Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > First Chapter of a Romance/Mystery

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by booksandpurls (last edited Jul 19, 2016 02:32PM) (new)

booksandpurls | 5 comments I'm looking for a beta reader that would read the first chapter of a romance/mystery story. It's a YA book with some romance and revolves mostly around an eighteen-year-old girl solving riddles. The riddles remind her of her past and also expose her to secrets. I would love it if someone gave me an opinion on it!

message 2: by Lulu (last edited Jul 19, 2016 03:30PM) (new)

Lulu Watson | 12 comments hello :) would you be willing to trade chapters?? I really need someone who doesn't know me to do it. I'm afraid I might get lied to if I have a friend read it lol. Its a romance/thriller and I used a situation I was actually put in to run with a story. are you over 18 and do you have any beta experience?

message 3: by booksandpurls (last edited Jul 19, 2016 03:35PM) (new)

booksandpurls | 5 comments Lulu wrote: "hello :) would you be willing to trade chapters?? I really need someone who doesn't know me to do it. I'm afraid I might get lied to if I have a friend read it lol. Its a romance/thriller and I use..."

Hi! I'm actually not over eighteen, and don't have much experience in beta but have critiqued a number of writing before. If you still want the critique, I will need to know how long the chapter is. Thank you!

message 4: by Lulu (new)

Lulu Watson | 12 comments its less than 3000 words and a WIP it doesn't get sexually explicit until later. I actually have written 33,000 word on this story but really want to know if the first chapter is catchy. how old are you?

message 5: by booksandpurls (last edited Jul 19, 2016 05:48PM) (new)

booksandpurls | 5 comments Lulu wrote: "its less than 3000 words and a WIP it doesn't get sexually explicit until later. I actually have written 33,000 word on this story but really want to know if the first chapter is catchy. how old ar..."

I'm thirteen. Although I'm much more mature than people my age, and I'm good at noticing mistakes and giving feedback.My chapter is about 2ooo words. If you still wish to continue, I have no problem. I have a full MS and wish to see if the beginning is catchy for readers.

message 6: by Lulu (new)

Lulu Watson | 12 comments Might be a little to young :((( i have teenage daughters and I won't let them read it. I don't want anyone getting upset with me for sharing a provocative story with a minor. I would like to see what you have if you want to still share. I read YA and maybe I could still be of help to you:)) if not I completely understand.

message 7: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 77 comments I would be happy to help. Send me a message anytime :)

message 8: by booksandpurls (new)

booksandpurls | 5 comments Lulu wrote: "Might be a little to young :((( i have teenage daughters and I won't let them read it. I don't want anyone getting upset with me for sharing a provocative story with a minor. I would like to see wh..."

I understand. I would still like your feedback. How do you want me to send you the pages?

message 9: by booksandpurls (new)

booksandpurls | 5 comments Zero wrote: "I would be happy to help. Send me a message anytime :)"

Thank you! How would you like me to send the first chapter?

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 125 comments I'll read your first chapter, Sally.
Send me an email at daniellemathison07@gmail.com