Landscapes of Ink discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
Competitions > A Court of Thorns and Roses #1: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maddie (new) - added it

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 334 comments Mod
Megan and I are going to do the first group competition with ACOTAR. Feel free to join. Probably starting in 3 days.

message 2: by Maddie (new) - added it

19% through.

message 3: by Maddie (new) - added it

29%

message 4: by Maddie (new) - added it

31%

How far through are you? I'm curious.

message 5: by Maddie (new) - added it

This is taking me a lot longer than I thought, mainly because I'm hardly reading it lately. But tomorrow I've got 2 1 hour breaks so I'll be reading then, as well as getting home at 4 so I should get a bit more read :)

message 6: by Maddie (new) - added it

When will you be able to read ACOMAF?

message 7: by Maddie (new) - added it

45% through.

message 8: by Maddie (new) - added it

I might have to put this on pause for a few days (maybe a week) depending on how far through I get. I need to have a #1 in series finished by tomorrow for SS and I doubt I'll get this one done by then, so I might need to put it down when I get home in a few hours and pick up another shorter one I can complete. And then I'll be reading Cruel Crown and Glass Sword, which I'll focus on, and then AFTER those two I'll get back to ACOTAR. You'll probably be finished by then haha.

message 9: by Maddie (last edited Jul 27, 2016 03:51PM) (new) - added it

I have a feeling I've just encountered Rhysand. I'm 46% through and only reading for the next 5 minutes before next lecture. And I already sense (view spoiler)

message 10: by Maddie (new) - added it

I'm putting this one down for probably a week and a half or two weeks. I'm 48% through and while it's really good, I have other books to read first :/

message 11: by Maddie (new) - added it

I said maybe. Well now I'm at 48% but won't be reading it for quite a while so I'm sure that's long enough for you to catch up?

message 12: by Maddie (new) - added it

Yeah.

message 13: by Maddie (new) - added it

Okay. I have another book that I'm halfway through that I need to finish, as well as 3 others after that, so I'll be about a week.

message 14: by Maddie (new) - added it

Yeah that should be doable. But I make no promises. I'm starting The One on the 6th or 7th of August, and then on the 13th I'm starting Rose and the Dagger, so I've gotta get this read in about 3-5 days. I'll just see.

message 15: by Maddie (new) - added it

Yeah and it's really good. I want to keep reading but other priorities :/

message 16: by Maddie (new) - added it

Okay so I know I said AGAIN that I won't be reading anymore of ACOTAR, but I finished my other book early and I'm not starting anything else until Sunday, so I'll be reading a little more of this. Sorry!

message 17: by Maddie (new) - added it

I'm 59% through now. Man it's good! (view spoiler)

One thing I don't like is the weird pronunciations. I keep having to search up 'A Court of Thorns and Roses pronunciation guide' to see how Sarah wants them pronounced. Feyre's especially weird. Initially I read it like 'fire', but it's just weird.

Not sure how much more I'll be reading.

message 18: by Maddie (new) - added it

I'm 67% through and I plan on reading a little more now. Sorry for the constant misinformation!

message 19: by Maddie (new) - added it

77% through now.

message 20: by Maddie (new) - added it

Might try and get this finished tomorrow/the next day. It would be good to finally get it done.