Books - Swaps, Sales, Giveaway > Sell/Buy Second-hand books

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shehan (new)

Shehan Pinto | 2 comments God delusion
Business Nightmares
Straight from the gut
The selfish gene

message 2: by Ashfa (last edited Sep 09, 2016 10:11AM) (new)

message 3: by Ashfa (new)

Ashfa Anwer | 3 comments The prices for the books are:

1- November 9 by Colleen Hoover-700/-
2- Down Where My Love Lives by Charles Martin (Two books in one) - 650/= (Hardcover)
3-Crewel by Gennifer Albin- 700/- (Hardcover)
4- Easy by Tammara Webber- 600
5- Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King- 500/-
6- Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum- 650/-
7- Arms Wide Open by Tom Winte- 600/-
8- Cloud nine by Luanne Rice - 450/
9- Night Calypso by Lawrence Scott - 600/-
10- Visitors by Anita Brookner -300/-
11-Leaving Home by Anita Brookner - 300/-
12- Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington- 500/-
13- Fire in the Woods by Jennifer M. Eaton- 600/-
14- Ruby by Marie Maxwell- 500/-
15- Orphan's Song by Gillian Bronte Adams- 750/-
16- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie- 550/-
17- The Watchers by Ashley Jensen - 650/-

message 4: by Samodh (new)

Samodh Anybody got some poetry?

message 5: by Janith (new)

Janith Pathirage (pathirage) | 26 comments Sarasavi bargain bookstore is one of the best places to buy secondhand books. They have an amazing price range, and 1000s of books !.

message 6: by Maryam (last edited Sep 23, 2016 08:15PM) (new)

Maryam | 17 comments Janith wrote: "Sarasavi bargain bookstore is one of the best places to buy secondhand books. They have an amazing price range, and 1000s of books !."
Do you mean the Sarasavi warehouse in Nugegoda?

message 7: by Janith (new)

Janith Pathirage (pathirage) | 26 comments Maryam wrote: "Janith wrote: "Sarasavi bargain bookstore is one of the best places to buy secondhand books. They have an amazing price range, and 1000s of books !."
Do you mean the Sarasavi warehouse in Nugegoda?"

No, not the warehouse . They opened a new bargain book shop few years ago. When you pass the old Sarasavi building and walk towards the Nugegoda supermarket you'll easily find it on the same side (2 minutes walk from the bookshop). I recently bought Stephen King's "Misery" from them just for Rs 300. Great value for money.

message 8: by Janith (new)

Janith Pathirage (pathirage) | 26 comments If you check the range of books they have there it'll blow your mind !. Takes bit of time to find a specific book coz books are all over the place but you wont be disappointed !

message 9: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 17 comments Janith wrote: "Maryam wrote: "Janith wrote: "Sarasavi bargain bookstore is one of the best places to buy secondhand books. They have an amazing price range, and 1000s of books !."
Do you mean the Sarasavi warehou..."

Oh ok thanks. Now i cant wait to go check it out. :)

message 10: by Janith (new)

Janith Pathirage (pathirage) | 26 comments Maryam wrote: "Janith wrote: "Maryam wrote: "Janith wrote: "Sarasavi bargain bookstore is one of the best places to buy secondhand books. They have an amazing price range, and 1000s of books !."
Do you mean the S..."

Go for it tiger ! :D

message 11: by Gowrishankar (new)

Gowrishankar (gowshan) | 4 comments Hi!
Any body has Dan brown's collection: Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons and The lost key.
Also I like to read Harry Potter the whole series.

message 12: by Gowrishankar (new)

Gowrishankar (gowshan) | 4 comments Janith wrote: "Maryam wrote: "Janith wrote: "Sarasavi bargain bookstore is one of the best places to buy secondhand books. They have an amazing price range, and 1000s of books !."
Do you mean the Sarasavi warehou..."

Thanks for the Information, I think I've been there already without knowing what it is. I'll have a look at it again.

message 13: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 17 comments Gowrishankar wrote: "Hi!
Any body has Dan brown's collection: Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons and The lost key.
Also I like to read Harry Potter the whole series."

If you really want to read Dan Brown books then you can join the Public library in Dehiwela Frazer Avenue.(if you live in Colombo or Dehiwela that is)
I have read them all from there. It also has Dean Koontz and Stephen King and Matthew Reilly and a lot of others.
The Harry Potter books are in the children section of that library so you cannot borrow them unless you have a kid brother or sister whos below 16 years. Bad luck if not :(

message 14: by Gowrishankar (new)

Gowrishankar (gowshan) | 4 comments Thanks, but I am currently in kandy and I need to buy some of Dan's collection and that I don't have now.

message 15: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 17 comments Gowrishankar wrote: "Thanks, but I am currently in kandy and I need to buy some of Dan's collection and that I don't have now."

ohhh bad luck then :( I guess you will have to search for them in bookshops

message 16: by Gowrishankar (new)

Gowrishankar (gowshan) | 4 comments But where exactly is this Sarasavi bargain book shop, I tried today. Couldn't find. Do they open on Sundays?

message 17: by Chamoda (last edited Oct 15, 2016 01:43AM) (new)

Chamoda Pandithage | 1 comments Shehan wrote: "God delusion
Business Nightmares
Straight from the gut
The selfish gene"

Hi Shehan, Could you include prices? Interested in The selfish gene

message 18: by Janith (new)

Janith Pathirage (pathirage) | 26 comments Gowrishankar wrote: "But where exactly is this Sarasavi bargain book shop, I tried today. Couldn't find. Do they open on Sundays?"

They are open on Sundays. You have to pass the old Sarasavi building and walk towards the Nugegeoda supermarket. When you pass 5-6 blocks you'll find it on the same side, a small shop. They have the Sarasavi board on display. This is not the Sarasavi warehouse mind you. Call the bookshop and ask if you cant find it (+94) 11 2820820

message 19: by Samurdhi (new)

Samurdhi | 1 comments Gowrishankar wrote: "Hi!
Also I like to read Harry Potter the whole series."

Gowrishankar wrote: "But where exactly is this Sarasavi bargain book shop, I tried today. Couldn't find. Do they open on Sundays?"
You can go to Bookshops near Ministry of Transport and find them. They should have the whole series or you can try Deen the Bookman

message 20: by Basama (new)

Basama Jahufar | 1 comments Shuha wrote: "Guys, if anyone knows any places of second hand book shops or old book shops in Kandy,
Please let me know!"

there's one in Peradeniya town. It's at the first bus stop when you turn to Gampola road. BTW do you know any in kandy?

message 21: by Arunodi (new)

Arunodi Peiris | 4 comments KBOOKS.LK එකෙන් දැන් ඔබ ලංකාවේ කොහේ සිටියත් ගෙදරටම පොත් ගෙනත් දෙනවා . පොත් ලැබුන විට මුදල් ගෙවීම සිදු කල හැකියි(Cash On Delivery). හෝ ක්‍රෙඩිට් කාර්ඩ් මගින් හෝ බැංකුවට මුදල් ගෙවා ගෙවීම් කල හැකියි. වෙබ් සයිට් එක හරහා හෝ SMS, දුරකථන මාර්ගයෙන් වුවද ඇණවුම් කල හැකියි. 10% සිට 50% දක්වා වට්ටම් ඔවුන් ලබා දෙනවා. පොත් 5ක් ගත් විට තව පොතක් නොමිළේම ලබා දෙනවා. 0778715500 කතා කරලා වැඩි විස්තර දැන ගන්න පුළුවන්.

ඔබ ලංකාවෙන් පිටත සිටියත් ඔබට පොත් ඇණවුම් කර ගෙන්වා ගත හැකියි. සාමාන්‍ය ගුවන් තැපෑලෙන් හෝ EMS හරහා අවම ගාස්තු යටතේ ලංකාවේ පොත් ඔබේ දෝතටම.

අඩුවෙන් ගෙවා වැඩියෙන් කියවන්න KBOOKS.LK

https://www.kbooks.lk/

message 22: by Samodh (new)

Samodh I would recommend using the search engine http://www.bookfinder.com/

Of course, you'd need to have the destination as Sri Lanka to get a correct quote. There's no need to enter book name or author if you know the correct isbn (often it's a good idea to search the book on Goodreads and see whether it has several editions with different isbns--older isbn numbers tend to be way cheap). I recommend searching with isbn.

Here's an example of how I bought a hardcover of Career of Evil (published in 2016) for just Rs. 813.

Step 1: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Step 2: http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?key...

Step 3: Be redirected via bookfinder.com to the bookseller site and purchase the book.

The same book is around Rs. 2000 in major bookshops.

message 23: by Sujith (new)

Sujith | 6 comments Samodh wrote: "I would recommend using the search engine http://www.bookfinder.com/

Of course, you'd need to have the destination as Sri Lanka to get a correct quote. There's no need to enter book name or author..."

So it is a used book right? how good was that copy?

message 24: by Samodh (new)

Samodh Their "good" is usually excellent. I've ordered some copies categorised as either "acceptable/fair" and "poor," too. Acceptable/fair is just about good. "Poor" means some damages to either the cover or some pages or both, but most booksellers don't sell books that are missing pages or containing unreadable text.

message 25: by Sujith (new)

Sujith | 6 comments Samodh wrote: "Their "good" is usually excellent. I've ordered some copies categorised as either "acceptable/fair" and "poor," too. Acceptable/fair is just about good. "Poor" means some damages to either the cove..."

thank you very much for your info. I just ordered a book for half price. they say it is in "very good" condition. let's see. hope it will be good.

message 26: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 3 comments Hi,
Could anyone suggest a bookshop/seller to purchase a used copy of the Campbell - Reece Biology 9th edition text book please?
the sooner, the better.
Thanks guys!
Campbell Biology

message 27: by Sujith (new)

Sujith | 6 comments Wendy wrote: "Hi,
Could anyone suggest a bookshop/seller to purchase a used copy of the Campbell - Reece Biology 9th edition text book please?
the sooner, the better.
Thanks guys!
Campbell Biology"

available on this link.
https://www.worldofbooks.com/campbell...

but you better check the ratings and reviews of this website before ordering. I have personally made a purchase there and i received the books in perfect condition.

or you can search in bookfinder.com

message 28: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 3 comments Thanks ! :D

message 29: by Raashid (last edited Apr 18, 2017 04:56AM) (new)

message 30: by Isuri (new)

Isuri | 1 comments A song of ice and fire books 1, 2 and 4 by George R. R. Martin 500/= each

The Hunger Games books 1 and 3 by Suzanne Collins 350/= each

Divergent by Veronica Roth 500/=

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher 450/=

The Vampire Diaries book 6 by L. J. Smith 250/=

All in good condition. cheers :)

Catherine Douglas | 3 comments I am looking for all the V.C. Andrews books from the Rain series onwards....I have exhausted all the second hand bookshops in Colombo!

message 32: by Ezra (new)

Ezra (ezrasmischief) | 1 comments All books are pre-owned, but some have never been read (just been sitting in a bookshelf for a while).
DM me if you're interested in buying or to request pictures of the books condition.
Prices are negotiable, since I'm not really sure about how mailing and such things would work.

Hyperion
Mortification: Writers’ Stories of their Public Shame
The Ruins of Gorlan
A Confusion of Princes
The Fall
Gael Lindenfield's 101 Morale Boosters: Instant Comfort for Difficult Times
The Andromeda Strain / The Terminal Man / The Great Train Robbery

message 33: by Janith (new)

Janith Pathirage (pathirage) | 26 comments Anybody selling Robert Jordan's ''The Wheel of Time'' series, please let me know.

message 34: by Ravindu (new)

Ravindu Gamage (thimantha) | 1 comments Anyone selling 2061 by Arthur C. Clarke?

message 35: by Ankit (new)

Ankit Mundada (ankitmundada) Exchange your books with nearby readers!
infireads allows you to see your nearby readers with their books. Message them to decide a time and place to exchange books. You can download the app from here:
http://bit.ly/freeinfireads

message 36: by Rastha (new)

Rastha Yaaluwo | 1 comments anybody has books by the following authors: Richard Dawkins(The Selfish Gene), Bill Bryson(A Short History of Nearly Everything), Yuval Noah Harari (Sapiens), Jared Diamond (The Third Chimpanzee), Nick Lane,Carl Sagan?

Please let me know if you have any :)

message 37: by Samadhi (new)

Samadhi (samadhirangana) | 1 comments Hey everyone! Is there a place to buy book merch in SL online or otherwise? If not is anyone interested in buying?

message 38: by Janith (new)

Janith Pathirage (pathirage) | 26 comments Looking for these 2 books by James A. Michener - "Tales of the South Pacific" and "Chesapeake". If you have them and selling please let me know...

message 39: by Tharindu (new)

Tharindu Dissanayake (tharindudissanayake) | 4 comments Samadhi wrote: "Hey everyone! Is there a place to buy book merch in SL online or otherwise? If not is anyone interested in buying?"

I believe if there is a reliable place to buy books online here in Sri Lanka, most readers will be interested in that.

Personally, I've found most of the available online book stores (most of which are regular book shops with websites which says they are providing online services) are not that responsive.

message 40: by Marriyam (new)

Marriyam Gunaratne | 1 comments Hi everyone
I am looking to purchase a second hand copy of The Divergent series. Any suggestions?