Hamilton Fans discussion

Discussion > Favorite Character?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Which character is your favorite and why?

message 2: by Mathil (new)

Mathil Pooracho (superparracho) | 24 comments I think my favorite is Lafayette
He's seems so friendly and is so upbeat
He's cool

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Ross My favourite is Eliza - I just really admire her for spending the rest of her life after Hamilton's death trying to protect his legacy and continue with things that she thought that he would commit to.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

John Laurens :: He overthrew his father's conservative influence and worked for liberal causes. In addition, he was gay in a time when that could get a person executed. Furthermore, according the code duello, he had no right to challenge Lee to a duel. However, he said that any member of Washington's military family had a right to challenge Lee for what he said. In essence, Laurens basically claimed Washington as a surrogate father. This is, in my opinion, rather adorable. There are, of course, flaws to Laurens -- that he was an absent father and husband and his treatment of Shrewsbury -- but throwing off one's father's conservative influence is a story that resonates and inspires me.

message 5: by Suzanna (new)

Suzanna Codd (suzannacodd) I mean I know it's basic, but Hamilton is my favorite because of all the things he did for America. He made as much or even more accomplishments for America than other founding fathers who were born there did!

message 6: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments My favorite character is probably Angelica. She gives up Alexander so her sister can have him and just really cares for her sister. Also, her whole, 'you want a revolution, I want a revelation!' bit is one of my favorite parts of the whole musical.

message 7: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Stone | 7 comments Laurens, Hercules, and Eliza

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Stone | 7 comments Because Laurens literally is the definition of a cinnamon roll and he's just the best. Hercules is a lot like me, and in my friend group we all love Hamilton, so we each have a character that we are, and Hercules is my character. Eliza because she's so forgiving and after Hamilton died, she kept his legacy alive.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My favourite character is Lafayette - just the mixture of the French accent and his personality had me as soon as I saw the musical.
But I also really like - probably to the surprise of some - Thomas Jefferson (the musical one, not the historical one). Just his cocky personality, his indifference towards Hamilton during ''What did I miss?'' and his attitude towards Hamilton in general: He and George Washington are the ones that actually (try to) stop Alexander from talking to much etc.
So yeah, Lafayette and TJeffs all the way~

message 10: by Rylee (new)

Rylee (theneverlandgal) | 11 comments Angelica is my favorite because I like her songs and that she really cares about Eliza, I am not like her much but I really like her personality. I also like Hamilton because he is very determined and writes a lot.

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison (xxmarionettesxx) | 3 comments My favorite character would most likely be Lafayette because I just real like how they portray him and I love France so like anything to do with France I instantly love! <3

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

How dare you, I can't choose!

**but I love Madison, Lafayette, and Jeff**