What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. MG? Protagonist is dog, he is on cover. Talking animals, no humans. Wedding of 2 animals, bandits show up at reception and try to rob bride & groom

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles Belles | 2 comments Can someone please help me find the name of a book?

It was a book with talking animals in it and no humans.

the hero or protagonist of the book was a dog and he was on the cover of the book.

He was a black or brown dog if I am remembering right.

It was a book in the library of my middle school.

there was a chapter at the wedding of two animals, and at the reception bandits showed up and tried to rob the bride, groom, and guest and a big fight broke up.

The wedding guests won the fight, but the dog suffered a head injury and was knocked unconscious.

When he woke up he had a white bandage around his head.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36044 comments Mod
Charles, what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Can you tell us more about the main dog - his role or job, personality, friends, etc.?

What's the tone or genre - humor, mystery, adventure, action, etc.?

message 3: by Charles (new)

Charles Belles | 2 comments I was in middle school when I read the book so early to mid 2000's.

I guess it is an adventure book with some humor and action scene since it has him walking along a road interacting with the people he meets along the way, that is how he gets invited to the wedding.

when he wakes up after the wedding fight I think him, the groom, and the wedding guests go to the bandits headquarters.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Charles, was your book "The Ham Heist" or are you still looking?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Charles, was your book "The Ham Heist" or are you still looking?"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ham Heist (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Darrel Odgers (other topics)