Assassins of the Void discussion

Bastillian > Sewers

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 868 comments Mod
description
Beggars and thieves often rally here to share spoils among the less fortunate.

Camilla found that the dark depths of the sewers didn't smell nearly as bad as the first few layers. There was a whole city down here lost in the wreckage. And this is where she found some of her more finely crafted bone charms, untouched by the grubby hands of time. It was true, she was rather superstitious, and by the outsider, did she hate the abbey. It didn't matter how much she believed in the spirit world, the abbey would never get to her with their scummy ways. She knew who they were, what kind of people roamed the ancient halls of that fortress there. Rapists. Murderers. No better than the common folk and natives that roamed the battered stone pathways, the nooks and crannies and the disregarded black market. They just dressed nicer. And that was about it. Entitled pricks, runnin around with rusty swords and funny lookin masks. As if they were a bunch of rich kids playin around in their mamas backyard.
Camilla spat to the side, a sign of disrespect on her part. "Fuckin overseers" she growled at the sight of a contorted mask, beaten and frayed at the edges. Sometimes stray overseers were dragged down here and beaten to death. Sometimes for no reason other than being assholes. In her voice, there were hints of an accent. But it was rustic and improper. That's because she'd been born in no man's land. The land of pirates. Her mother was a pirate. Her father was too. But you know, bird's gotta leave the nest sometime. They had a falling out long ago. Now they were separated. Though she hadn't had a harsh childhood, that didn't stop her from being tough as bricks. And smart as a fox. She had moxy. Something that somebody living in the middle of a place like Karnaca needed to survive.

http://www.darkincloset.com/591-1871-...
she's wearing this

message 3: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 320 comments Mod
The statue sitting in the corner stood out among the dirty pieces around her, clean and beautifully made. Still, she was just shoved back into the corner. After all, she wasn’t a well-known historical figure. There was no focus for what was simply believed to be a native of one of the foreign, Hispanic tribes. No one that roamed in these sewers was looking for art.
Her corner of the room was completely quiet. There was no movement; even the air surrounding her seemed still. The woman was small in stature, but still cut quite an imposing figure. Her dark gaze was narrowed and furious, permanently glaring at something that must have been in front of her once. Her lips were curled back in an almost feral snarl, only adding to her ferocious appearance. However, not all of her was fierce and angry.
Her hands were pulled up in front of her face, as if to defend herself. The long, dark braid of her hair was even stuck in the middle of movement, forever frozen whipping out, as if she had been turning around when she had been stopped. Half a dozen necklaces of what appeared to be real jewels hung around her neck alongside the braid, matching earrings hanging from her ears. Tribal tattoos with various animal designs weaved through them snaked up and down her dark skin, winding around her arms. Some were visible on her bare stomach under her obviously real leather vest, and down her legs in the rips and shreds in her matching mid-calf skirt.
The woman was beautiful, incredibly realistic. If not for the lack of movement, breathing, and heartbeat, she could have been real.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/...

Camilla kicked a bone along the watery stone ground, her trenchcoat flowing backwards as she walked. She often came down here for peace, considering she was a wanted felon in most of Serkonos. Though amidst the dark, abandoned room, she found her gaze wander towards a breathtaking marble statue. Almost immediately she turned and directed herself towards it, stopping less than a foot away. It was slightly taller than herself. And now that she was closer, she realized, she didn't actually know if this was marble at all. But that didn't matter, what did, was the jewels dangling from its neck. She smiled wide and strung her hair up under her hood, looking a bit less feminine as it arched over her, casting a shadow over her face. This coat had always given her a rather mysterious vibe. She liked that. It kept people interested.
"Mmmm .. what do ya got there love?" She purred out, reaching forward with a gloved hand to retrieve the valuables.

message 5: by KT (new)

((I'm just going to make it painfully unrealistically easy to wake her because I don't know how to do another post with a non responsive character and I don't want to deal with bullshit of trying to come up with an actual way lol))

The instant her hand brushed the jewel, the statue shuddered just slightly. At first it was just a slight movement in the chest, a very faint murmuring sound as a heart reluctantly began to shudder back into movement. Then a slightly larger, though still slight, rising and falling with breath. All of the sudden the statue's dark eyes shifted to the side at Camilla, and all at once her hand shot up and caught her wrist, her grip like iron. But it only lasted a split second before the former statue's eyes widened and she fell onto all fours, coughing violently. With each cough, a gray cloud of dust rose up from her lungs, and she almost frantically sucked in deep breaths.

<< we could say that she was awoken by someone "worthy" to be her servant or something >>

Camilla pulled her hood on quickly and strapped the front of her coat to hide the rather prominent definition that was her chest. However the coat laid on top of it, which, combined with the binder, really helped in hiding that whole problem. She narrowed her eyes, and with a lower voice, distinctly deeper, she promptly flipped the fuck out, "HOLY SHIT" she shouted, stepping back and nearly stumbling into a puddle of muck and who knows how old rat crap. Luckily she didn't. She cleared her throat, "You okay lady?" she demanded huskily.

message 7: by KT (new)

The former statue coughed, more dust floating up. It wouldn't be pleasant for a while, a long while most likely, but she wouldn't die from it. After all, she was immortal. After a moment she manage to catch her breath, slicking her dark hair back from her face with a hand. Tilting her head upward to stare at the boy in front of her, her eyes narrowed. She rose to her feet, staring down at him, eyes narrowed. "Where am I?" She demanded, taking a step forward. "When am I? Who are you? Where are my people?"

Camilla stepped back, eyes narrowing as well, though both being hidden by the shadow of the hood. She cleared her throat, "Dawson" he said simply, eyeing her up and down.
Maybe now wasn't the right time to say it, but she was really hot.
"You're in a sewer system in Karnaca." she added, keeping her voice steady.

message 9: by KT (new)

"Where the fuck is Kanarca?" She demanded, folding her arms. Obviously, she was not pleased with the situation. After all, she had been frozen in time for... How long had it been? "What year is this?" She insisted, stepping forward again. "How long have I been asleep? Where are my people? I want to see them again. Where are they?" She asked, increasingly desperate.

Camilla quirked up an eyebrow. This lady was fucking insane....

But those jewels were very nice.

She cleared her throat as manly as she could before also folding her arms and tilting her head. "1896" she retorted. "I don't know who your people are. I'm just making my way to the black market. Who the hell are you?" she demanded, furrowing her eyebrows.

message 11: by KT (last edited Sep 02, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

She gasped slightly, biting her lip as she stared back at the guy. "I am Soledad Tefia Cintia Calixto. Queen of the Muisca tribe." She said flatly. "And I have been essentially dead for hundreds of thousands of years." She said flatly, running a hand through her hair. "I believe it is safe to assume they do not exist anymore." She swallowed hard, managing to stay composed despite her obvious anguish.

Camilla stared at her. And all was silent, excluding the sound of droplets of water dripping along the stone walls. Or the occasional splash every now and then. "You're fucking crazy." she finally muttered in reply. But oh dear, did she want those jewels. She tilted her head down a bit, "I want proof." she added.

message 13: by KT (new)

Soledad raised one perfect eyebrow, glaring at her. "Excuse me? you have no gold, no jewels, no headdress. Obviously you are not a highranking member of your tribe. I do not need to explain myself to someone like you." She snorted, looking away. But despite her disdain, Sol was not stupid. The guy had no reason to lie, so she knew that there was no way she would be able to survive in a futuristic city. So she paused. "Besides, how do you expect me to prove it? I can prove I'm magic, but that does not prove my royalty, time, or my divinity."

Camilla stared at her boredly, "I don't really care if you're a queen. Cause you're not. You were a queen. Now you're just a lowlife. I'm not asking you to prove you're magical. Or that you're royalty. I'm asking you to prove to me, why I should stand here, and listen to you jabber on about your importance. Prove to me why you're worth my time, and I might just be able to help you princess" she replied coldly.

message 15: by KT (new)

"What makes you really think I'm a lowlife, Dawson?" Soledad tilted her head to stare back at him, her gaze suddenly ferocious. "Jewels have always been worth a lot. That probably haven't changed. I will be regain a high position. Besides..." She smirked slightly, looking down. She ran her hands up and down her arm, and a wolf tattoo ran go and down her arm, capering around. "People have always had a certain respect and or fear for magicians. And I'm not a princess. I'm a queen." She said fiercely.

Camilla quirked an eyebrow, "Yea sorry, that's not gonna cut it. I could easily go and steal some gems from the natural philosophers of Serkonos, but I don't, cause believe it or not, gems aint worth that much around here. You gotta know where to sell em, and how to get there. And anyways, I ain't afraid of a magician, or a queen. You ain't queen. The Empress rules, Emily Kaldwin." she explained, stepping back once more. "But uh, how bout this. I'll help you, if you help me." she smiled faintly, "I want those jewels. That's all. And if you give me them, I'll get you somewhere in the city where you can build up a following, and take back some power. Don't matter what you do, you ain't gonna be more powerful than the empress. But you can still call yourself queen and pretend like you matter. How does that sound?" she questioned.

message 17: by KT (new)

"If they were actually worth nothing, you would not want them." Sol snapped, her hand going up to the jewels around her neck. Then her hand went down to the front of her vest. She stuck her hand into her pocket, removing another handful of gems. She concentrated for a moment, and the gems gradually melted together into one larger one. She twirled her finger around it in a circular motion, and as she did the gem shifted forms. Different petals split out, and after only a moment, what was before half a dozen small gems was one large, perfect diamond shaped as a rose. "Oh, I do believe I can figure something out. Cut out the middleman." She stared back at Dawson fiercely. "I am a goddess, not a magician. Your offer was one sided in your favor, and I have no need for it." She shrugged, gently closing her fist over the rose.

Camilla knew at that very moment, she was dealing with someone fierce. Someone bold. So she'd have to be just as bold. She suddenly stepped forward and poked Sol's chest quite harshly, "Do you have any idea where you are?" she demanded suddenly, not getting too close though. "You are in the slums of Karnaca, the most dangerous city in the isles. You may be a magician, but so are half the people in this city. You think you can just do some smoke and mirrors shit and you'll magically know how to fend for yourself? I've lived here my entire life. I know what I'm doing. This place is big, and you can't trust anyone. What, you think you can just walk out there with a big ol jewel hanging from that neck of yours?" she smiled, "So pay me, and like I said, I'll help you out. Am I sketchy? Hell fucking yes. But do you have much of a choice? Not really." she shrugged, "I'll let you crash at my place, you can just, scope out the town a bit from there. Get your shit together. Like roommates, hell I'll even let you call me your butler. As long as there's pay, I can get you to the top of the food chain, princess" she hissed.

message 19: by KT (new)

"I was a queen of an ancient tribe. The magicians didn't like me. So they tried to kill me all the time. I am used to killing people. I can defend myself, I do not need you for that. I was a target in a violent society." Sol snorted, shaking her head. "I have ripped people's beating hearts out of their chests. I do not need a babysitter or a body guard." She insisted, dropping the newly made gem back in her pocket. "If you really want any of my gems, you are going to listen to me. You are going to believe me, and you are going to do what I say." She demanded. "And if you turn on me, if you try to hurt me, if you steal from me, if you call someone else in to help you, I swear I will kill you as well. Or as probably scares you more, I will cut you off from the gems."

That's basically what I just said lady she thought, clearly annoyed. However, she wasn't going to let those gems slip through her fingers. She knew what this dick wanted. She wanted to be recognized. To agree to the deal, but to do it in her way. As if she had come up with it herself. What a bitch. Camilla didn't hesitate though, kneeling and smirking, "Fine your majesty." she said simply.

message 21: by KT (new)

"You may refer to me as Soledad, or Sol. Now. I should be able to get us a quicker exit." Soledad mused, pressing a hand to the side of the tunnel. Nothing happened. Sudden realization dawning, she tried harder desperately. Again, nothing. Except a flower that popped up through her fingers. Of course, she was a queen and used to internalizing things. She'd done it so far. But the loss of her powers was the straw that broke the donkeys back. With a cry of outrage, she flung the flower down the hallway type. "They did it." She said softly, still facing the wal away from Dawson. "He fucking did it. He took my powers too." She stared down at her hands, her entire body trembling slightly. She'd lost her people, her position, anyone she loved (especially the one who froze her here), any respect or dignity she had, her legacy (obviously since she was own in a sewer no one cares about who she was), hundreds of thousands of years of time, and now her powers all at once. Obviously, the poor queen was absolutely destroyed.

Camilla smiled wide and let out a satisfied chuckle. Broken people were easy to control. "I know a quicker way" she replied as she turned down the hall Sol had thrown the flower down, continuing forward and ever so subtly grabbing the flower, "So you comin or not queeny?" She questioned.

message 23: by KT (new)

Sol took a breath, straightening her shoulders. She picked up on Dawson's chuckle, and that only made her spine straighten more. She was not going to allow someone to take advantage of her anguish to use her. "Sol. And yes." She said flatly, following after him. Looking down at the ground, she quickly noticed that the flower was gone and she raised an eyebrow as she stared back at Dawson, eyes narrowing slightly.

Camilla felt eyes on her. Sol had noticed. Good.
In reality, she didn't know how she felt about this. Sol inhabiting her home. She'd have to set some ground rules. She couldn't have Sol knowing she was a girl. She couldn't have anyone knowing her secrets, which she had admittedly, a lot of. She gestured for her to follow and snickered deeply, "I like Queeny more. Fits you" she teased.

message 25: by KT (new)

"Why do you have need for flowers?" Sol mused, raising an eyebrow. "A special little friend?" She questioned, but finally she sighed. She would have to live with this person, it was best that they at least get along. And reluctantly, she was grateful for the assistance. So she didn't argue the nickname, and she concentrated for a moment, looking at her hand. A rather gorgeous bouquet of flowers grew in her hand, which she handed off to Dawson. "Here. For your friend." She said flatly, pressing them into his hand before striding forward and past him since there were currently no branch offs in the tunnel.

Camilla stopped in place and stared at the flowers silently for a few moments before continuing forward alongside her. "One thing Queeny, I ain't got any friends. Let's just get that all sorted out before we continue. Good? Good." she replied before striding forward.

<< I'll make her house topic >>

message 27: by KT (new)

Sol snorted slightly. "I'm sure you don't." She rolled her eyes slightly. "I would have told anyone the same thing in my time. It is to the advantage to not have friends, but extremely difficult. It is human nature to be with other people." She shrugged, beginning to unbraid her hair. "Being without people would have kept me from being frozen. But even I grew to need people and consorts. It got me this." She waved a hand around.

Camilla reached the end of the tunnel and stared at Sol, the hood still shielding her face, even in the dull light of the night city. "Yea? Well I ain't human." she replied calmly before continuing onwards towards her apartment.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
(You wanna post here next post or shall I? >>

message 29: by KT (new)

Sol laughed, shaking her head. "And you think I am? Spend enough time among humans, Dawson. The longer you do, the more like them you become. It will be the undoing of many of us. It was mine." She shrugged.

((You))

<< posted >>