2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Weekly Updates > Week 29- July 18

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
How the heck has it been another week?!! Omg! Lol so still nothing here! I may not make this goal unless I magically have MORE time to read with an infant here because apparently pregnancy means I have zero reading patience. Oy lol

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments How far are you away from meeting your goal?
I'm the opposite, I feel like now I have tons of time, desire and patience to read. Really looking forward to coming home and getting absorbed by a book.

Just starting reading a new book this week.A Good House

message 3: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments I finally (hurrah) finished Carnival For The Dead it was pretty average, which was disappointing as it is set in Venice, I city I love.

I also finished Girl, Interrupted for a book about mental health. I found it really interesting and at 169 pages it was a quick, easy read.

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
Mandy I'm barely halfway, I probably will end up finishing. it's not looking great right now but all it'll take is a week or two when I am feeling it and I'll get through a couple books a week.

And I loved girl interrupted! I'm glad you liked it, it was a quick read too.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) I'm finally fighting my way out of the reading slump from hell, and I finished Super Sad True Love Story, which may very well be the most depressing book I've ever read. Ugh. Not bad, but definitely not what I need when I'm trying to get back into the habit of reading.

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments Katherine wrote: "I'm finally fighting my way out of the reading slump from hell, and I finished Super Sad True Love Story, which may very well be the most depressing book I've ever read. Ugh. Not bad, but de..."

I had that on my TBR list but was unsure about it.
Struggling through books is not enjoyable. Glad you are clawing your way out. What's on your list now?

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments Tara I'm at 24 books out of 30 for the year. However I haven't been good at meeting my reading challenge goals. Need to start choosing books that fit in with my challenge. Oh well, that's future Mandy's problem :)

Good luck Tara!

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) Mandy wrote: "I had that on my TBR list but was unsure about it.
Struggling through books is not enjoyable. Glad you are clawing your way out. What's on your list now? "

It's definitely a good, well-written book, but you have to be prepared for depressing dystopian to really appreciate it.

Now, I'm in the middle of Cress and Challenger Deep. I started Cress forever ago, but wasn't able to finish it before my library loan expired, and I finally got it again. Challenger Deep I also just got from the library as an audiobook, and I'm really enjoying it on my rides to work and back.