The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge discussion

A Year in the Life > What books will be featured in the Gilmore Girls revival?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new)

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod
What books do you think will be featured in the Gilmore Girls revival? Which ones do you think will Rory be reading/have read?

message 2: by L (new)

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod
I am thinking the new episodes will being somewhere between 25-35 new books to Rory's list. I'm hoping Buzzfeed or someone will compile a new list of all of them so we can be sure to add it to our group.

message 3: by Laura Ellis (new)

Laura Ellis | 6 comments Since I have discovered this list and group, I think I will have to make a list as I watch the new episodes.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Kangas Some books I think we will see (since they have been popular in the last 10 years): The Fault in Our Stars or something by John Green maybe Gigi or someone younger would be reading it.
Americanah
Between the World and Me
but I also think we will see some classics

message 5: by Dharshini (new)

Dharshini  | 2 comments Do we count the books she had with her in the video with Michelle Obama?

message 6: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 11 comments My older sister always said that Alexis Bledel would have been great playing Anastasia Steele from Fifty Shades of Grey. I am not a fan of the Fifty series even though I have read the novels. I sure hope neither of the books are referenced by Rory in the revival. I would hate to have to read those books again.

message 7: by Amaryllis (new)

Amaryllis (amellin) Charlene wrote: "My older sister always said that Alexis Bledel would have been great playing Anastasia Steele from Fifty Shades of Grey. I am not a fan of the Fifty series even though I have read the novels. I sur..."

Oh God, what a terrible idea to imagine Alexis Bledel as Anastasia Steele. I really, really hope that Rory will see the book as what it is, and not as a 'deep, strong romance' or anything like that, so I hope she will not read it in the revival.

message 8: by Helga (last edited Aug 25, 2016 06:49AM) (new)

Helga Bannwart | 1 comments Charlene wrote: "My older sister always said that Alexis Bledel would have been great playing Anastasia Steele from Fifty Shades of Grey. I am not a fan of the Fifty series even though I have read the novels. I sur..."

I bet they might make some joke about it! (about the book, not Alexis playing Anastasia)