New Canadian Library and other Canadian Lit Challenge discussion

Monthy Book Discussions > NCL books discussed

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 237 comments Mod
When we have enough members, we will read and discuss NCL books that have been nominated and chosen as a group.

message 2: by Tracey (new)

I have added some books to the bookshelf as possible reads from November onwards.

message 3: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 195 comments Thanks.

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy I always wonder about the accuracy of Wikipedia, but (for what it's worth) I found this list there.

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy By the way, since there is no thread for introductions, I hope you don't mind if I say "hello" here. I joined the group a few days ago so I am already a few months behind on the July to July challenge but I will fill in the challenge with the number that I hope to read from January to July 2017.

I have been trying for several years to read more Canadian literature but haven't done very well. I have been reading a lot of 19th-century books. Hopefully, 2017 will be my year for CanLit! :-)

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Sandy wrote: "By the way, since there is no thread for introductions, I hope you don't mind if I say "hello" here. I joined the group a few days ago so I am already a few months behind on the July to July challe..."

Hi Sandy. You are very welcome to the group. You are correct we don't have an introduction thread which was my oversight so I will add one now. I am glad you wanted to join.

message 7: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 195 comments Hi, Sandy. Welcome to the group. I see you are like me because I am already planning my 2017 reads as well.

message 8: by Tracey (new)

Great bargains on NCL and McClelland & Stewart books from

http://bookoutlet.ca/Store/Search?qf=...

(put McClelland & Stewart in the search)

message 9: by Tracey (new)

For January the book is Over Prairie Trails but from February onwards I would like us to have nominations. We now have a few more members so I am open to discussing what is the group choice. I have many books on the booklist and I will probably nominate the next one of the list each month but will leave the thread open for others to post. I will open that thread now just to get us kicked off for the new year but normally I will do it at the start of each month. Happy Christmas and happy reading everyone.

message 10: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 195 comments I think that is a good idea, Tracey. It will give me a chance to nominate some of the books that I own.

New Canadian Library and other Canadian Lit...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Over Prairie Trails (other topics)