Contemporary YA discussion

Wonder (Wonder, #1)
This topic is about Wonder
YA Books Made into Movies > Wonder Books into Movies

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod

I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.

August (Auggie) Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school—until now. He's about to start 5th grade at Beecher Prep, and if you've ever been the new kid then you know how hard that can be. The thing is Auggie's just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary face. But can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, despite appearances?

R. J. Palacio has written a spare, warm, uplifting story that will have readers laughing one minute and wiping away tears the next. With wonderfully realistic family interactions (flawed, but loving), lively school scenes, and short chapters, Wonder is accessible to readers of all levels.

Lionsgate’s is producing Wonder and it's loaded with stars and "it" guys.

Wonder stars Room breakout Jacob Tremblay as August Pullman.

Right off of Broadway's hottest show "Hamilton," Daveed Diggs is playing Mr. Browne.

Mandy Patinkin was signed on yesterday and his role has not been announced. Any guesses?

Julia Roberts... Isabel Pullman

Owen Wilson... Nate Pullman

Elle McKinnon... Charlotte

Noah Jupe... Jack Wills

William Dickinson... Eddie

Shooting started yesterday. The film is currently scheduled to be released on April 7, 2017.

What are your thought regarding the cast?
Do you think this book will translate into a good movie?

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 5 comments I really liked that movie