Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please un-Merge 2 books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aada (new)

Aada Baldwin (aada_baldwin) | 6 comments Somehow 2 Volumes have merged under the same book. Can anyone help to seperate and move Volume 2 to its own listing? Volume 2 is Mermaids: Coloring Book for Adults & Kids

Volume 1 is Mermaids: Coloring Book for Adults & Kids

Thank you

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Separated

message 3: by Aada (new)

Aada Baldwin (aada_baldwin) | 6 comments Thanks Michael

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14557 comments Volume 2 seems to have disappeared altogether?

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Even I can't find it now :O

message 6: by Emy (last edited Jul 21, 2016 01:41AM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5036 comments Book is missing from your edit history too - the edits are logged but I can't see a book attached to the edits.

Adding back ISBN13: 9781533126528 now.

EDIT: here for the paperback now.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Emy wrote: "Book is missing from your edit history too - the edits are logged but I can't see a book attached to the edits. "

Yep, that's the first thing I checked - if I'd accidentally merged it. But I don't see any such log in my edit history.

Thanks for creating a new record.

message 8: by Aada (new)

Aada Baldwin (aada_baldwin) | 6 comments Thanks for your help. I noticed Volume 1's cover has reverted to the older cover. Any chance you can make the cover back to the cover I have on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Mermaids-Color...

message 9: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5036 comments All covers are here: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

To quote from the Author guidance:

Q: My book has a new edition, but the old one is showing up on my author page. How can I change that?

A: The default edition of a book -- the one which shows up on your author page, in non-ISBN-specific searches, and several other places -- is determined by the number of Goodreads users who have shelved each edition.

As more users shelve the new edition, it will become the default instead.

Alternatively, Goodreads recently added a new feature for authors: Goodreads Authors can now choose which edition they want to be the default edition for their books. Goodreads Authors (and Goodreads Employees) are the only people who can use this feature, and they can only do so for books on which they are the primary author.

To use this feature, go to the edition you wish to set as the default, and click the "edit" link. On the edition's edit page there will be a link on the right side, about mid-way down the page and just before the link to refresh stats, to "Set this book as the primary edition for this work".

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Aada, follow these steps to mark the edition with new cover as default :)

message 11: by Aada (new)

Aada Baldwin (aada_baldwin) | 6 comments Thanks for the tips! All sorted now and my books are good to go!