Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > FATES AND FURIES by Lauren Groff

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 250 comments FATES AND FURIES by Lauren Goff
4 stars
400 pages

FATES AND FURIES is the story of a marriage. The couple are polar opposites in their true persons but they really don't know everything about the other person. I enjoyed this book because of the different perspectives from each person involved.

Lancelot (Lotto) is a southern boy who was banished to boarding school as a teenager because of some teen acts. He stays in the north and after college meets Mathilde, who is the partner with the true secrets that no one would have guessed. Her true story is pretty dark. I think Lotto was just clueless about everything that went on in his life.

The first part, Fates, is Lotto's story. It is somewhat plodding but I stuck with it. Around 43% or so through Furies (Mathilde's story) starts. It is much better. The ending was supposed to be a twist and I guess it was but it didn't surprise me. I didn't figure it out but it just wasn't too surprising.

The best parts of the book is how Mathilde reacts to everything.

I can recommend this one!

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I just finished this too and LOVED it! I'm yet to write a review. It was a five star read for me.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments Also loved it. I thought Fates was slow to get into, but I often feel that way about a book when I don't know the characters yet. Furies had the advantage of all the characters already being introduced, even though you found you didn't know as much as you thought. A 5 star for me as well.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6674 comments Susie wrote: "I just finished this too and LOVED it! I'm yet to write a review. It was a five star read for me."

Happy to see this, Susie!!! YAY.

Also happy it was a good read for you, Raine. I agreed with you that the second part was better than the first half - - though I liked both!

message 5: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 699 comments I liked it a 4 star worth. I found the characters very flawed and liked Lotto more than Mathilde. I did do audio which always helps with books that are plodding but also makes it hard to remember major points or go back and find them. I admit that I did not spend enough time reflecting on the title and Mathilde's role as Furies (goddess of revenge or feminine rage). Lotto's section being destiny or chance.

message 6: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Good review, Raine. It was a 4 star book for me as well.