Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War by Mary Roach - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah K (uberbutter) | 90 comments Grunt The Curious Science of Humans at War by Mary Roach

Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War by Mary Roach
285 pages

★★★★

Author of books such as Bonk, Gulp, Stiff, and many more brings her latest book, Grunt. It tackles the science behind some of a soldier's most challenging adversaries―panic, exhaustion, heat, noise―and introduces us to the scientists who seek to conquer them. I really love Mary Roach’s books and this one was no different. It’s well researched and written. There are important subjects in here on US military that are often overlooked today but that Roach delves deeper into. And while these are serious subjects, the author puts her little bits of humor here and there – something she is so great at – without degrading any of the topic at hand. I won’t say it is my favorite of Mary Roach’s titles but it’s definitely a good, interesting, informative read.

message 2: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2287 comments Oh boy! A new Roach book is going on my TBR