Kindle Scout discussion

Short KS-URL traffic not showing up as page views?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 127 comments I was sent this article today, stating that traffic driven to KS via a short link doesn't count toward page views. The nomination counts but not the page view. So if your tweets have short links, they won't generate page-view traffic. Has anyone else heard about this?

https://stevevernonstoryteller.wordpr...

message 2: by James (new)

James Paddock (jameswriter) | 52 comments Interesting. That would certainly explain why I get no stats from Twitter where you almost have to use short links.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 127 comments Yes, I had some tweets created for someone with the short links also. I'm going to redo them with the long URL and see if it makes a difference.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 127 comments Ann wrote: "I have quite a few twitter short links showing up in my external link page view list, so those do appear to be counting for me (although I suppose I wouldn't see any weren't working - but certainly..."

Yes, someone on the KBoards said that his was showing up also. The article saying they didn't work was about 6-months old. Either the author just thought they didn't show up or KS has been updated so that they do. Still, I'm going to go with long links whenever I can.