message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Author: John Gregory Hancock
Book: Roof
Genre: NA Dystopia
Book Rating: PG
Number of Copies Offered 5
Formats Offered: mobi, epub, PDF, audiobook
Any disclaimers regarding age range or triggers. nope, none.
Please comment with email address and format below.

Synopsis:

The world has hardened. Opportunities are few and dwindling. Society has changed, and not for the better. Every day robots and machines replace humans in the workforce, not just in the most menial jobs, but also throughout the cubicles of the corporations that dominate the cities.
Peter Harkness is one of the few humans lucky enough to still have a job, and works next to automatons all day long. How long will his job last? What secrets do the roofs of the city have waiting for him? Peter is left wondering who his allies truly are in this near-futuristic dystopian world, reminiscent of Asimov, Heinlein and the golden age of science fiction.

If possible, please post your reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.

All reviews should be completed and posted within 45 days after you receive your copy of the ebook.

message 2: by Brittany (last edited Jul 19, 2016 07:42PM) (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) mobi please, kiribear13@gmail.com. I have had this one on my TBR since 2014

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Brittany wrote: "mobi please, kiribear13@gmail.com"

Brittany, you're on it! ;) John will be sending you the book soon.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) Sounds awesome!

☆Stephanie☆ (teacherofya) | 43 comments Mobi please: starkightshine83@aol.com!
Thank you!!
Sounds good...I usually read YA dystopia, but this seems to have some really good reviews...I'm excited to check it out!

message 6: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments hi guys im in bed on a kindle right now but wjll get those to you tomorrow. typing horizontal not my forte lol!

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments Does anyone know what format I need to read it on a kindle

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) Beth wrote: "Does anyone know what format I need to read it on a kindle"
mobi

message 9: by Beth (last edited Jul 20, 2016 06:02AM) (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments Brittany wrote: "Beth wrote: "Does anyone know what format I need to read it on a kindle"
mobi"

Thanks. Does anyone know how many pages the book is?

message 10: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments Amazon says the kindle version is 113 pages.. I think it depends on how large you make your type.

I've gifted it to Brittany and Stephanie. 3 more to go.

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments Ok can I get it?

message 12: by Bridgett (new)

Bridgett Brown (bridgett1313) | 2 comments bridgettbrown1313@ymail.com mobi please

message 13: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments Stephanie check your email, the gift got returned to me as undeliverable.

message 14: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments bridgett your gift is sent.

okay, we can have two, maybe three more... or however many we want. :)

message 15: by Beth (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments bethkw@hotmail.co.uk

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) Thanks John, I just sent it to my kindle!

message 17: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments Brittany wrote: "Thanks John, I just sent it to my kindle!"

cool!

message 18: by Beth (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments It's not working because I cant find it on the amazon store to use the promotional code

message 19: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments Beth wrote: "It's not working because I cant find it on the amazon store to use the promotional code"
ah. I bought it for you, but from america I didn't notice your UK email at first, I'll try to do through UK but if I can't, I'll email you a file.

message 20: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments ok, I can't buy it for you because I don't have a UK account, so I'll have to get it to you over the next couple of days.

message 21: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments beth: I sent it to your email in physical form. Hopefully that will work. :)

message 22: by ☆Stephanie☆ (new)

☆Stephanie☆ (teacherofya) | 43 comments I never received a copy...starlightshine83@aol.com, mobi pls.
Not in my junk folder either...so idk what happened...

message 23: by ☆Stephanie☆ (new)

☆Stephanie☆ (teacherofya) | 43 comments Oh. I see I misspelled my email.
It's starlightshine83@aol.com...I typed too fast. My bad! Thank you!!

message 24: by Greg (new)

Greg Leaping (leapingbear) | 12 comments Hey Are there any copies left? If so I'll let you choose the format! My kindle addrress is gregrickman@kindle.com my Email address for an EPub is GDRSport@msn.com Thanks!

message 25: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments ok copies to stephanie and greg

message 26: by Beth (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments I've got it thanks

message 27: by ☆Stephanie☆ (new)

☆Stephanie☆ (teacherofya) | 43 comments I reviewed it, thank you!!

message 28: by Greg (new)

Greg Leaping (leapingbear) | 12 comments The Kindle wouldn't go thru, probably because I don't have you on my accepted documents senders list. Can you send me an Epub instead to GDRSport@msn.com

message 29: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments Greg wrote: "The Kindle wouldn't go thru, probably because I don't have you on my accepted documents senders list. Can you send me an Epub instead to GDRSport@msn.com"
I sent it to you as a gift (that I paid for) from amazon. you should be able to click a link in the email and download it to your kindle.

message 30: by Greg (new)

Greg Leaping (leapingbear) | 12 comments I've got it this time thanks! I was typing in the code wrong. whoops LOL thanks again

message 31: by ☆Stephanie☆ (new)

☆Stephanie☆ (teacherofya) | 43 comments I meant to say I received it, not reviewed it. Sorry about that. Thank you!

message 32: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments ☆Stephanie☆ wrote: "I meant to say I received it, not reviewed it. Sorry about that. Thank you!" haha I knew what you meant, unless you were the fastest reader and reviewer alive. :)

message 33: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 5 comments I would love to have this on audio
pagebypagereview@aol.com

Thank you

message 34: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments Cynthia wrote: "I would love to have this on audio
pagebypagereview@aol.com

Thank you"

just emailed you a code. :) sorry I was away from computer all weekend

message 35: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 5 comments I got it thanks so much, as soon as I finish the one I am on I will start this one.

Not a problem I was busy this weekend myself. Give me a few days and I will have the review posted.

Thanks again

just emailed you a code. :) sorry I was away from computer all weekend"

message 36: by Brittany (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) Do we have a review date that I can put on my calendar :)

message 37: by ☆Stephanie☆ (new)

☆Stephanie☆ (teacherofya) | 43 comments Yeah, very good question! Is there a review date pending so I can put it on the calendar?

message 38: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments hmmm... I don't know of a date that was arranged. It might be good to have the reviews up by beginning of November to coincide with the marathon, but anytime you are willing to do one, I'm happy. :)

Jennifer: I've given out five already. but you can find it on amazon. :)

message 39: by ☆Stephanie☆ (new)

☆Stephanie☆ (teacherofya) | 43 comments Thank you, John!

message 40: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments ☆Stephanie☆ wrote: "Thank you, John!" you're welcome

message 41: by Brittany (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) Thank you for the opportunity John. Extremely thought provoking. Reviews posted on Amazon & Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 42: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments thank you for the review!

message 43: by Brittany (new)

Brittany McCann (brittanylmccann) John wrote: "thank you for the review!"

No problem! Are all of your works short stories, or are others full length?

message 44: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments I have books that are technically novellas, like roof, Crawlspace and Mortuary Arts are longer about 50K words, but I do write concisely, like Vonnegut. I don't see the need to use 25 words when 8 will do. :) and I have short stories as well, plague of dreams, splintered dreams, etc.

message 45: by Beth (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments I've finished the book will post a review soon :)

message 47: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 18 comments thanks for you review.

message 48: by Beth (new)

Beth Kendall | 14 comments No problem

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Roof (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Gregory Hancock (other topics)