Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Frost Line
This topic is about Frost Line
Archive > *NEW Paranormal Book by Linda Howard & Linda Jones: Frost Line

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ A riveting, imaginative new novel of paranormal romance from bestselling authors Linda Howard and Linda Jones.

Lenna is Strength, a manifestation of the Tarot card, and powerful beyond reckoning. But when she's pulled into the human realm, tasked with protecting a young boy, everything is thrown into chaos. Lenna's not supposed to be here, interacting with mortals. She's definitely not supposed to be drawn to the sexy mercenary sent to retrieve her by any means necessary . . .

As a Hunter for magical beings, Caine's duty is simple: return this compelling, impossibly attractive woman—or eliminate her. Instead he's drawn into Lenna's dangerous rescue mission and blindsided by his growing feelings. But there is more than one enemy to contend with. And as the clock runs out, failure means not just the loss of an innocent life and the woman Caine has come to love, but the destruction of Lenna's entire world.

message 2: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments That book sounds so good. I have it on order.

message 3: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Jul 19, 2016 09:53PM) (new) - added it

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ I'm really hesitant after Troublemaker and I'm not really fond of LH paranormal books. I'll wait for reviews.

message 4: by Eve (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments I wasn't crazy about LH/LJ's Raintree: Inferno nor Blood Born, so I'm also waiting for reviews (probably get it from the library or order it from used books store).
Synopsis sounds interesting at least.

message 5: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 1121 comments Mod
I wish I could preorder it here, I've had my eye on this for weeks...I'm so excited!

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments I'm #2 on the hold list at my library. Should get it sometime in September. Paranormal is not a genre that I would choose to read, but I love and miss Linda Howard, so I'll read it just because she wrote it.

message 7: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I am ok with Paranormal, as long as it is good. I liked Raintree Inferno, didn't like Blood Born the first time I read it, but kind of liked it the second time. I want to get Warrior Rising, because it is still a part of this series. I have Frostline on order so we will see.

message 8: by Eve (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments I really like Paranormal IF its well written and has great plot. I really enjoyed Linda Howard's Dream Man and Now You See Her and I love to reread them from time to time.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ I love paranormal.. specificly vampires, I have my favorites authors/series and stick with them.

message 10: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments so do I Dorsey, but if they are well written and has a great plot I do like PRN

message 11: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't read enough Paranormal to say if I like the genre or not. Apart from the Twilight saga as a teenager, I've only ever read some paranormal trilogies by Nora Roberts like the Sign of Seven trilogy, the In The Garden trilogy (ghosts are also paranormal, right?) and I loved those. I've read the first Raintree book but don't remember what it was about. I tried reading Blood Born when it first came out but couldn't finish even the first chapter, though I think that's because I wasn't ready for LH to write about vampires then. I hope to get to it again sometime. :)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ The Twilight saga is what got me hooked on vampires!! I read a few series and stick with them.

When your ready to give them a try I highly recommend:

Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost
Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian
Half-Moon Hallow series by Molly Harper (very humorous too)

message 13: by Dee (last edited Jul 29, 2016 10:09PM) (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Hey Tanvi, I also want to recommend the Servants of Fate trilogy by Sarah Fine the books include Marked, Claimed, and Fated. They are actually quick reads. I swear I read each in an evening even though they are full books (not novellas)

BTW, I am also a fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, but they are thick books on the order of they Outlander or the Harry Potter series

message 14: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thank you so much for the suggestions, Dee, Dorsey! :) I'll see what's available to me here, though it's going to be a while before I can get into any of these series. I've just finished the Lunar Chronicles last month but I still have the following series/trilogies on my bookshelf, patiently waiting to be read since the last 3-4 months among others:
* The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas
* The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
* The Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor
* The School for Good & Evil trilogy by Soman Chainani
* The Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood
* The Chronicles of Ixia series by Maria V Snyder
I've also just last month acquired a copy of Outlander Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon and The Shadow of the Wind The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón and A Discovery of Witches A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness , all of which I'm so excited to read and unable to decide where to begin! I went completely bananas with my bookshopping this year! :p

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Welcome, enjoy your reads!! =)

message 16: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Wow you really are reading a lot. How is the writing coming?

message 17: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee wrote: "Wow you really are reading a lot. How is the writing coming?"

I was reading a lot, Dee, 6-7 books per month up till July (when I only managed to read 3 books all month) - feels like the beginning of a bad book slump - I have sooo many good books to read and I want to read them but I don't feel like reading much these days.. :(
Have been quite unwell the last month or so - fever everyday along with body aches and a lot of weakness - haven't been able to write anything more, either.

message 18: by Dee (last edited Aug 07, 2016 11:37PM) (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments That is terrible, Tanvi, but I can totally understand not wanting to write or read when you are not feeling good. Do you know what is wrong?

message 19: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

No, Dee, not yet. I went to the hospital last week, got a lot of tests done. Most were normal, one showed that my haemoglobin has dropped down again, it's 9.9 now. So that accounts for some of the weakness etc. But still no clue why the fever and body ache everyday. Will be going to another doctor in a couple of days.

message 20: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Keep us informed. I will keep you in my prayers

message 21: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Tanvi wrote: "Thank you so much for the suggestions, Dee, Dorsey! :) I'll see what's available to me here, though it's going to be a while before I can get into any of these series. I've just finished the Lunar ..."

I love Discovery of Witches and of course Outlander

message 22: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee wrote: "Keep us informed. I will keep you in my prayers"

Thanks Dee, that's so sweet of you. :) I went to a couple more doctors yesterday and they've prescribed more tests and some medicines. Again, they can't say for certain what has been causing the fever but they said low haemoglobin could be causing the fever, weakness, body ache and headaches. Or there could be some minor infection that my immune system has been fighting since a month or so and that has caused the haemoglobin to drop. It's kind of a cycle...let's see if it improves with the medicines. :)

message 23: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee wrote: "Tanvi wrote: "Thank you so much for the suggestions, Dee, Dorsey! :) I'll see what's available to me here, though it's going to be a while before I can get into any of these series. I've just finis..."

I am so very excited to read them!

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments I got Frost Line by Linda Howard this morning. Since paranormal isn't my favorite genre, this should be a reading adventure. My only hope it that it is better than Troublemaker by Linda Howard .

message 25: by Eve (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Anita wrote: "I got Frost Line by Linda Howard this morning. Since paranormal isn't my favorite genre, this should be a reading adventure. My only hope it that it is better than [bookcover:Troublemaker|2679..."

Look forward for your review, Anita.

message 26: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments me too, Anita

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments I have an ARC to finish, but I should get Frost Line started next week.

message 28: by Anita (last edited Sep 03, 2016 09:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments I am about 1/3 of the way through Frost Line Frost Line by Linda Howard . It is fantastic. I wouldn't call it paranormal, more fantasy. Great heroine and I've just met the hero. The story set up is heartbreaking and draws you in instantly. I started it before bedtime and ended up only sleeping 5 hours. That good.

message 29: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's great, Anita! Now I'm even more excited to read it! :)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments Much better than Troublemaker, but it does drag somewhat in the middle.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1610 comments I want to call Frost Line Frost Line by Linda Howard a fantasy mythology romantic suspense. I liked it.

My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 32: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I am so glad to hear it is good. I was so disappointed in Troublemaker.