoughts on this?

message 15: by CC (new)

CC | 7 comments @Apoorva

Hello! I think you hit it perfectly with, "But still one thing we can do is control our thoughts and not indulge in negativity." The truth is, sometimes our thoughts happen to be the ONLY thing we can control and when the rest of our world is tumbling down, controlling those thoughts may be the only thing that can keep us moving and spark some hope for the future. We cannot get everything we want and we can't always have everything we need but we thankfully we can decide how to react by controlling our thoughts.

message 16: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva Bhatnagar | 12 comments Exactly CS.
I totally agree.
Sometimes all we can control is our thoughts.
They can make us or break us.

message 17: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Leite (httpwwwgoodreadscomevelyn-leite) | 7 comments Great discussion, God has shown me that the only thing I can do about the negative people in my life is to pray for them. That keeps me positive and gives the problem to Her. Sometimes I have to pray for them and distance myself as well, in order to keep my own thoughts from taking over, and sometimes I just have to scream and let it out when I'm driving down the road so when I get where I'm going I'll be in a relieved state of mind.

message 18: by Bharat (new)

Bharat Bhushan | 1 comments Nice thoughts , Happiness always inside you , just need to talk.

message 19: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva Bhatnagar | 12 comments Yeah right Evelyn. I have one friend. She is very close to me. But whenever we talk, I end up being disturbed and negative. Though she gets relieved somehow but I become annoyed.
Sometimes its just not possible to avoid.

message 20: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Leite (httpwwwgoodreadscomevelyn-leite) | 7 comments What most people don't realize is that negative people have made a career out of being a victim, usually because they've been abused in the past and haven't dealt with it, either because they don't know how or fear of being considered weak if they ask the right person for help. The right person being a therapist who understands abuse issues. It's really hard to let go of victimhood because it changes one's whole identity.

message 21: by John (new)

John King | 5 comments I have considered myself a victim, I was abused by others in my lifetime, but I have also done my best to stay positive and not let my negative thoughts keep me a victim without hope. This battle is not a easy one, I have faulted many times. So perseverance is necessary to ones survival. Seeking help from professionals and help groups has helped me allot. I have always said that my life may be tragic, but not boring! To me a boring life is also very tragic. I no longer consider myself a victim, I am a survivor who has many blessings that sustain me. While I have suffered times of darkness and deep depression, I use those experiences to help others, my compassion is still alive and well. I thank God for that!

message 22: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Leite (httpwwwgoodreadscomevelyn-leite) | 7 comments Congratulations John, it is hard work to overcome negative thoughts
and I've had to work hard at not being a victim myself. I also can't imagine a boring life since I grew up where crisis was the norm. God is good and I"m blessed.

message 23: by CC (new)

CC | 7 comments Evelyn.... I used to have no idea how anyone could possibly pray for someone who has hurt them or even smother them with kindness. Then....after severe life events...I became that person! Its amazing how much softer it is on my own heart and mind to treat those who hurt you with kindness. Revenge and bitterness only torment us....but the opposite approach can truly allow us to step back up on our feet and keep moving.

message 24: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Leite (httpwwwgoodreadscomevelyn-leite) | 7 comments They say that holding on to anger and resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die. It was hard in the beginning to pray for those who hurt me but I found such peace doing it that I wish I would have known to do it years ago. Sometimes it takes a lot of prayer to get to that peaceful place but you're right it makes the heart much softer. God bless you.

message 25: by John (new)

John King | 5 comments Evelyn wrote: "Congratulations John, it is hard work to overcome negative thoughts
and I've had to work hard at not being a victim myself. I also can't imagine a boring life since I grew up where crisis was the ..."

Thanks for your positive feedback!!

message 26: by John (new)

John King | 5 comments I have learned the hard lessons hanging on to anger and resentments and the damage it does to oneself and others. You can lose your soul. Today I again pray that my older brother can find the ways for forgiveness and be apart of our family again. Its been going on 20 yrs now. Time is running out on us all, I did send him a E-mail today, I hope it helps!

message 27: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Leite (httpwwwgoodreadscomevelyn-leite) | 7 comments I pray that it will help as well, perhaps you could buy him the book "What's so Amazing About Grace" In the meantime it might help if you validate his right to feel the way he feels. and be assured that God has it covered.

message 28: by Connie (new)

Connie Livingston-dunn | 139 comments When I was an art therapist (I'm retired now), I worked with clients to help them heal and move from victim/survivor to thriver, and eventually to forgiveness if they were able to, and to being an adventurer. It's wonderful to do our healing work and become balanced and in harmony.

message 29: by CC (new)

CC | 7 comments I wish you well, John. Been praying my heart out for three long and incredibly painful years---assuming at this point that God won't be intervening. So I praise you for lasting so long and not giving up. Im at the point where Ive nearly given up---I see nothing else that I can do.

message 30: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Leite (httpwwwgoodreadscomevelyn-leite) | 7 comments CS please don't give up, God is hearing you even if it doesn't feel like it, She has a plan for you and some times all you can hear is that still small voice saying tie a note in the end of your rope and hang on, just do it one day at a time or even 1 hour at a time, whatever the issue is it will get better.

message 31: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva Bhatnagar | 12 comments I pray for everybody's peace, happiness and strength.

Change is permanent. Situations will never be same. But as people say faith moves mountains. Indeed, it's true, be in any situation never loose faith in yourself. Else everything is secondary.

message 32: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments I think the more we love ourselves and smile in the face of others, the more we feel happy :)

message 33: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Leite (httpwwwgoodreadscomevelyn-leite) | 7 comments Sometimes loving yourself is much harder than it sounds, especially if no one ever taught you how,

message 34: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments Step by Step, nothing seems to be easy to do for the first time. Starting by accepting yourself, smiling on the mirror and take care of yourself. You deserve all the happiness on this world :)

message 35: by CC (new)

CC | 7 comments And its easy to truly hate yourself if those you love hate you. What do we really have if we dont have love?

message 36: by Sumeet (new)

Sumeet Mahendra (sumt7) | 1 comments This quote is for all of you, my dear friends!
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

message 37: by Meriem (new)

Meriem El bouzidi | 12 comments Some times it is better to not having a love. There is a love that breaks down. I think the best thing is starting by estimate ourselves then love your Inner/presence/.. Love your being, then the love will just come softly from others ..