Contemporary YA discussion

Story of a Girl
This topic is about Story of a Girl
YA Books Made into Movies > Story Of A Girl Books into Movies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod

Story of a Girl, based on the novel by Sara Zarr, is being made into a movie by Lifetime.

Kyra Sedgick will direct, while her husband Kevin Bacon is set to star.

When she is caught in the backseat of a car with her older brother's best friend—Deanna Lambert's teenage life is changed forever. Struggling to overcome the lasting repercussions and the stifling role of "school slut," she longs to escape a life defined by her past. With subtle grace, complicated wisdom and striking emotion, Story of a Girl reminds us of our human capacity for resilience, epiphany and redemption.

Filming starts in the fall with a 2017 air date.

This year to date, Lifetime has hired women to direct 30% of its movies and 40% of its scripted series episodes, according to the network.

What do you think about Lifetime making this film?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Every now and then Lifetime makes a good movie. "Dawn Anna" and "From Harvard to Homeless" are two of the best, in my opinion. I've also enjoyed the Nora Robert's adaptations.

I usually only watch the ones with the bigger celebrities or the better actors. I haven't read this book, but I might watch the movie. I do like Kevin Bacon, but I bet he plays the father and his role will be minimal.

Lifetime is a network for women they should have more female directors! Men should only make up a small portion. I do applaud their improvement.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
Molly wrote: "Every now and then Lifetime makes a good movie.
..."

I attended a leadership conference in 2008 and one of the speaker's was Liz. From homeless to Harvard was her story. That was one of the Lifetime movies I had watched, so I knew her story. She was a fabulous speaker! Very inspirational.

Lena | 299 comments Mod
this is one of the first contemporary ya books I read and to this day one of my favorites!

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (KarenLovesYA) | 36 comments I'll watch it. It sounds good. I like Lifetime movies. I often have them on over the weekend while I'm doing other things. It's better than watching the Kardashians.