Perustopia Book Club discussion

Harry Potter Spin-off Series

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miruna (new)

Miruna If JK Rowling created spin-off series from Harry Potter, what would you want it to be about?
I would love there to be a series written about the adventures of the Potter kids

message 2: by ella (new)

ella  | 48 comments Um...

message 3: by ella (new)

ella  | 48 comments Not a series but a book, kind of...

message 4: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) 19 YEARS LATER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Luna (new)

Luna | 14 comments I think might have said that this wouldn't happen, but I really wish they would make a spin off with the Marauders..

message 6: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments The Mauraders!!

message 7: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (the_book_prophet) | 245 comments Mauraders

message 8: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower | 297 comments The Mauraders OF COURSE, and I would like a story of Dumbledore's life because I bet there's a lot we don't know.
Also, I'm still curious about Rowena Ravenclaw's life and Helena. There a lot of stories waiting to be told in the Wizarding world.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (spellitlikeitsounds) | 9 comments Let me think. Mauraders, Mauraders, Mauraders oh and MAURADERS!!!

message 10: by Raki Oddbooks (new)

Raki Oddbooks I don't know, I think I would really love a book about Hagrid's life. We know so little about him, there are many mysteries surrounding him, like why doesn't he do magic, we know he can, but why doesn't he?
I wouldn't however like a book about the Marauders, the little glimpse we got into their life as students was enough for me to realize I didn't like them.

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Walker (NekosBooks) (neko-firedemontempest) From the Maurader's time or from the trio's children's time at Hogwarts.

message 12: by ella (new)

ella  | 48 comments Mackenzie wrote: "19 YEARS LATER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cursed Child! Duh! XD

message 13: by Swati (new)

Swati | 95 comments I'm actually happy with the series as it is... I would love to know more about the mauraders, but I probably would just cry all the time because I know what happens in the adult life....

message 14: by deborah (new)

deborah mitchell (littlewhitebookshelf) | 281 comments Probably from the marauders time!

message 15: by Giulia (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments I don't want a sequel .... too high the chance of ruining everything

message 16: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Since 19 years later is out, THE MARAUDERS

message 17: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Ella wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "19 YEARS LATER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cursed Child! Duh! XD"

Series. That is a script book.

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Macleod (hannahmacleod) | 30 comments The Mauraders, have like little stories that fit around the book

message 19: by Flora (new)

Flora (florareads) Hedwigs adventures obviously XD

message 20: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 154 comments A book just about Harry's parents

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments short story's about the marauders would be fun I think

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

It probably sounds weird but I would love the books in Dracos POV or the marauders era from Snape/sirius' POV.

message 23: by Eric (new)

Eric Forteza I would love one about Dumbuldore's life, that'll be so cool

message 24: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Teddy Lupin!!!! I always loved the name and he is an orphan like Harry. And I was really disappointed that he was left out in The Cursed Child, he is so interesting. His father was a werwolf, his mother a metamorphagus, this would be so enjoyable to read about him.

message 25: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie_nightingale) I'd like to see a series with a totally new set of characters set in the time Harry is going through his training at the ministry. It would be nice to see the old characters mentioned but mostly I'd like to get to explore more of the magical world, perhaps going to other countries.

message 26: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments All I want is a series about the Mauraders

message 27: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Sophie_Nightingale wrote: "I'd like to see a series with a totally new set of characters set in the time Harry is going through his training at the ministry. It would be nice to see the old characters mentioned but mostly I'..."

Yes same here! I love how Cassandra Clare or Rick Riordan are doing it. We never leave the old characters completly, but still we focus on a new generation.

message 28: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments Another question. What do you think, why did J.K. Rowling never wrote a Spin-off? She always focused on Harry and just gave out some extra material without a real story (like Fantastic Beasts or Quidditch bla).
She could make so much money with a new series, because she obviously does not want to leave the Wizarding World, I mean she always puts out new material around Harry and his co characters.
But why isn't she doing something entire new in the wizarding world?
Does she have a creative lack? Doesn't she want to make more money? Does she secretly hate the world?