Outlandish Texans Page-Turners discussion

The Scottish Prisoner (07/16) > Chapter 5: What do you think Betty meant when she told Jamie, "I'll tell"? Does the scene with Roberts clear it up?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 26 comments Discuss...

message 2: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 26 comments I feel that Betty really meant the she would tell about William. Ladies maids were often closest confidants to those they were attending. She also went with Geneva to Ellesmere, and probably knew the truth about her pregnancy. I don't think she actually meant to follow through with it, though.
I think her telling Roberts that Jamie groped her was just a way to make Roberts jealous. I think that situation just kind of presented itself, and she jumped on it.

message 3: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments Well, when I first read this the first thing that popped into my head was that she was going to tell that Jamie had bedded Geneva, and so the secret would be out about William. But then Roberts confronts him about J taking "liberties" with Betty just to make Roberts jealous and she just did that to screw with Jamie's head.

message 4: by Mellissa (new)

Mellissa Hoskin | 30 comments I think she is getting a reaction from 'Jamie' with her threats and she likes it. She wants to control him in some way if she can't have it him. She could know everything or nothing at all!