Mythical and Fantasy Roleplay discussion

The Biters and the Howling Night > The village of Vanar

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Bluewaterstorm ~ Skeletons ~  Evil and Sassy Girl ~ For a reason ~ To be known as a Legend ~ | 115 comments Mod
description

Where the night creeps up the so called Howl's by the village people roam and parade through the village without permission.

message 2: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever made her way into town. It was one of the few places she had never been before and it wasn't really impressing her. The most impressive part was that it was so secluded she had a hard time finding it. She walked around looking for a decent inn to stay in, fighting the crowd was a little bothersome.

((When is this set in?))

message 3: by The Batman (Reagan) (last edited Aug 08, 2016 10:12PM) (new)

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) (It's during the middle ages))

Cricket looked a around nervously as he took a seat on the sidewalk. This place gave him the heebie jeebies. The sky was an upsetting shade of gray and a cool wind blew between the buildings with an eerie whisper. Most disturbing of all were the howls in the surrounding woods.

Cricket began to tune his lute, alternating between humming and playing notes on his reed pipes to find the right pitch. When he was satisfied, he dropped a few coins on the cobbled stone beside him to invite people to leave a tips. He began playing a happy tune for anyone who would listen. They needed some cheering up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alabaster made his way through the crowd, pulling his cloak around his thin, hunched frame. He made sure to step lightly so as not to make any noise. As he walked behind one woman, he reached out his bony hand and slowly reached out to grab the leather coin purse on her belt. As his fingers closed around it, he whispered, "Thanks, Ducky!" gave a creepy little chuckle, and shrunk away into the crowd.

message 4: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((Okay that's what I thought. Well I'm going to go to bed! I'll be on and off tomorrow all day. Thanks for starting this with me!))

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) ((No problem!))

message 6: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever felt a slight tug at her belt and then a laugh. She turned just in time to see a cloaked figure merge into the crowd with her coin purse. She growled and ran after the thief. With her speed it didn't take her long to catch up.

She grabbed the hooded figure, spun them around, and then put her hand around their throat. "You tried to steal from the wrong girl." She said with a growl. She could feel her fangs come out and knew her eyes were burning red. She could tell what ever her hand was gripping was tough, so she squeezed harder.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster chuckled mischievously. ((Think Once Upon A Time's Mr. Gold)) His hood fell back, revealing stony gray skin and a hideous grin. "Oh. A vampire! How exciting!" He held up the coin purse with one hand and shook it. The coins jingled. "Looking for this?" Suddenly, he slipped from her grip and lunged forward toward her.

message 8: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "You gargoyles, always so ugly and pathetic." She said as she side stepped and grabbed his hood. She yanked him back toward her, this time grabbing his wrist and plucking the bag from his hand. "Why don't you be a little civilized and work for your money like everyone else." She said with a sneer. She had tried gargoyle blood before and it had been some of the most bitter and disgusting she had ever tasted.

"Now you better run along before I tear your throat out." She said as she looked down at him. Ever did not put the bag back on her belt. Instead she held it, to ensure that no one got ahold of it again.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster sucked his teeth and showed her the dagger at his belt. "I'd really like to see you try! Also, you're a vampire. What do you know of being civilized, Dollface? Why, instead of simply asking for your money back, you grabbed me by the throat and threatened to kill me!" He shrugged. "Also, you did so only after you got it back instead of walking away. So really, let's not play that game, hmm?" He laughed again.

message 10: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever's nails grew long and were as sharp as razors. "That's just it, I won't need to try at all. It would be easy to kill you. And you gargoyles are the uncivilized ones. At least I look normal enough to go out in public in the human world. You would be stoned the second someone laid eyes on you." Ever smirked. "Go ahead an stab me, not only will it not kill me but it also will not hurt at all. Honestly do you know nothing about vampires?" She asked as she rolled her eyes.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) "What if I were to stab you in the heart?" Alabaster asked with a nervous squeak. He started to squirm. "At least I don't eat people... That's hardly civilized at all... Just... just let me go. Here's your money." He dropped the coin purse on the ground.

message 12: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "We don't eat people, we just take their blood. We're not zombies. And a dagger to the heart won't do much good." She looked him over to make sure he didn't have a wooden steak on him. She didn't see any and she didn't smell any wood so she loosed her grip a bit.

This little gargoyle was pretty good at swiping things, after all he was able to get her coin purse off of her before she had noticed. "How would you like to stop being a thief? I could use someone to help me with my dirty work, and you will get shelter, food, and extra payment." She said with a smile. She could easily get what she wanted on her own, but that always damaged her reputation when she got spotted. But if he was the one getting caught her image would be fine, and she had plenty of money to support the both of them. "It won't be easy work and if your not up for it that is fine, but if you deny this offer now you will never get it again."

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) "Deal!" Alabaster squeaked. "Just let me go!" He clawed at her hands, trying to pull them away, and cursed himself for being so cocky as to bring attention to himself. Now he'd forever be the lap dog of this person. "Please, just let me go!"

message 14: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Good." Ever let go of his wrist and smiled. "Now you get to hold this, and lead us in the direction of a decent inn." She threw him her bag. It had nothing of value to him in it, just some dresses and trinkets. She made sure to secure her coin bag better this time and waited for him to lead. The night was starting to come to an end and even though sunlight didn't burn her it wasn't very pleasant to be in. It hurt her eyes and made her weak.

She planned on spending a couple of days here before moving on. She wanted to shop around a bit and see if she could pick up any work. Now that she had someone who knew the town it would make things a whole lot easier.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster gestured for her to follow and led her down a couple of narrow allies to a tavern called the "Blue Rooster". He swung the heavy oak door open for her. "Malady..."

The interior was well lit by candles hanging on wrought-iron chandeliers on the ceiling. Two long tables with benches stood on either side of an aisle. A faded blue carpet ran up the middle of it, leading to the bar at the far end of the room. To either side of said bar were doors that presumably led to the rooms.

Alabaster spoke. "What say, we get a bite to eat, eh?"

message 16: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever raised an eyebrow. "Funny." She said as she looked around. There were all kinds of different races and creatures about and she was feeling a bit thirsty. "Here, go get yourself something while I pick out my meal." Ever tossed him a gold coin, enough to feed five of him if that was how much he ate.

She looked about the room at all the people, trying to find one that suited her tastes. She spotted a fairy man and made a face. Most fairy blood was to sweet for her. She looked over more creatures. Werewolf, smell to bad. Nymph, they kind of tasted like dirt to her. Finally she spotted someone worth sinking her teeth into, an elf. Elf blood tasted the best to her. It was always so pure and well again, it made her even hungrier.

She walked up to the elf man, using her voice and eyes to lure him into a corner. The bite never hurt the donor, in fact it actually felt good to them. When Ever was done she licked the two little holes she had made and they quickly closed up, not even leaving a scar.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster watched in horrified fascination, then blinked and headed toward the bar counter. He was greeted by the barkeep, a bald-headed cyclops with one large yellow eye and a flat face. He smiled, a pair of tusks protruding from the corners of his mouth. "What can I do you for?" He asked polishing a glass. He seemed to be purposely showing off the elaborate tattoos on his shoulder.

Alabaster quickly ordered an ale, a thick slab of greasy meat, some bread, and a bowl of gruel, which didn't actually look all that appetizing, but that he hoped would fill his empty belly.

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 183 comments Mod
*stalks this conversation, weirdly intrigued by gargoyles*

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Lacey wrote: "*stalks this conversation, weirdly intrigued by gargoyles*"

You are welcome to join us Lacey.

message 20: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((Sorry I haven't posted! I've been moving! I'll try to post later today or tomorrow!))

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) ((Moving is hard. I had to do it last year. I understand. Take care!))

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 183 comments Mod
((Thanks for the offer:-) but I have s ton of RPs going on right now I wouldn't want to get too crazy))

message 23: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((I'm back!))

After Ever was done with her meal she walked over to the bar and sat next to the gargoyle. "So I already have a job for you." She looked around to make sure no one was listening in.

"I need you to grab something that was stolen from me. A necklace." The necklace had been stolen a couple of months ago and Ever had spent the whole time tracking it down. She had finally discovered it was in town.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) "Too basic." Alabaster shrugged, casually spooning gruel into his mouth. "Raise the stakes a bit, Doll! Who's the quarry, eh? The prey? The target?"

message 25: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Okay first, don't call me doll. My name is Ever. You may call me by my name or address me as miss or madam. Don't forget that I'm the one paying you so you will treat me with her respect." She got a little flustered toward the end but to a breath and calmed herself. "Second, the one who has my necklace is a very powerful vampire with many followers. They practicly act like his servants and treat him like a king. He always keeps the necklace on him in a pouch which is secured to him belt by a strong chain. Your job is to get the necklace back. I don't care how, or if he catches you. But you cannot tell him you were sent by me." She made sure to sound firm on the last part. No one could know that she was part of heist.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster grinned nervously. "Consider it done..." He resisted the urge to use a pet name or term of endearment. Instead, he let out a tiny squeak and a nervous, high pitched giggle. "Pray tell, where can I find this Vampire?"

message 27: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever was the surprised at the gargoyles excitement, but she was sure that he would not find it so exciting once fi he got caught. "He currently resided in the castle at the top of the hill that over looks the town. His name is Vladimir. You probably know him as Vlad the Impale." She glanced at him to see how excited he was now.

((Should I make him as a character or do you think I should just control him and not make a profile for him. Or you could control him. I was really just thinking about using him for this portion of the story but we could make him more involved with Ever and Alabaster if you want.))

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) "Vlad the Impaler? Count Dracula?" Alabaster questioned. "Is that really such a good idea? Wasn't he the first vampire?" He hated this plan immensely.

((I think it'd be cool to have a mortal enemy. Especially Count Dracula.))

message 29: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((Okay, I'll make him! Lol but I'm going to make him a little younger.))

"Yes, he also likes to be called Count." She sighed. "And he was indeed the first vampire." Ever wanted to say more but she felt that the extra information might make him doubt her.

"I already have a plan to how you will be able to snag the bag without him noticing." She said with confidence. "Because he is the first vampire he must sleep in a coffin inside a ring made of the dirt of his homeland. I am not sure why he only has to do that but it is part of his curse. He keeps the bag next to his coffin on a table. Here is where the problem is. There is always a guard standing watch over him when he sleeps and if you disturb the circle of dirt then he will wake." She paused for a moment once again to make sure no one was overhearing.

"So all you have to do is sneak into the castle, take out the guard, and snag the bag." She knew it wouldn't be that easy but she had confidence in him. If he could snag a bag from her he could snag a bag from the Count as well.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) "So you want me to steal from him while he's sleeping? Where's the risk in that?" Alabaster teased mischievously. "Do you know anything about the guard? What are we dealing with here? Zombie? Cyclops? Werewolf? Giant man bat?" He rubbed his palms together, his stony skin making a faint grinding sound.

message 31: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) The Gargoyle looked excited and this kind of annoyed Ever. Did he not realize how dangerous this task was? She rolled her eyes. "Vlad does not associate with anyone but vampires. And he especially dislikes gargoyles." Maybe saying that would make him a little more nervous.

She sighed. "And you can take whatever risks you want. As long as you get me my necklace. Don't under estimate him. he cannot be killed by something as simple as a wooden stake or some garlic." A memory came to Ever then but she quickly brushed it off.

((Do you think we should make a separate thread for his castle or just RP it here?))

message 32: by connie (new)

connie | 111 comments Gabriel sat in the bar watching the woman and the gargoyle. He couldn't hear their conversation ,but judging by their actions he could tell it was something devious.Emptying his drink ,he left some coins and walked over to them. "Haven't seen many gargoyles around these parts? You must be an exception."Gabriel stared at the creature with disgust and then eyed the woman warily. The light in the bar flashed off his ring ,so he lowered his hand.

message 33: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever looked at the man. He smelled musky and like a dog, and looked like trouble. She watched as he lowered his hand and caught the sight of a ring. It was hidden by the bar counter so she couldn't make out what was on it.

She smelled something else on him to. Gunpowder and, was that holy water? She looked him over again. He was dressed in dark colors and a large trench coat. Who knew what he was hiding in there. Ever said nothing but her eyes never met him.

message 34: by connie (new)

connie | 111 comments Gabriel felt the woman's eyes on him. "If you wish to know just ask." He turned to her and glared.He had had enough of impertinent women and their unspoken questions.He felt them hang heavy in the air yet they never spoke them to him,like he was an ogre or something beneath them. "I seek a person who goes by the name Vlad and I am told he dwells nearby.Now if you two citizens ,and I use that term loosely judging by you ..."and Gabriel sniffed at the gargoyle ."if either of you know of whom I speak I would like some information if you would be so inclined."Gabriel placed several gold coins on the bar at that point along with some silver and waited.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster put a hand on his dagger. He glared at this weird man with his yellow eyes. "You lookin' to start a fight, Vampire Hunter?" He made a guess as to the man's occupation based on his paraphenalia. "You won't be gettin' anything from me if ya insult me so."

((Isn't there a vampire castle thread?))

message 36: by Chelsey (last edited Aug 22, 2016 07:28PM) (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever laughed. "So you are the great Van Helsing." She stood and smoothed her dress. "The pleasure is mine." She curtsied before flashing a toothy smile at him. "I have heard of you. A man, but immortal. And currently on the hunt for Count Dracula. We might be useful to each other." She eyed Alabaster, warning him not to pull out his dagger.

"Why don't you sit." She gestured to the seat next to her. "And we can talk. Don't worry I won't bite." She said with a grin. Oh what luck she was having today. First someone who is willing to steal from the demon, and now someone to kill him afterwards. After this was all over Ever could finally live out her days in peace and worry free.

((Yeah I just thought he might get his own castle since he's the only one that lives there, but we could make it in the other castle if you think that would work.))

message 37: by The Batman (Reagan) (last edited Aug 22, 2016 07:46PM) (new)

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) ((His own castle makes more sense. The other one is pretty congested anyway.))

Alabaster reluctantly pulled his hand away from his dagger, his eyes still locked with Helsing's. "One wrong move, I swear...."

message 38: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((Okay I'll request to get one made.))

message 39: by connie (new)

connie | 111 comments Gabriel was suspicious of the woman as he sat beside her ,keeping his eye upon the both of them. Slipping gloves over his hands to hide his ring ,he ordered another drink. "Your dagger is of no use to you believe me beast. I noticed that the moon will be rising soon. I shall take my leave then. I do not wish to outstay my welcome." Gabriel gulped his drink without taking his eyes off the duo.

message 40: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Very well, but you should watch who you call beast." She eyed him. "I know where Vladimir lives, and I know you want to kill him. We can help each other if we play our cards right." Ever wasn't completely sure exactly how much help he could be but she was willing to try anything.

"He lives up in the castle at the top of the hill. Let my gargoyle here go to the castle first and grab my prize, and then the Count is all yours." She almost wanted to stay and enjoy the show, but it was to risky. Werewolves are almost uncontrollable.

message 41: by connie (new)

connie | 111 comments Gabriel glared at the woman. 'I do not need any help from the likes of this.As for you I know of what you seek and I know why. Now would you care for this back?" Gabriel handed the woman back the blade she had been carrying then turned to the gargoyle. "And you can have this ." He jabbed the dagger into the bar and stepped back to leave pulling his trench coat around him.

message 42: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) Ever rolled her eyes. She knew that it would take a lot more than a little werewolf to take down the Count. He had so many followers and servants, and they would willingly give their eternal life for him.

All she wanted was her necklace. But if Van Helsing was going to strike tonight, she had to make sure nothing happened to it in the fray. "Looks like there has been a change of plans." She said to Alabaster. "We must get the necklace tonight, before the moon rises." She started to head for the exit of the inn. "Dracula will be awake though so you must be very careful. You must find a chance to snag the bag off of him." Ever knew this was not going to be easy and it was probably not going to go well either.

message 43: by connie (new)

connie | 111 comments Gabriel waited outside the bar for the duo. He watched the clouds in the sky as they drifted.Soon the moon would rise and he would have to make haste to disappear or regret it . The necklace the woman sought was valuable yes but she didn't know why he sought Vlad. Nor did she know that Vlad knew he was coming for him.Gabriel pulled his glove off and looked at his ring . If only he understood why he needed to destroy Dracula so badly. His nightmares didn't help. He heard them before he saw them . Dracula's harpies were coming . And they were hungry.

message 44: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) ((Lol just like in Van Helsing! \'o'/ ))

When Ever made it outside she heard the terrible screeches. She looked to the sky and saw so many things. The first thing that caught her eye were Dracula's three wives. The second were his soul eating harpies. By the looks of it he had gathered a few more since she had last seen him.

Being Dracula's wife had it's perks. Like flying and having even better senses than a regular vampire. But the downside was that your stuck with the most evil being in existence for all of eternity. Ever could not let the wives see her. She could not let Dracula know she was here.

She quickly pulled the hood of her cloak over her head in order to hide her face. "I cannot be seen." She told Van Helsing. "The people here are doomed, leave them." She had heard the tales of Van Helsing the monster hunter. She knew that he was not evil like everyone thought

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster also pulled up his hood as he stepped outside. "Oh, this'll be fun... I always wanted to die fighting a trio of hags and their pet chickens." He muttered sardonically as he glanced at the sky. "Just so I know what I'm trying to find, could you describe the necklace?"

message 46: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "Well it looks like a necklace." She said sarcastically. Smiling she continued. "It has a pure gold chain with a ruby about the size of your nose hanging from it." She glanced at him and his decent sized nose. "It is very valuable, but only to the right creature."

She started to move into the shadows of the buildings. "We must hurry. If we can make it to his castle before the wives get back it will make things much easier." She grabbed the gargoyle by the cloak and dragged him along.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) Alabaster choked a bit, partly from Ever pulling on his cloak and partly out of disbelief. "Those are his wives? They look like they crawled from a sewer! You'd think a Count would choose brides that didn't look like... well, that." He gestured toward the creatures. He followed her to a ditch just outside the drawbridge of a tall gothic castle overlooking a cliff on one side and a desolate black forest on the other. "So, how do I get in? Front gate or that window?" He pointed to a window high up in one of the towers. It was round and had red stained. A pair of gargoyles sat to either side of it on a ledge beneath it. Their batlike wings framed the circumference. Alabaster could swear they were looking at him.

message 48: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) "The wives only look like that when they're flying. And I suggest you use the window. I will wait out here until you return...or until you get caught." She said the last part under her breath. Ever wasn't sure anymore how all of this would go.

((To the castle!! Awaaaayyyyy!!))

message 49: by connie (new)

connie | 111 comments Gabriel grumbled as he followed the duo. Dodging the harpies and the wives ,as he hid in the shadows was easy. Soon he saw the castle appear before him. An icy coldness filled him as he approached . This was now or never. The clouds opened and the moon shone down. Gabriel howled as never before.

(( See you at the castle.))

message 50: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (f3arvampgirl) By the time they made it back to the inn the sun was well into the sky and Ever guessed it was about ten. She could feel the tiredness set in that came with the sun. It felt like the life was being sucked out of her. "This must be what it feels like." She thought to herself. Blood would be nice right now, but all Ever wanted to do was get some shut eye. She could find food later.

She went into inn. It was just as bright inside as it was outside so she kept her hood up and shielding her face. She glanced around the room and noticed Gabriel in the corner. "He bounces back fast." She thought. She figured they could talk later, and made her way to the back. She gave the man at the counter some money and climbed the stairs to her room.

« previous 1