Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2016 - Level 3 (Super Sleuth) > Creative Caprice's Cozy Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Creative Caprice | 5 comments The Plan: Read 15 of the first couple of books in cozy mystery series to see if I want to continue with them. Get a couple of recommendations for new series from other members' posts.

The Reality: Find a series I like and read every book in it while the others sit waiting. Think a gazillon series look good based on other members' posts and add indiscriminately to my already out of control lists.

message 2: by Creative Caprice (last edited Aug 09, 2016 01:42AM) (new)

Creative Caprice | 5 comments Cruisin' Thru the Cozies Challenge

Completed: 3/15

1. Dying in Style by Elaine Viets 07/23/16 **** Review
2. If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell 07/26/16 **** Review
3. Sweet Taffy and Murder: Sweet Taffy Cozy Mysteries Book #1 by Dana Moss 08/08/16 Review

message 3: by Creative Caprice (last edited Jul 25, 2016 02:05AM) (new)

Creative Caprice | 5 comments Dying in Style by Elaine Viets

Started: 07/17/16
Finished: 07/23/16
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: Here

For some reason I own Book 1 and Book 4 of this series. I don't remember how I came to own either, though I'm guessing I must have picked them up at the same time. It seemed like a good place to start, considering even if I absolutely adore Book 1 I'll need to buy Books 2 and 3 before I can continue with the series.

message 4: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Creative wrote: "Think a gazillon series look good based on other members' posts and add indiscriminately to my already out of control lists. "

LOL! Typical cozy-lover behavior. Welcome to the club.

Creative Caprice | 5 comments So I did finish Elaine Viets first book in the Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper series, Dying in Style and I really enjoyed it. (Review in post above if interested).

Which means I have effectively removed one book from my TBR list and added 9 more! Now I'm not sure whether or not to purchase the rest in paperback (since I own 1&4) or just to get them on Kindle.

And if I do get them on Kindle, should I also get 1&4 again so I have the whole series in one format... ugh!

Has anyone read this whole series and is it all solidly written? I was trying to keep only favorites in actual paper and Kindle the rest and it's too early for me to tell if this series qualifies...

I'm nearly through my next read, If Walls Could Talk which I actually bought for another club's BOTM (yes, still moving in the wrong direction!) and I'm liking it a lot too so that will be another 5 books added plus her other series...

So, I've now added 14 books to my TBR and subtracted... 2... hmmm....

message 6: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
Creative Caprice wrote: "So I did finish Elaine Viets first book in the Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper series, Dying in Style and I really enjoyed it. (Review in post above if interested).

Whi..."

Sounds like everyone's problem. You read one and then add 6 more to your growing list. Its a hever ending cycle. After looking at everyone lists I alwsys add more lol

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Creative Caprice wrote: "So I did finish Elaine Viets first book in the Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper series, Dying in Style and I really enjoyed it. (Review in post above if interested).

Whi..."

Sounds like my kind of math. LOL!

message 8: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Creative Caprice wrote: "So, I've now added 14 books to my TBR and subtracted... 2... hmmm...."

Ditto here.

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Dagny wrote: "Creative Caprice wrote: "So, I've now added 14 books to my TBR and subtracted... 2... hmmm...."

Ditto here."

LOL! :)

message 10: by Creative Caprice (new)

Creative Caprice | 5 comments I got a little distracted from cozies, but I did finish and really enjoy If Walls Could Talk and will definitely try to get caught up on the series.

I was also lucky enough to get a copy of Sweet Taffy and Murder: Sweet Taffy Cozy Mysteries Book #1 for review from NetGalley. I thought it was a strong debut, the characters were quirky and fun and the mystery kept me guessing. When the series continues, I'll certainly follow it.

Reviews are in the post above if interested. I am still moving in the wrong direction as far as reducing my TBR pile, but I'm finding lots of great books!