Beyond the Stepping Stones discussion

☉ Earth ☉ > Los Angeles California

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) .

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 76 comments Mod
Solaris has not left the Earthly realm since his liberation of his prison. Sure, he opened up the pathways once more, but he could not find them. The doorways to the realms beyond Earth were unknown to him, where their locations were. Even if he was a god, and should be able to phase through realities with ease, he was still weak from his imprisonment within the sun.

He looked at her, then down at the flower. He smirked, A SUNflower, of course. He took it and flashed the girl a wide, blindingly white smile with perfect teeth. "Hello, I'm...Sol." He said, giving her a simple alias he created on the spot by omitting the last syllables of his name.

Solaris smiled softly, "And what name would that be?" He inquired. He was dressed like a homeless person. torn jeans, an old tan sweater, covered in link. He had stubble on his face, and a beanie, covering his lackluster hair, one shining gold, now a copper-bronze tone.

He smiled at that, the golden color returning to his hair ever so slightly. Solaris smiled, "It's a lovely name, it reminds me of an old friend." He said, the thought of Melody making him smile like an idiot.

He sighed, "I'm not sure. I've been asleep for so long now..." Solaris said. He shook the fog from his mind, clouding his thoughts, "Where are we?" He wanted to ask what world, but he knew he couldn't. The child probably wouldn't understand him.

He shrugged, "California? LA?" He said. Humans had come a long way since he'd been gone. He was impressed. Still, he only had seen one city in one civilization. His memories were submerged in a thick goop of prolonged sleep, he barely remembered Melody and his love. Had Osiris been freed as well?

Flowers kept growing around the girl, and Solaris knew she was no mortal. No human, anyway. "Ah, yes, Earth. I remember when it first began. With my...brother...and Mel." He said, with a soft smile on his lips, reminiscing before the war.

He chuckled, "There's no reason to be afraid, my dear. If my name was any indication, I am the god of light and the sun. I've been...away for a few centuries now." He said. "Ah, yes, Melody. She was with us, my brother and I. The first three."

He smiled at her, "I was...imprisoned. I wronged my love, and had children with another. And so I was...banished. Thankfully, there were other gods to watch over the worlds in my absence."

He paused, "Gods...we wander the worlds." He said, "Although this world was the first we made." He said with a smile, "The only other world I own is the haven Gaia made for our bastard twins."

He shrugged, "Well, it is a common name. And a term for music...?" He offered as an explanation.

"Worlds," He corrected her, and he shrugged. "I am still weak from my centuries long slumber. I can't do much in this state." Solaris said. "I wonder if my lover is yet freed from the moon, and if he'll forgive my transgressions. I only sought to protect my kindred, not start a war." Solaris' voice was sad, the thought of the brother he loved more than he should hating him made his heart heavy.

He paused, confused. What power could overcome a god's? This girl was clearly divine. He smiled softly. "Ah..." He exhaled. Peace filled his mind, instead of mourning his brother, he eagerly awaited their reunion.

He frowned, not liking how she suddenly changed her once calm disposition. "Are you alright?" He asked. He tried to stand, but his knees buckled underneath his weight. "Ah! Still weak!" He said, getting angry at his poor condition.

Solaris' body temperature was raised slightly, which always happened when he was angry. He sighed and tried to calm down, when he got really made, his hair would burst into flames, his eyes became like the sun, and lighting tended to manifest.

He exhaled once more, his body temperature lowering to a human's. He smiled at Serenity, "How do...you do that?"

"And the flowers?" Solaris inquired. He wondered if there was any connection to his old friend, given how she felt drawn to the name of Melody. He shook his head, Mel couldn't conceive a child.

He wondered if there was some way to know, but he had no idea what become of Melody after his insealment in the sun. "Interesting." He did believe there was a connection, if their names were any indication.

He shook his head, "Nothing important..." He didn't know for sure, heck, he didn't know anything. What good was speculation.

He sighed, "D-do you remember your family? Your....mother?" The Sun God asked.

He exhaled, "Damn. Well...it appears you...might be a demigod, a child of a divine." He said, gesturing to the plantlife, "It sure looks like it."

He smiled, "If so, you got Ichor in your veins, the blood of a god or goddess..." Melody, the goddess of balance, of peace, of serenity, he knew it just had to be true.

(I have no idea, but I'd venture gold? Or maybe there's no physical difference, you'd have to message Astra.)

He paused, Solaris never saw gods bleed before. He had no idea, and he just shook his head, "I...I'm not sure."

Taking a hard piece of brick, Solaris pressed it into his palm, causing himself to bleed golden ichor. "Ah." He flinched, the wound was the first physical wound he had in a long time, and it burned, hurting more than it should have, "Fucking hell!"

He gave a weak smile. "Your turn," He said, wanting to compare their blood, to see if she is a full goddess.

He looked stunned, looking at her in confusion. "Melody...is...that you," He asked. He had no other explanation. She couldn't have kids, as she wouldn't lie with another. And this "Serenity" clearly was connected to the Peace goddess is some way.

He looked at her warily, "Are you...sure?" There was something too familiar to his Mel to not be connected in some way.

Solaris merely shrugged, "I was asking you that..." He was a god, yes. But one with no answers. Upon his freedom, he was unconscious for years. He had to gather enough energy to be in this nigh mortal state, which took a lot.

He exhaled, "Nevermind." He said. The girl was confused and in turn was confusing him.

He rubbed his head, "There isn't much I can remember of her. Melody...she was kind...gentle. Beautiful," He said, with a look in his eyes that could be mistaken for a romantic love for Melody.

He paused, "You just...remind me of her. I'm not sure why, you two carry the same...peaceful presence."

The old god merely sighed, "I am sorry, I can't help you much further. As I said, I have no knowledge of the world for the past several centuries."

Sol sighed and looked at the setting Sun, his abilities growing weaker as the day drew to a close.

Solaris nodded and let the girl leave. He slowly made his way back into the alley and crawl into the cardboard box he called home. He opened his palm and concentrated. Flames danced across his hands. He closed his fist, killing the fire. "Soon." He whispered.

(She left, he went back to his hobo home and used his powers.)