Blogger Book Club discussion

8 views
Top 5 Favourite Books!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Naismith | 7 comments Mod
What's your favourite books? I know it seems impossible (choosing my top 5 is extremely hard), but let's get to know about each others likes through books!

I'll start...

I can't put them in order but my top 5 are:

Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse 5
Margaret Atwood - The Handmaid's Tale
JRR Tolkien - The Lord Of The Rings (all of them)
Shakespeare - Othello
Paulo Coehlo - The Alchemist


message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire Monaghan (claire182mon) | 6 comments Nice list. I currently have 43 books in my favourite shelf, so this will be hard. I'm going to go with:

Scott F Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire (again, all of them)
Yann Martel - Life of Pi
William Golding - The Lord of the Flies
George Orwell - Animal Farm


message 3: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Skywalker (yodasapprentice09) lOOKING fOR aLASKA- jOHN gREEN
i'LL gIVE yOU tHE sUN- jANDY nELSON
tHE rOSE sOCIETY- mARIE lU
tHE gONE sERIES- mICHEAL gRANT
cITY oF gLASS- cASSANDRA cLARE


message 4: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Naismith | 7 comments Mod
Claire wrote: "Nice list. I currently have 43 books in my favourite shelf, so this will be hard. I'm going to go with:

Scott F Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire (again, al..."


All of those books are in my list of favourites too, although Life of Pi was a bit meh in my opinion! The Great Gatsby was amazing, The Lord of The Flies and Animal Farm were incredible and who doesn't love a bit of Game of Thrones?


message 5: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Naismith | 7 comments Mod
Celeste wrote: "lOOKING fOR aLASKA- jOHN gREEN
i'LL gIVE yOU tHE sUN- jANDY nELSON
tHE rOSE sOCIETY- mARIE lU
tHE gONE sERIES- mICHEAL gRANT
cITY oF gLASS- cASSANDRA cLARE"


Great list! I've only read one of these (Looking for Alaska) but I thoroughly enjoyed this!


message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire Monaghan (claire182mon) | 6 comments Bethany wrote: "Claire wrote: "Nice list. I currently have 43 books in my favourite shelf, so this will be hard. I'm going to go with:

Scott F Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and ..."


I was looking through your read list and noticed that we'd read a lot of the same stuff! I discovered Life of Pi when younger and it helped me "figure out" my own relationship with God, so that's why it's one of my top books :)


message 7: by Bethany (last edited Jul 19, 2016 02:53PM) (new)

Bethany Naismith | 7 comments Mod
Claire wrote: "Bethany wrote: "Claire wrote: "Nice list. I currently have 43 books in my favourite shelf, so this will be hard. I'm going to go with:

Scott F Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
George R.R. Martin - A ..."


We msut have a lot in common then! Quite scary how much we have in common and we've never met...

That's amazing, I love when books can help you figure things out. Slaughterhouse 5 did that for me - it made me realise things etc (not about God though). It's weird how words can make you think so much!


back to top