Assassins of the Void discussion

Karnaca > Black Market

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 868 comments Mod
description
Located within the depths of the city, only accessible via sewer routes, where illegal products are sold and bought, or event traded, and contract killers are contracted.

message 2: by ƘΔΘЅ (last edited Jul 29, 2016 09:54AM) (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez ran a hand through his hair was he exited the sewers, sighing heavily at the boring scene around him. Illegals selling illegals. He strode into the market, buying his own array of illegal items and hiding them away into his pockets of his beloved jacket. His eyes, a bright red, scanned the shops of the darker part of the market, looking for anything else to catch his fancy. After awhile he grew bored, leaning in a secluded corner and thinking about what he had planned for later that night. He was planning on killing three other politicians, whom were, in his opinion, getting to cocky for their own good. Ez took a last look around before heading towards the shops again, where he knew the politicians would be doing "Bussiness" of their own.

<< Ill reply when I get on my computer

message 4: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments ((coo))

<< I'm using Theddeus https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/... >>

Theddeus was a regular within the black market. Overseers were supposed to be enforcing the law, but it seemed that all he was good at was breaking it. In hindsight he probably should have realized that there would be other politicians scaling the area like hungry panthers grazing over an open field full of tender gazelles. Predators, naturally. Nobles were exceptionally good at turning any spectacle into some kind of sick, sadistic competition. Though Theddeus wouldn't really call it that. Competitions usually weren't rigged. Nobles always won the good stuff. They always had the most money. They were never prosecuted for handling black market items. Or really even being seen in a place like this. It only really slandered their reputations. And not by a large margin, seeing as the majority of high ranking officials were known to visit this land often. Many even worshiped The Outsider in hopes of gaining his favor, and earning riches beyond belief.
Fortunately Theddeus was one of those nobles. The son of the previous high overseer who'd been assassinated by a vampire. The only known member of the overseers that was also cursed with vampirism. His crimson orbs wandered from stall to stall, studying the passerbys, and the merchandise on sale. Everything from runes to bone charms and even human body parts were on sale. And nobody asked questions. Which was the best part.

message 6: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez gazed down at the body of one of the newest murdered politicians, wiping his hands together as he left the small stall he'd killed him in. Slowly he headed down the slim alleyways, his eyes alert for any other nobles who would be nice to just wipe out here and now as well. He stopped in the middle of the path, humming as he gazed around.

Theddeus sniffed at the air and smirked to himself, his eyes narrowing before stopping directly on Ez. Nobles had a certain smell to their blood. A scent that separated them from the rest. It was incredibly distinctive, probably because they didn't come from Serkonos, they usually haled from Gristol. Dunwall was a common noble land as well. And right now, that scent, it painted the hands of that lovely little pedestrian right over there. And that made him interesting. Theddeus liked interesting things.

message 8: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez didnt seem to find anything or anyone that suited his fancy, striding into a shop that sold what looked like little amulets with varying symbols on them, dissappearing behind a shelf.

He paused, having felt the others gaze. He smiled calmly, maybe hed have an exciting night after all. He glanced through the amulets boredly, listening and waiting for any sign of the one who'd been watching him.

Theddeus studied him closer, eyeing the way he moved, where he looked, his posture, and even his dominant hand. Taking note of everything he could before he moved in, assuming he'd already been noticed by the way Ez had tensed a bit earlier. "Kind of strange a nobleman would come to such a dangerous place alone" he purred from behind him, keeping a distance of about a foot.

message 10: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez paused at the voice, not recognizing it. He turned and glanced back at him. He looked so different at night it was a surprise he could be recognized as a noble,"I dont know what you speak about." He drawled boredly before picking up a necklace,"Kind of strange for you to talk about yourself in third person." He retorted.

Theddeus let out a laugh at that, furrowing his eyebrows. The expression he wore made him look like a sadist. And that's exactly what he intended on. "You aren't kidding anyone. Especially not a creature of the night" he barred his fangs before giggling to himself, "What, do you come here to kill people for fun? Or is that a side job?" he questioned.

message 12: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments So. Creature of the night. And he knew what hed done? But not exactly who he was. Ez shook his head,"Annoying. You. Wasting my time." He sighed and brushed past him and out the door, his face blank as he fixed his coat. A vampire. Great.

Theddeus followed him rather closely. Possibly uncomfortably close. "Wasting your time? Says the one perusing through jewelry stores when he should be eliminating his targets~" he teased, snickering.

message 14: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez stopped in his tracks. This pesky idiot knew too much. Slowly he took a deep breath, turning to him,"You know, I prefer you call it... "Creating possibilities" instead of "eliminating targets." He growled, scanning him for weaknesses obvious to the eye,"What business do you have with me?" He demanded.

((Gtg))

Theddeus narrowed his eyes, "Oh? So you are a contract killer. I didn't know that" he teased before smiling. "I don't have business with you. I'm just intrigued by you" he retorted.

message 16: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments "Sure... call me a contract killer." He sighed finally, glancing him over,"And you are... nobility... but also a vampire... oh. The high Overseer's son?" Hr asked, tilting his head and lazily sliding his hands in his pockets.

Theddeus was wary of that movement. He didn't know if it was a normal mannerism. And he wondered if there were anything in the boys pocket. "Bingo" he smirked. "So you aren't as stupid as the other nobles that come out here. I'm impressed" he said sarcastically.

message 18: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments "Dont be. Being impressed with something means you dont expect much of it." He purred,"And you should expect more, out of me." Suddenly, he threw something hed pulled from his pocket onto the ground, causing an explosion and blinding light to seperate them. He used the coverup to his advantage, heading away quickly to try and get rid of him.

Theddeus only appeared in front of him, his foot quickly moving forward and making impact with the boy's chest. "You should make your movements move discreet" he said simply. "I am trained in royal combat. I know what to look for" he taunted.

message 20: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments He grunted in surprise, stumbling back faintly before taking a deep breath,"You annoy me... so why dont you just go find another toy?" He growled in annoyance, his eyes glowing

Theddeus giggled faintly before turning to him and shrugging, "Because I like you" he said simply.

message 22: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez felt a pang of annoyance, his jaw clenching. He hated when someone spoke to him like this... He couldn't explain it, but he hated it. He popped his neck,"I like me too." he replied simply before sighing softly,"I am going to ask this once. Please, Leave me alone to attend to my business. I am a very busy person."

Theddeus raised an eyebrow, nodding, "Oh yes, incredibly busy, it's obvious" he said sarcastically before sighing, "The black market is the worst place to kill politicians. See, if you do that, well geez, that's going to make the black market look... like it's becoming an inconvenience." he smiled devilishly, "Where else would you buy those fancy explosives. Killing your targets here would be stupid." he explained.

message 24: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez hummed faintly,"But If I am the one who exposes the black market... saying politicans are murdered here... and their murderer never found, I'll be a national hero if it gets taken down... I'll rise in power." he purred as he stepped closer to him, a haughty smirk on his face.

Theddeus remained smiling, suddenly appearing behind him in a whirl of shadows, "But if you do that~ You'll be hated by all" he whispered, "I wonder how many people would put a price on your head. And in an age where men are marked by a god who wishes to see the downfall of the noblemen, do you really want to draw attention to yourself?" he questioned before returning to his spot in front of him. "But, you know, you do you" he snickered.

message 26: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez furrowed his brow faintly and tilting his head back,"I dont fear their idiotic god." He replied simply as he ran a hand through his hair. This one was more interesting than most. This one seemed smart. Finally, a smart noble. A challenge.

Theddeus watched him, folding his arms and smiling, "Oh? You don't fear him? You should, because-" he suddenly rose a finger up in a dramatic fashion, his expression going serious, "There is nothing that keeps men at any one moment out of the cold and shivering Abyss, but the vigilance of the Abbey" he busted out into laughter, giggling to himself. The Abbey was a joke. At least in his eyes.

message 28: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez blinked at his dramatist act, his brow furrowing in confusion for a second at his laughing,"...Whatever makes you happy." He stated in a bored fashion, suddenly turning on his heel and heading away, planning on ignoring him completely and buying more things.

Theddeus followed, "You really aren't the biggest conversationalist" he said boredly, glancing down at his behind and smirking before smacking it harshly and stepping away, "But you have a nice ass" he commented.

message 30: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez was completely taken by surprise, swinging around and punching him harshly in the fast at surprising speed. Noone had ever done such a thing to him! It was insulting!

Theddeus stumbled back, cheek bleeding as he laughed, "Feisty" he licked his lips as the wound healed, "I like it" he teased as he stood and dusted himself off.

message 32: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez noted how his wound soon vanished, growling under his breath. Couldn't easily kill this one. He clenched his fist again,"Do not touch me you pathetic SCUM." He growled, his eyes bright in anger.

Theddeus tilted his head, "Funny you'd say that, considering who you are, compared to who I am. A little ironic" he giggled as he wiped the blood off of his cheek.

message 34: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments "Compared to... I am above you in all ways except status." He growled, doing his best to hold himself back as he glared at him,"And you, being as pathetic as you are. Know it."

Theddeus laughed out loud, giggling like a school boy, "Oh you really are quite the haughty little bitch aren't you?" he rolled his eyes, "Honestly, when are you going to stop playing edgy teenager, and start playing realistic adult?" he questioned, narrowing his eyes, "It's getting kind of annoying don't you think?" he asked.

message 36: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments "You are getting annoying." He snapped, suddenly lunging forward at him and sliding a knife from his back pocket, thrusting it at his neck and ducking at the same time, a twin knife aimed for his stomach.

Theddeus grabbed both of his wrists at lightning speed, staring at him blankly, "That's a little rude, don't you think?" He questioned before standing at an equally incredible speed and whirling Ez against the brick wall. He raised an eyebrow, "I'm a vampire. You're gonna have to try a little harder than that" he dropped Ez, glaring down at him.

message 38: by ƘΔΘЅ (last edited Jul 31, 2016 04:11PM) (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez grunted and his eyes widened at his speed, cursing richly as he rubbed his wrists,"You... Ass," he kicked forward, flipping himself to his feet at the same time and throwing one of his daggers with deadly accuracy to his stomach.

Theddeus let it hit him this time, sniffling and soon pretending to cry, "OH NOOO WHY WOULD YOU STAB ME!?" He whined as he collapsed, continuously stabbing himself with the same knife, reaching up and licking the blade, blood painting his cheek. "OH THE TASTE OF BETRAYAL" He whimpered.

message 40: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez stared down at him, completely.... dumbfounded. He slowly just shook his head, sliding back down to sit by the wall, rubbing his face. He was so angry... he wanted to tear this dolt apart... but he couldnt.

Theddeus smirked, tossing the knife to the side, watching it topple away as his wound healed. "That was rude" he said calmly.

message 42: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments "Well I certainly didn't mean to be fucking nice." He growled, glaring up at him as he clenched his fists. He quickly looked back away, cursing richly under his breath before growling,"You've had your fun. Leave me be."

Theddeus stepped forward and tilted his head, "Oh no. No no. I haven't had my fun yet." he grinned and moved with the shadows, pinning the other against the brick wall, "Some come to buy, some come to sell, I come to eat" he said as he barred his fangs. "You've got moxy kid... how does being immortal sound to you?" he whispered suddenly.

message 44: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez growled as he was pinned, about to curse at him before pausing at the offer. Immortal... would be nice. He swallowed and glared at him, not scared by his fangs,"What kind of sick joke are you playing you Scum ?" He hissed.

He leaned forward, grazing the skin of his neck with his teeth and smiling, "Mmmm you're enticed. I like that" he purred. "Be my apprentice, and I can teach you wonders. Don't you want to live forever? Immune to illnesses, a creature of the night stalking your prey?" he teased, letting out the tiniest giggle.

message 46: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez tilted his head to the side, growling softly before he suddenly threw his head forward, harshly head butting him right in the face,"Go. To. HELL." He hissed, starting to kick at him as well.

Theddeus grunted and stumbled backwards, falling on his behind and laughing as he rubbed his forehead, "I'm all out of vacation days kid" he retorted.

message 48: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments "Then suck your own shitty ass blood." He growled, kicking him harshly in the side as he was down, before fixing his jacket on his shoulders" ,Now you've messed up my jacket." He grunted before kicking him once more in the face,"Who would want to be the apprentice to a piece of shit like you." He demanded before he turned and headed quickly away, hoping he wouldn't follow.

Theddeus didn't hesitate to follow, throwing him against the wall quite harshly this time and glaring into his eyes, "Fine. Don't wanna be my apprentice? Then be my slave" he growled before puncturing the skin of his neck with his fangs.

message 50: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 130 comments Ez grunted at the impact of the wall, his head throbbing as he opened his eyes,"B-Be... n-no!" He gasped, struggling weakly and trying to headbutt him again,"Let go!" He gasped

« previous 1