The Mary Sue Books and More Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations & Polls > August graphic novel & Sept. book theme

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitafajitapitareada) Hey-lo Suevians,

Do you all want to do a short July graphic novel (next two weeks to read Lumberjanes) and then an August graphic novel to try to catch us back up to even, or do you all just want to skip the August graphic novel and pick back up in September with the Bookclub read? If yes, what graphic novel would you nominate for August?

Let me know what you think, and let's toss out some theme suggestions for the next book club nomination that'll be coming up in September.

Hope you're all enjoying your summer. Happy Reading!

Radclyffe U-Haul | 41 comments I could definitely read a graphic novel in two weeks. As for nominations, I really enjoyed Zodiac Starforce: By the Power of Astra!

message 3: by Terpsgrl32 (new)

Terpsgrl32 | 56 comments I second Zodiac Starforce!

message 4: by Anita (last edited Jul 27, 2016 10:47AM) (new)

Anita (anitafajitapitareada) Pigeonsquid wrote: "I could definitely read a graphic novel in two weeks. As for nominations, I really enjoyed Zodiac Starforce: By the Power of Astra!"

Okay,if we get any more nominations in before Monday we'll do an August graphic novel poll, if not then we'll read that one :)

message 5: by Ashwise (new)

Ashwise | 5 comments Ms. Marvel volume 1 for graphic novel

Radclyffe U-Haul | 41 comments Ashwise wrote: "Ms. Marvel volume 1 for graphic novel"

Seconded!

message 7: by Anita (last edited Aug 08, 2016 03:54PM) (new)

Anita (anitafajitapitareada) Ashwise wrote: "Ms. Marvel volume 1 for graphic novel"

We'll throw this up for September graphic novel nominations since we're reading Zodiac Starforce this month, but do you mean Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal, or Ms. Marvel, Vol. 5: Super Famous (because even though it's listed as Vol. 5, it lists as containing issues #1-#5; I guess it's a new run?)

Also, this thread is still open for September book themes or nominations if anyone wants to throw some of those out there.

Radclyffe U-Haul | 41 comments Anita wrote: "Ashwise wrote: "Ms. Marvel volume 1 for graphic novel"

We'll throw this up for September graphic novel nominations since we're reading Zodiac Starforce this month, but do you mean Ms. Marvel..."</i>

I definitely think we should start with [book:Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal
since the post-Secret Wars run is a pretty close sequel. There's also a hardcover with issue 1-19 (plus some other stuff) of the original run but it doesn't come out until November.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Zampedri | 152 comments Have we got any ideas for September's theme? I am unable to come up with any good theme at all this time, but I did recently read a book that I am DYING to discuss so if nothing else comes up how about September is just a book you really wish you had someone to talk about with type deal. (sorry that is just horrible grammar, but hopefully you know what I mean)

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitafajitapitareada) We could totally do that. No one has suggested any themes yet, so that's cool with me :) we can open up the book nomination thread any time really so that we have time to close a poll out before September.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.