Fight the Tide (Kick at the Darkness, #2) Fight the Tide discussion

Group Read for Fight the Tide July 26th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

dammit, liz This is a group read discussion for Fight the Tide by Keira Andrews for those who want to read on the release day (7/26). Everyone welcome!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Count me in.

dammit, liz Yay! I was going to try to wait to read this, but that's just not going to happen. I need this yesterday.

Christelle Still stunned with a wide open mouth catching flies that I enjoyed book 1 so much. Need to verify if it's a blip or not ;)

Bring it on girls, I have my hair-conditioner next to my Kindle : all set for the 26th of July :-)

dammit, liz From the ARC reviews I've read, I think this is going to be awesome. If you have conditioner, then it sounds like you're fully prepared! If they find any on the sailboat, I'm going to laugh so hard. I'm kinda hoping they do.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Liz wrote: "From the ARC reviews I've read, I think this is going to be awesome. If you have conditioner, then it sounds like you're fully prepared! If they find any on the sailboat, I'm going to laugh so hard..."

Okay, this is kinda off track, and kinda related (as most of my comments usually are). All this talk of turning hair conditioner into a weapon against zombies reminded me of my high school chemistry teacher (Warning: don't try this at home, kids). She told us about a SHAMPOO that was used as an ingredient in a cake recipe. True! I want to say the shampoo was called Prell, but honestly, I could have just pulled that name out of my ass.

So I guess you could say that as long as you had shampoo and conditioner during a zombie apocalypse you'd not only remain smokin' hot enough to get yourself a little sumthin sumthin, but you'd also be able to feed and defend your significant other.

And, god, on that note I really need to get some sleep.

dammit, liz Hahaha! That sounds like the most horrible recipe ever. And now I'm wildly curious. I'd like to think she went home at the end of the day and said, "hey, you'll never believe the weird shit I told the kids in my chem class today."

And it IS useful! Feed, defend, AND lubricate, all while maintaining body and shine. I need to get some salon sized bottles and start my post apocalypse survival stash! Yeah, I badly need some sleep too.

Abdul I HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK FOR THIS?!! Damn! That is so much time. I NEED IT NOW

Alicia Yes!!! I am so in for this lol

dammit, liz So glad you're in, Abdul and Alicia! Agreed, the wait is tough! I originally thought I'd be able to wait until the 1st to read it. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Abdul Liz till the first? OMG That is hard even for me

dammit, liz Yeah, that was before I reread Kick at the Darkness. Now I'm WAY too excited to wait!

Abdul Liz wrote: "Yeah, that was before I reread Kick at the Darkness. Now I'm WAY too excited to wait!"

Lol yeah! Kick at the darkness does that for you

Alicia No way I can wait, as soon as its out I'll be starting lol!

dammit, liz Yep, me too :) Doing a group read might help me pace myself though. When I'm really excited for a new release, I tend to start it as soon as it comes out at oh my god in the morning and finish it in one sitting. Usually leaves me feeling a little sleep deprived and cracked out.

message 16: by Angela (last edited Jul 21, 2016 10:49PM) (new)

Angela I'm really ticked right now. I originally read Kick at the Darkness last November and I wrote a review for it. When we started the group re-read I marked it Currently Reading. I just went in to change it back to Read and update my read count, only to find my review GONE! The shelves I had it on were gone but the stars were still there but as soon as I clicked on something else the stars were gone and never came back.

I have been saving most of my reviews in Google docs but I don't think Kick is one of them. It was a short one, but it still pisses me off.

ETA- Soooooo....apparently, I somehow ended up clicking on a different edition of Kick, not the one I had originally read/reviewed, so it did not have my review, shelves, etc... In other words, my review is safe and I'm an idiot who should not be allowed to use technology after midnight.

dammit, liz Ha! I know the feeling, I'm not particularly tech friendly any time of the day. I remember thinking the same thing happened with my review for Glitterland. It's weird how it'll add both of them to your shelf.

dammit, liz Wow. So the book I'm reading now.. If we could un-recommend books to our GR friends, I would do so for Christelle for this one. Werewolves of Chernobyl has werewolf sex that is even kind squicking me out.

Abdul Liz I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes shifters book do that to me and I am big fan of shifters book and shifters sex. Also k hate that shifter books always have sex so much that they don't give couple enough time.

dammit, liz Yeah, everyone has their own limit for what's hot and what makes you feel weird. I'm trying to figure out whether or knot (Ha! I couldn't help it) this is too much for me. I'm actually enjoying the story for the most part. But these authors aren't known for being subtle with the kink! (Like The Cattery? WTF? Fun, but pretty out there)

I had to mention this other book because in our Kick group read, Christelle mentioned not liking when Adam started shifting during sex.

Abdul OMG You did not with that "knot" comment. That was hilarious. I actually am fine with knotting as I have read so many Sterek FanFictions. Also shifting in the middle I don't take it as a big thing because again Sterek has got me used to those but I will be honest and say that I don't like shifting in the middle of sex but I just tend to ignore it.

message 22: by dammit, liz (last edited Jul 22, 2016 11:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

dammit, liz I'm cool with it too, to an extent. In Kick, I found it hot. Same with Mary Calmes's Change of Heart series. But this one I'm reading now.. Everything will be great, and then it'll get way too animalistic for my tastes. I need the penises in my books to be very distinctly human. I think I'm finding it's just my kink ;)

That being said, I do remember one book (or fic) I read where I found the whole knotting thing super sexy. I can't remember what it was.

Christelle Liz wrote: "Wow. So the book I'm reading now.. If we could un-recommend books to our GR friends, I would do so for Christelle for this one. Werewolves of Chernobyl has werewolf sex that is even..."

LOL : So, I guess I should stay away ?? That was my intention anyway : I know when I have stretch my limits;) Still hope that you're enjoying your read !!

dammit, liz Haha.. Yeah, you probably wouldn't enjoy this at all. Aside from sex stuff that might be out of my comfort zone, the story is fun! Three long days left before Fight the Tide.

Chelsea I'm going to be mean and say there are pirates ;-)

Alicia We totally picked it with the Pirates Liz lol!

dammit, liz I KNEW IT! Yay!!! Is there conditioner? Wait. No. I don't want to know yet.

message 28: by Angela (new)

Angela Liz wrote: "I KNEW IT! Yay!!! Is there conditioner? Wait. No. I don't want to know yet."

I think I'm traumatized by our group. I now find myself thinking of zombies every time I take a shower.

Christelle Angela wrote: "Liz wrote: "I KNEW IT! Yay!!! Is there conditioner? Wait. No. I don't want to know yet."

I think I'm traumatized by our group. I now find myself thinking of zombies every time I take a shower."

LMAO !!! So sorry for that....not ;)

Abdul Liz wrote: "I'm cool with it too, to an extent. In Kick, I found it hot. Same with Mary Calmes's Change of Heart series. But this one I'm reading now.. Everything will be great, and then it'll get way too anim..."

See I might be fine with it if I read it. (view spoiler)

dammit, liz Abdul wrote: "Liz wrote: "I'm cool with it too, to an extent. In Kick, I found it hot. Same with Mary Calmes's Change of Heart series. But this one I'm reading now.. Everything will be great, and then it'll get ..."

If you read a lot of shifter stuff, I bet it wouldn't bother you at all. It's not that big of a deal, just something I'm not a fan of.!

As for the (view spoiler) I've heard mentioned in Fight the Tide reviews, I'm absolutely on board with that! Bring it on. I'm ready to see our dear boys get kinky.

Alicia Just checked my kindle and it's finally their yey! It's only 6am here though so I should prob try and get another couple hours sleep. I'm also going to attempt not to start until one/some of the rest of you do, however not liking my chances lol! Luckily I have 20% of another book to finish, so that should eat up a couple of hours ;-P

dammit, liz Alicia, I just got mine too! I looks like it came a little early. It's still early Monday evening here, so I've got the whole evening to read. I know it's before the 26th, but since it's tomorrow for you Aussies, I can totally use that to justify my early start.. Right? :) Perhaps I'll just read very slowly.

I'm guessing it'll be a while for Christelle since it's late.. Angela, you're in my time zone, want to start this evening? Abdul, I don't know what part of the world you're from, let us know when you start reading :)

Christelle Hello Ladies, Just got it too, but yeah, late here : need some sleep. Will start in a few hours and have a look at your comments.
Bring it on and have fun :-)

message 35: by dammit, liz (last edited Jul 25, 2016 04:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

dammit, liz Sleep well, Christelle! I just started, but I'm going to take my time and let myself get distracted if it happens :)

This bullshit bedtime story lady on the radio is SO gonna be bad news.

dammit, liz "They probably have lies and betrayal and sex slavery. With bonus cannibalism."

I see Parker and I are on the same page.

Alicia Ok extra sleep done, coffee in hand and about to read the first page so hopefully can join in some comments soon Liz.

Alicia It's so great to have both Parker and Adams voice in this one

Alicia

I don't trust any place no matter how good it sounds after what happened at the Pines

message 40: by dammit, liz (last edited Jul 25, 2016 06:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

dammit, liz Alicia wrote: "

I don't trust any place no matter how good it sounds after what happened at the Pines"

I'm reading very slowly and doing some other stuff intermittently, so I'm only at 9%. I'm trying to make it last. I'm sure everyone will be glad to know that Adam's hair has maintained its glossy luster, with or without conditioner.

But yeah. I don't trust this idea of "safety." I'm with Parker- I keep thinking of Adam being turned into fillet-o'-wolf.

Every time I read them referencing The Pines, I'm reminded of the old blues song: "In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines, I will shiver, the whole night through." *also shivering*

Alicia Oh good im not far behind then, will be 'trying' to read slow to instead of full steam ahead and spending all day reading, then being finished and left deflated because I have nothing left.

I just did that off road googling thing to see what that song was you mentioned, and yeh when putting it in context with the pines it made me shiver to. It's a creepy little song, definitely fits.

Alicia 6% fun times starting early in this one. Yey! Haha

message 43: by Angela (new)

Angela I'm going to have to start tomorrow night. And I'm not reading anything here beyond #35!

dammit, liz I'll try not to be spoilery, Angela :)
Alicia, very fun times indeed. I like it when these boys get chatty.

Alicia 11% (view spoiler)

dammit, liz I'm back to reading now. Took a break to watch some speeches at our Democratic Convention. I'm ready to get back to zombies and sexy werewolves.

dammit, liz At 15% there seems to be some forshadowing. (view spoiler)

Abdul OMG You guys already started? I haven't even bought the book yet. OK. Ordering it now and I'll start tomorrow night. I'll read bits by bits.

Alicia Liz wrote: "At 15% there seems to be some forshadowing. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Alicia Abdul wrote: "OMG You guys already started? I haven't even bought the book yet. OK. Ordering it now and I'll start tomorrow night. I'll read bits by bits."

I couldn't wait lol! As soon as I got up this morning I Downloaded it, even though I was in the middle of another book ;-)

« previous 1 3